What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best pH for ProMix

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The difference between HP and BX is HP has a lot of perlite and BX has added vermiculite. Hp is for less water holding and BX is for holding more water. I've used both and like them both. You can get BX with a bio-fungicide to help with mold. Greenhouse growers in the Summer use BX and in the Winter HP.

Chuckeye

One change I've made is install a temperature controller on my room exhaust fan, temps are now between 78 and 81F, the girls seem to like it ;)

My humidifier has been retired, I'm now running in the low 40's rh now that spring is in the horizon !

Yesterdays feeding was .5g of Bud Explosion and 6g of MC in 4L of water.

Day 15 The Girls 19 Mar 23.jpg

Day 15 Apple Betty bud 19 Mar 23.jpg

Day 15 Golden Tiger bud 19 Mar 23.jpg

Day 15 Malawi bud 19 Mar 23.jpg

Day 15 Wild Thailand 19 Mar 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I was running a Promix HP/ Ocean Forest soil mixture. I usually mixed my nutes for flowering down around 6.0...and a little higher for veg. I cant remember no real issues surfacing. Alot of guys these days like to get down into the 5s opposed to 10-15 yrs ago when 6.5 veg 6.0-6.2 flowering was the norm. Im not sure if its really helping getting really low with the ph. I guess whatever you get dialed in stay with it. Use a tester plant to test out lower Phs in your grow