What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best pH for ProMix

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6.3-6.5.... You need to make sure your PH is reading correctly. I have had more PH issues from New probes being bad right out of the box. If something doesn't look right the odds are related to low PH. Ive had to verify ph using at least 2 different meters/probes. I won't use Bluelab probes anymore. Promix HP slurry tests @6.

Chuckeye

Last time I checked my well water ph After adding Mega Crop one part was 7.0

No ph down and at this point I'm at 4g/4L of MC...

Day 52 The Girls 2 Mar 23.jpg

Cheers

Sub24ox7

The issues with ph definitely show up once in flower imo. I got ph issues on this round and I was sitting at 6.6 ph runoff. Lower leaves yellowing in between veins then complete yellow with tips curling up. Last feed I did was 6.2 ph and they liked it better. I like the sunshine mix #4 bales much better than pro mix.

Chuckeye

The issues with ph definitely show up once in flower imo. I got ph issues on this round and I was sitting at 6.6 ph runoff. Lower leaves yellowing in between veins then complete yellow with tips curling up. Last feed I did was 6.2 ph and they liked it better. I like the sunshine mix #4 bales much better than pro mix.
With MC yellowing lower leaves usually means hunger !

When I lollipop I leave some lower fan leaves to tell mw when to up the nutrient amount...

Cheers

Chuckeye

Keep us posted when you start flowering because I am interested in how your plants take up micronutrients with that pH. Your plants in veg look really good with the 7 pH. Keep us posted friend.
Will do, they are at the end of the second day of 12/12 !

Cheers

Chuckeye

This is my last crop (no ph) three weeks before harvest @ day 124. Includes 50 days of veg...

Lambs Bread, topped once and minor LST.

Day 50  Lambs Bread high 13 Oct.jpg

Double Chocolate, topped once and at 28" high branches were tied down to a 20" hoop and forced to grow horizontally.

Day 50 Double Chocolate high 13 Oct.jpg

Durban Poison, topped once and hoop trained.

Day 50 Durban Poison high 13 Oct.jpg

Green Crack, topped once and LST.

Day 50 Green Crack high 13 Oct.jpg

Cheers

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Damn those are pretty and they look healthy. How do you feed your plants? Do you feed with every watering? What kind of water do you use?

Chuckeye

Damn those are pretty and they look healthy. How do you feed your plants? Do you feed with every watering? What kind of water do you use?
I mentioned I use well water twice !

And I feed with every watering right to the end. Works out to be close to the feeding schedule on GreenLeaf's web site. They are the maker of Mega Crop.

Last crop I was up to 7.5g/4L in 3 gallon fabric bags.

This grow is with 5 gallon bags.

Cheers

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I mentioned I use well water twice !

And I feed with every watering right to the end. Works out to be close to the feeding schedule on GreenLeaf's web site. They are the maker of Mega Crop.

Last crop I was up to 7.5g/4L in 3 gallon fabric bags.

This grow is with 5 gallon bags.

Cheers
Isn't that organic fertilizer?

Chuckeye

Isn't that organic fertilizer?
From their website > Mega Crop - FAQ

The short answer is no. At Greenleaf Nutrients, we focus on making the highest quality nutrients and fertilizers possible, which is not possible using outdated and arbitrary OMRI standards.

MEGA CROP and our fertilizer products are Vegan fertilizers, and Organic compatible because they benefit the soil, but do not official have Organic (OMRI) certification. Our fertilizers meet or exceed the same or higher standards as Organic fertilizers as far as toxins, heavy metals, and other contaminants and pollutants. Our products are compatible with organic growing methods because they benefit the soil conditions and living microbes, do not contain any pesticides/toxin and do not harm the microbiology.

“Organic” fertilizers refers to a certification done by the private company OMRI, which will give OMRI Listed® certification once paid the appropriate fees ($$) and requirements are met. It is of our opinion the “OMRI” certification for fertilizer products is outdated and arbitrary, and doesn’t serve or convey any useful metric. In many cases OMRI has lower or forces lower standards for ingredients, because they rely on animal products which can accumulate toxins from the environment at a high rate, and are less effective. OMRI was created without understanding the concept of newer hydroponic growing in mind, in which nutrients and fertilizers generally are the highest possibly qualify. For example, our Seaweed Kelp extract products are the highest quality in the industry, using low temperature enzymatic extraction, and come from the ocean as “organic molecules,” however are not considered “Organic” by OMRI because the processing facility did not pay the fees to them.

Our fertilizers have several advantages over Organic fertilizers.

• Not sourced from animals, so no risk of antibiotics, antibiotic resistant bacteria, pharmaceuticals, hormones or pathogens, or heavy metal accumulation that are associated with animal based products
  • Far more water soluble and available to the plants, for better absorption, quicker and complete uptake by the plants, and far lower amounts required (thus requiring less shipping)
  • Lower environmental impact because of higher efficiency
  • Not supporting the animal agriculture industry which involves cruelty and some people may find not ethical
Cheers

Last edited:

Three Berries

Mono potassium phosphate is a good pH down, been treating with 5.0 pH nute water. My Promix BX in flower were 7.7-7.3 for pH run off first dose, 7.3-6.9 the second. They really have not been run to run off much before. I'm saving the run off and pH it to 5.0 and back it goes tonight.

Used 6.5-6.9 hard well water nutes. Don't have to add any pH modifiers to it but still too much carbonates over time it appears. I need to add more perlite too.