What's new

Best overall commercial strain? (taste, yield, potency, etc..)

Bramski

Northern light x Bigbud and Afghani.1 from nirvana are both massive yielders and have good bag appeal and taste/potency. Original Big Bud SuperSkunk from High Quality seeds is also a very good commercial strain, I ran it for 3 years and everybody who tried it loved it.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
aeric said:
a hybrid is between two strains, (not neccessarily an F1 hybrid between two stable strains)a polyhybrid is with 3 or more strains....if im not mistaken.

I see. So in order for it to be qualified as a hybrid it has to be two strains (ex. Afghani x Burmese). The polyhybrid is when a cross of strains that have a making of more then one strain in them (ex. Blueberry x Haze) both of these strains contain other strains that made them up. With Blueberry being made up of Highland Thai/Purple Thai/Afghan and Haze being Colombian/Mexican/Thai/Indian.

N

New Grower

Closet Funk! 314 posts and you still don't know what should you try... interesting.

I would advise you these commercial strains:

Bubblegum (Serious)
Bogglegum (BOG)
C99
AK-47
Sweettooth#3
Legends Ultimate Indica
Sensi Star
Pot of Gold (Flying Dutchman)
Critical Mass (Mr. Nice)

These are all perfect strains!

I hope it helps!

Peace!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
What's posts have to do with asking about commercial strains? Someone could have 1500 posts and still not know things about certain strains. Thanks for your input though.

G

closet, i have to mention that the skunk #1 can do the trick...

Last edited:

ND 2

I'd like to know what classifies as a "Commercial Grow"...I have about 175 plants out...is that commercial?...I really don't think 8 plants is commercial..perhaps I'm wrong...I do have some G13 x HP going and it's a good yield and high...NL x BB is supposed to be good as well although I've heard the BB is a little unstable...I know Donkey Dick is huge yeild and very good high...I have some LUI going and have been told it's a good producer...hell everything I have out had better be a big yielder or I screwed up...stay safe..

ND

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
ND 2 said:
I really don't think 8 plants is commercial.

Well it's going to be 16 plants total and where I live that is plenty for commercial. I figured once I got it down I'd be harvesting a pound a month (2 oz per plant, 8 plants a month). That is plenty for personal smoke for myself and whatever else I want to do with it. It's going to be a small setup that hopefully yields good, this is why I'm looking for something that is going to produce that 2 oz per plant or more. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

aeric

Veteran
ok...better to quote Clarke:
hybrid: a heterozygous individual resulting from crossing 2 seperate strains.
polyhybrid cross: a hybrid cross for more than one trait.

Green:
hybrid: the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, esp....of different varieties, species or races.
I'm looking for something that is going to produce that 2 oz per plant or more.
most of those can do that easy with hydro/pruning/enough light

20kw dreams

lol..

this thread is funny, kind of. I almost want to start one myself.

I can say, that you grow style will definately detirmine the yield of each strain. Some do better FIM'ed, some SOG'ed, and some ScrOG'ed. Some pheno's/strains will do better in different temps, humidity levels, nutrient deliveries, and light levels then other strains would. You also must consider that any strain will have it's winner pheno's and loser pheno's, which may or may not do good in whatever grow style/atmospheric conditions which you are using/submissive to.

Here's my know though:

A winner heno of Blueberry I have(very, very hungry)
Pot-O-Gold(hates soil, LOVES hydro)
White Russian(durable high yielding good herb all the way around)

I'm woking on 12 other strains now, and can only give limited info. You need to pick a few strains and work on finding the right pheno's in packs of seeds yourself, unless you have an experienced cloner who can/has done it for you.

I would try and find a nice blueberry if I were you though, as a common blueberry pheno is a nice, fast growing, very hungry, high yielding, very tasty, nice high, super greatr smelling herb which is sure to please the rookie and the most elite at the same wave of the growing wand.

I've heard bubblegums(especially BOG's) are the same way, but no personal experience.

If you want to say in general, I would suggest a winner phe

I will ask this. Does anybody

Guest423

Veteran
any skunk #1 or cross, definatly can't go wrong with bluemoon, blueberry, bubblegum, white russian, white rhino....they have the best of everything

chronic, heavy duty fruity, critical mass, ect.....have big yields but then your compromising a little extra yield for overall quality.

depends if your looking to have a bumper crop for xtra money or piles of personal smoke.......i'd rather have 3/4 lb of super killer bud then 1lb of decent bud.

20kw dreams

Woops, I was slightly drunk and seems I just kind of left the end of that post hanging.

The HOG and Soma's diesel are a couple others that I am working on now which show promise, although I have not done full runs w/ either yet. Reefermans Hashplant is another I have heard many great things about from many different sources. I have been told it is EASY to pull 1g/watt with the RH, and it is an excellent smoke.

If I were to start from scratch with seeds, I would go w/ a nice batch of 20 to 30 of either the Pot-o-gold or Reef's Hashplant and spend the time searching for that winner mum.

That POG I mentioned above is Skunk#1 X Master Kush btw.

I was going to ask, would people have a different opinion if you ruled out ease of growth as a factor?

aeric

Veteran
20kw: depends on what aspect of growth you mean.

It should be a given that pheno selection, growing method, sizing and spacing play a major role...

Reign of Terror

if you ask me og bub's powerhouse looks like the best thing since sliced bread, it is the bushiest plant ive ever seen, beyond a stable f1, considered a true f1, as said by cbf potency is very good and fruity

im gonna grow this one soon

V

vhGhost

wow interesting read... i see alot of winners but most commercial grows are known for going from clone straight to flower with very little veg time.<5days(sog)

What strain would fit in this catagory ? ...

G

wow interesting read... i see alot of winners but most commercial grows are known for going from clone straight to flower with very little veg time.<5days(sog)

What strain would fit in this catagory ? ...
any.

thats the beauty of SOG. just as long as it clones easily and u know what yer doin

commercial growers in this area do big sog runs b/c sativa is always in demand
and runnin a multiple-single-cola room with little to no veg time makes up for it.

hope this helps

G

or less !

afom's was taken @ day 46 12/12
AND, powerhouse is incredible pot.
but all bubs gear is bulletproof. :smile:

cant go wrong buyin HTC genetics.