What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best nutrients for coco

topheavy420

Yes I've used both AN Sensi Coco and GH Coco Tek at the same time. To save money I use to run coco tek for veg and sensi coco bloom for flower. I now get sensi coco for a better price than I can get coco tek at $50 a 10 liter or $100 for a 23 liter so I'm not doing that anymore. Coco tek is my second favorite coco nutrient it doesn't need cal mag at least. Someone was saying you don't need cal mag with any coco nutrients that's simply not true all the coco nutrients from Europe that l know about still need cal mag which to me means there out dated incomplete nutrients.

Your water is softer than mine, mines about 110 ppm and PH 8 out of the tap. For me the coco tek would always always require some PH down and the PH always rises quicker than with sensi coco. Sensi Coco like all of AN bases has the PH perfect technology that holds your PH in the 5.5-6.5 sweet spot for a week and makes it so your nutrients will be absorbed properly with a PH between 5-8 so even if it rises on you, you don't need to adjust it. To me that makes it worth the extra few bucks is you can't find it for as cheap as coco tek. Plus Sensi Coco has aminos, a wetting agent, humic and fulvic acid and it's cal mag and iron are chelated. For me it's the highest quality easiest to use coco nutrient.

How many ml's per gallon are you using? Voodoo, b52, big bud, overdrive too?

I've basically cut their calculator numbers in half and been going 10/5 base/boosters

BubbaBear

It depends on how big my plants are and if they are heavy feeders or not but generally between 8-12 ml per gallon. I'm more of a 3/4 strength kinda guy, I find that works best for most nutrients and additives. I run big bud coco formula but that's it as far a AN additives, I use cheaper more concentrated stuff like, Grow mores jump start in place of B52, floralicious plus in place of nirvana, glucose powder in place of carboload load, chitosan powder in place of bud factor x, OG Bio War in place of voodoo juice and tarantula and ultra clear sst in place of piranha and sensizym

coldcanna

Veteran
Every brand of nutrients is just a slightly different mix of the same basic elements from nature. Someone could theoretically be successful with any line as long as they took the time to dial it in. To me, the nute lines marketed to pot growers are so blatantly overpriced it's puke worthy. I've grown good pot with several different brands and landed on Jacks because the price point is great. Fwiw, I've grown 1lb plants with miracle grow. DJM, who authored one of the greatest grow threads ever on this site said it himself, that the brand of nutrients is one of the least important variables in growing

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Every brand of nutrients is just a slightly different mix of the same basic elements from nature. Someone could theoretically be successful with any line as long as they took the time to dial it in. To me, the nute lines marketed to pot growers are so blatantly overpriced it's puke worthy. I've grown good pot with several different brands and landed on Jacks because the price point is great. Fwiw, I've grown 1lb plants with miracle grow. DJM, who authored one of the greatest grow threads ever on this site said it himself, that the brand of nutrients is one of the least important variables in growing

Saying that don't make it true.:biggrin: In 3 years I went through GH 3 part, Maxibloom, 6/9, V+B HD, Canna and then I gave V+B RO/Soft a try. Huge immediate gain in yield, flavor and smell. Knock your socks off improvement for a simple 1 part dry mix that needs NO boosters and NO additives. I'm not dialed in like DJM and never will be, what he says may be true to that master grower. I know what I've seen in my garden and this stuff is head and shoulders better than those I've tried.:tiphat:

paper thorn

Veteran
I like h and g coco a and b.

Too many additives though.

I have used assorted 3 part and 2 part nutes, like gh flora. I'm using CocoTek right now, but I'll probably go back to Maxibloom when I run out of cocotek. All nutes are good, just what you like. I like Maxibloom. a little koolbloom late in flower.

Ive been doing Aquaflakes a&b at 10ml from clone to harvest with excellent results. Ill hit them the last couple weeks with moab and sugaree (cutting base to 5ml) . I did runs with all the additives and with just aquaflakes a&b at 10ml from clone to harvest and see very very little difference in end product. Plus using just the flakes in the rez keeps things simple and clean and not to mention how ph stable it is.

Rondon

This is the truth. Ive been growing dope since the mid eighties. When there were only a handful of nutrients in the few hydroponic shops in the country. What ive learned is nutrients dont make or break an indoor grow. As long as they are complete and balanced...they all do the same damn thing. Results are negligible at best. And believe me...ive used them all.

soundman

This is the truth. Ive been growing dope since the mid eighties. When there were only a handful of nutrients in the few hydroponic shops in the country. What ive learned is nutrients dont make or break an indoor grow. As long as they are complete and balanced...they all do the same damn thing. Results are negligible at best. And believe me...ive used them all.

Miss those old days. Was even a trick to get good HPS lighting.

Remember the "Green Lists"? You only had a few shops to mail order from and you had to wonder if you had your name down somewhere.

I actually think good old Peters was the best.

Rondon

Miss those old days. Was even a trick to get good HPS lighting.

Remember the "Green Lists"? You only had a few shops to mail order from and you had to wonder if you had your name down somewhere.

I actually think good old Peters was the best.
Ahhh...Peters 20-20-20. I remember. Also remember Eco dry powder nutes. Also remember when Hydrofarm made a kick ass veg and bloom dry powder that came with the Quantum rockwool slab drip system. And General Hydroponics Water farm was a 5 gallon bucket system and called the Aquafarm. Good ole days.

Rondon

What about the 2 and 3 ark Sun Circle light rotator??? God what a contraption that was. Back then i used all that shit. And loud ass squirrel cage blowers were about all we had for exhaust ventilation. I grew some bomb ass smoke back then. Real underground shit it was. Back around 1984 or even '83. Weve came along way since then

Latest posts

Latest posts