What's new

BEST NUTRIENT LINE.......

Mr. Smith

Trying to decide on what base nutrient line to use........Juggling between a few...does anyone have experience with these lines...thx in advance.....

using gold label coco
sog style

contemplating . H&G coco a&B or
AN Connisseur a&b or
Humboldt County's Own Deep Fusion nutes

K

komodod

tbh nutrients are a very individual thing. everybody has a favorite, ive use advanced nutrients and house and garden. both are good. they all probably do a good job.

clown baby

H&G frustrates me... Have you ever looked at their guaranteed analysis? Makes righting deficiencies a nightmare, because you have no idea what you're feeding. Give them a call and all they say is "you need to run the whole line." Maybe that's why they release an incomplete base nute and want you to buy both of their kelp supplements for the micros....

YosemiteSam had a lot of luck with jacks classic hydroponic + calcium nitrate. He's got a thread on here if you want to check it out.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
H&G frustrates me... Have you ever looked at their guaranteed analysis? Makes righting deficiencies a nightmare, because you have no idea what you're feeding. Give them a call and all they say is "you need to run the whole line." Maybe that's why they release an incomplete base nute and want you to buy both of their kelp supplements for the micros....

YosemiteSam had a lot of luck with jacks classic hydroponic + calcium nitrate. He's got a thread on here if you want to check it out.

They have their . in the wrong spot. I.e. 1.3 is actually 13...

I used H&G for 2 years with great success. Went to Jack's to save money. Little more work, but totally worth it.

Mr. Smith

Humboldt County's Own

Humboldt County's Own

Anyone check out their Deep Fusion line?.....half of it is derived from kelp and molasses already containing additives.....Its so new its hard to find info....

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
For the price and performance I have to suggest Botanicare's Pure Blend Pro. I've used it for years and every plant loves it.

-Funk

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I use H&G 's. full line. Got like 3 full same packs from them. They are pretty cool peeps for sure actually. And been using the full line and actually had great results so far. I had some issues with my coco. Leaf twist and stuff and. I literally fed one time with the H&G line ( I started a big thread on them check it out ) an fixed it instantly. Next set of leaves were perfect. So I'm pretty happy with them. I pretty much have like most companies full line that I've gotten over the year. Freebies, full line samples and purchases. I gotta say though. ROOTS organics and synthetic line Is the shit as well. Really really like them man. Good quality stuff graat customer setvice IMO. I talk to someone personally over there all the time. Cell phone number and all. She helps me with everything. Personally I don't think there's any "Best" nute line out there. There's no Magical nutrient that will do it all. It comes down to preference also. Meaning. Your price range. Simplicity. Availability etc. I've also come to realize that K.I.S.S works great. I get caught up in all the craziness myself all the marketing labeling and bs that comes along with it all too. Truth is if you could build yourself a good soil mix amending all the good stuff you could go without any expensive nutrient line at all. Sometimes it helps though for a boost. But just try to keep it simple and you'll get amazing results. That my 2 cents hopefully it helps

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Maxibloom or the GH 3-part Flora series. Super clean.

Awesome base nute. Add Pro-Tekt or similar and you're favorite bloom booster and/or smell/taste enhancers and you're golden.

10 years here without complaints, rock solid stuff.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Speaking of smell/ flavor enhacers an such. Whät are people using these days to get the full potential of resin production smell and flavors. To get the full potential of the genetics. Raising the brix levels ribos and such. Through out the cycle n or final stretch. Obviously no magical product. But. Just curious

Y

YosemiteSam

The real question I have...does anyone know more after one of these threads than before? Everyone has an opinion. My guess is the asker ends up more confused than when they ask.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
House & Garden, i think advanced is too expensive, an more marketing than real scientific facts...

Like there 1 liter amino product that's $289.00, or there BUD-XL 5L which is $200+ dollars? Or there ROots Excelurator 1L for $200? Crazy man, i've never heard anyone say H&G was affordable... My :2cents:

On the other had a great line for your coco would be Cutting Edge SOlutions, they have a Sugaree, or Sour D for flavor enhancers, no fuss with PH, micro, grow, bloom. If you want the plant amp, and the mag amp, that's there cal/mag products. This stuff works great, and is VERY affordable. You can get gal's of the grow, bloom, micro for under 30$! Good luck, I hope you find something that works well for you. SL :joint:

I

izzywozzywizzy

Hi,took me a while to get use to h&g but it has given me good shit and big yeilds ,I found the feed menus bollocks and just made my own recipes up .use half strength you won't go wrrong,canna I like but yeilds seems to be down maybe my doing and not the feed ,peace

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You'll get the best results with a nutrient that's balanced for cannabis. Or at least close.

How can you tell when your nutrient is balanced for the plants you're growing? You can run it in a res with no changeouts for 6 months... until you've used too much pH adjustment and the plants start suffering.

Can your nutrient profile do this?

Maxibloom is close... I don't like to run it out past about 4 months before changing. 0/8/16 with GH Flora is the closest I've come to "run it as long as ya like... we don't care, we're just growing here like mad".

Personally I don't use any flavor/smell enhancers. *shrug* I've yet to run across anyone that says they've had better than mine. I'll say I've had better than mine, that's why mine is better now than it was before those experiences. Research, time, experience. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Y

YosemiteSam

Actually my best results come from thinking there ain't nothing special as far as grow requirements go about weed at all. I much prefer focusing on Albrecht ratios and ignoring all of the conventional weed wisdom completely.

1/2 the K of Lucas, 2/3 of the Mg

untitled-0004-2.jpg

Salt nutes but I don't even bother pHing the res at all...fuck that move it through a range shit. It has no bearing at all on what your media pH or more importantly sap pH is going to be anyways so why go through the gyrations.

Get the cation ratios right and have a reasonable nH4 ccontent for your water and that is it.

Unfortunately, no bottled nute I know of comes close.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
House & Garden, i think advanced is too expensive, an more marketing than real scientific facts...

can we please stop with AN hate please..

proof it's all in the hate:

-H&G algen 1 liter- $74
-H&G amino 250ml - $55
-H&G roots excelerator 250 ml - $60
-rock root tonic 1 liter - $55
-canna boost 1 liter - $90
-canna rizo 1 liter - $55
-bio bizz bio heaven 500ml - $32
-aruora innovation amino aide 1 quart - $44
-GH floralicious plus 8 ounces - $22
-technaflora seaweed 1 liter - $47
-GH bio bud 1 quart - $32
-B'cuzz bloombastic 325ml - $90

also so you know, AN conducts research in Bulgaria, why not check out the high P myth pdf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

for H&G, they did there NPK numbers off of labeling laws.. so they complied with making the minimum analysis very small... second H&G can even be grown with R/O perfectly fine .. I know because I did it without any def's.

S

symbiote420

It amazes the amount of nutes companies say you need and the $$$ people are spending lol, marketing is a form of brainwashing folks .....why do you think companies spend so much $$$$ on advertising, hmmm?!

All I do is add a little earthworm castings and perlite to my soilmix then I repot my plants every 7 to 10 days during veg into a bigger container, I'm now experiencing the best growth I've ever had ........I don't have to use any bottled nutes it all during the veg stage, maybe a castings tea if a particular plant is a little more hungrier than the rest, but that's it! The plant knows how to grow on it's own it's been doing it before we got here!

Neptune's Harvest Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1 is the ultimate complete fert, it's organic, it feeds the soil, not the plant too! The majority of these "miracle" nutes in a bottle do nothing more than add water weight to your fruits & flowers ...that's why those huge strawberries don't taste like shiz but water and the smaller ones are bursting with flavor!

We're not horses so take off the blinders people! Marijuana has always been a poor man's plant .....I bet you the countries it originated aren't using all these nutes, hell they probably can't afford one bottle let alone 30 ......I have some homies in the Motherland that don't even know who Fox Farms or Advanced Nutrients are and their shiz is straight dank!

They bulked the animals up and we're finding out the ill effects of that, what is bulking our buds doing?

Latest posts

Latest posts