What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Mini-Split AC Question

G

Guest 18340

All mini's usually have a cut-out on each side and one at the bottom.
As you can see from the pic, I used the bottom one.

G

Guest 18340

Thanks Buddy! Im thinking of having everything setup and installed , except the vacumn. Then im having a 420 friendly hvac guy pull the vac. Does this sound doable?
Totally doable, thats how I did my very first install.
Since you're having a tech to the vacuuming then I would just let him tighten down the flare connections as well. He'll either use torque wrenches or at least have a feel for it from experience.

Totally doable, thats how I did my very first install.
Since you're having a tech to the vacuuming then I would just let him tighten down the flare connections as well. He'll either use torque wrenches or at least have a feel for it from experience.

Thanks for the pics..:)

Does the indoor unit require torqueing? I was hoping to keep him on the outside? Also that grey wire is that a power cord for the indoor unit?

G

Guest 18340

Yes, the indoor flares require torquing as well. You could maybe borrow a torque wrench from someone OR go by feel. I did mine without the wrench and have never had a leak,,,
Yes, the grey wire is the power cord for the indoor unit.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a mitsubishi and never looked back. rock solid. you can grab a pump and gauges from ebay for less than $300 and vac it yourself if you want to be uber safe.

E

ekomsi

I have a 36,000btu mini split YMGI brand it works great and the outdoor conpressor is super quiet

G

Guest 18340

I have a 36,000btu mini split YMGI brand it works great and the outdoor conpressor is super quiet
YMGI warranty = 5 years compressor, 1 year parts.
Mitsubishi warranty = 7 years compressor, 5 year parts.
It's always the "parts" that break down because all those cheap no name brand units have name brand compressors. Good luck finding parts for it, they don't exist...

E

ekomsi

true that 1 yr parts bullshit but, the manufacturer is based in N.C. I think, cause when I called the number on the installation manual it was a USA number and I talked to all americans, english speaking tech lol isnt that rare now adays lol if I need something Im gonna call them agian they helped me and my hvac guy out.

I sure wish I had a mitsubishi warranty, either way lets hope noone has to use a warranty in the middle of summer!!!

whodare

Veteran
Just bought this bad boy, http://www.friedrich.com/products/residential/window/breeze

It is a DIY install, with pre-charged line set, and a quick connect. The line set and wires all come with it. I picked up the 24k btu for 2k$ to my door. Not as cheap as the Mitsubishi out-right but when you price in installation it is.

Anyway when it comes this week I'll update on the install.

The other thing about this company is I believe they have operations ie call centers in the us and replacement parts are available through hvac and industrial supply store who have chains all over.

mg75

the IDEAL AIR mini-split AC works. get the largest you can afford. get the ones with the heat pump!
i own a 12000btu with 2 non-air-cooled 1000w in blockbuster hoods, dehumidifier, and propane co2 in a sealed room with 95 degrees outside. keeps the room at 77 and the canopy at 81.

yerboyblue

Where did you guys purchase your mini-split systems? I have looked at go-ductless but am unsure due to some reviews.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Not installed yet..

I got a Slim from GoDuctless... no problems.. didnt ship right away (week delay) for some reason, but I did receive it fully intact and packaged well.

They were out of the proper sized line set required so I ordered it from another website.

Here is to hoping my pre-flares seal good with no leaks..

yerboyblue

Not installed yet..

I got a Slim from GoDuctless... no problems.. didnt ship right away (week delay) for some reason, but I did receive it fully intact and packaged well.

They were out of the proper sized line set required so I ordered it from another website.

Here is to hoping my pre-flares seal good with no leaks..

Good to know Go-Ductless works. Most complaints seemed to be because stuff was backordered when the website said 1-2 days it ships. I guess I should call ahead of ordering to make sure they are definitely in stock and not on backorder. Sooner the better.

I also called my hydro store and said they can get the Idealaires from Sunlight Supply in like 2 days. They are also going to call their supplier for other a/cs to check on availability and quotes for fujitsu and mitsu.

yerboyblue

the IDEAL AIR mini-split AC works. get the largest you can afford. get the ones with the heat pump!
i own a 12000btu with 2 non-air-cooled 1000w in blockbuster hoods, dehumidifier, and propane co2 in a sealed room with 95 degrees outside. keeps the room at 77 and the canopy at 81.

Thanks for this info, how long have you had your Ideal Air?

Latest posts

Latest posts