What's new

Best LED under $300.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for sure the Spider Farmer

The HLG requires 2 lights; one for veg, one for flower (see the choice in the product page)

Also the SF is the most sprectrally correct inexpensive light Ive seen

Plus, later you can add a second one to max out a 5 x 5

hth

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks guys, I am undecided between the 200X Crecer or the Spider Farmer. They are both pretty much the same wattage from the wall.

I have a 315wCMH in a 4x4 and I plan to add the LED.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've grown with a Mars Hydro TS series light, and I'll vouch for the spectrum and setup. :) Can't wait to get a decent spot for it again, it's crying out to grow something! lol

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hmmm to be honest I didn't really consider MarsHydro to be in the running because I didn't think they'd be as good as the Quantum200X from Crecer and the Spider Farmer SF-2000 but after going to Mars website and checking a few diaries out I think I need to reevaluate. The Mars is 100watts more than the other two a little more than I was planning on running because I'm gonna keep my 315w CDL in my 4x4 tent but I'd assume it would be brighter.

Thanks for the info guys.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hmmm to be honest I didn't really consider MarsHydro to be in the running because I didn't think they'd be as good as the Quantum200X from Crecer and the Spider Farmer SF-2000 but after going to Mars website and checking a few diaries out I think I need to reevaluate. The Mars is 100watts more than the other two a little more than I was planning on running because I'm gonna keep my 315w CDL in my 4x4 tent but I'd assume it would be brighter.

Thanks for the info guys.

Yes, We are more cost-effective. Less than 1USD each wattage.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Oh just saw in your sig about the ICMAG coupon code @MarsHydro, how much does the coupon code take off?, that is definitely a deciding factor.
Thanks

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Full spectrum can do veg and also flower?, I think the Mars is in the lead for my decision.

It's between the Mars TSW-2000 or The Spider Farmer 2000
True Full Spectrum lights are compromises, though they do work for both, however, jack of all trades master of none. And I do have several such.

Closer to ideal would be having the flower spectrums on a separate o/o switch

Knowing the 4th planet from the suns history of beyond poor customer service (search you for it you will find videos of people smashing them in a variety of ways. If you still want to buy their lights after taht, you can't say you didn't know

just because some one advertises on IC does not make them trustworthy (and no I never bought from them)

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Ah I see, yeah a switch to turn on flower would be nice.

I googled it and it seems some people are hit or miss with them.

If you had $300 what would you look at to buy..?

imakandi

True Full Spectrum lights are compromises, though they do work for both, however, jack of all trades master of none. And I do have several such.

Closer to ideal would be having the flower spectrums on a separate o/o switch

Knowing the 4th planet from the suns history of beyond poor customer service (search you for it you will find videos of people smashing them in a variety of ways. If you still want to buy their lights after taht, you can't say you didn't know

just because some one advertises on IC does not make them trustworthy (and no I never bought from them)

i grow with marshydro,
i buy my lyght, my money, no advertise
can see my grow,

most influence on plant is grower, not lyght device,
you know
:)
salut

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The hlg225 is a cob that outputs 80% of the ppfd of the QB's when running the same power. So while it consumes 225w maximum, it's likely a 200w LED producing the output of a 160w QB.

A 240W QB is $150 on your doorstep. It should take 3-5 days to arrive, but something is wrong with package time from China right now. Sellers on your regions eBay may have them though. But that would be $250

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Morning.
After a cup of tea with my bacon&eggs, I think your 1.44sqm tent wants between 500 & 900 Watts. You have a 315 which I'm picturing in the middle, and want a bit of help in the 4 corners. Anything from 50w to 150w each.

Here we have a couple of 120w QB's that share a single dimming Meanwell driver
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.38.340c4cab4cJRTg
A pair of these, giving you 480w of led power split over 4 individual heads, will be $8 over budget. However, another $20 puts 660nm reds in there.

Or if you wanted to save a few quid, you could look at 4 ufo style lights. Some high bay warehouse lighting will be available, that's stocked on your continent. There is a definite grading issue with these, where you can pay anything, and still get something ancient and useless. With careful reading though, you can find sellers stocking a few generations at different prices, and even listing the diodes used. Some really are for electricians to light warehouses with, and will make a lot of light, while not ruining local radio reception. Which is a real issue with the cheap stuff(that's often hiding behind a high price tag)

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Those both look nice, I might hold off for a little bit I'm cleaning an LED I had that I was afraid to put in my tent because I was using it when I got powdery mildew at my old spot but I'm trying to clean everywhere so I can use it. It's a Prosource 180w ufo I bought like 5 or 6 years ago.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
She still works, I broke the glass out of the front so it'd be brighter because I couldn't get it clean enough to my liking.