What's new

BEST GUARD DOG?

I

im me

i gotta agree with chef if someones coming for what you got and they hear the dog barking and still kick in your door they are probably gonna shoot the dog then you. dogs are a great early alert the rest is up to you home invasions are a real big problem where i live and the home owners end up dead alot of the time having a gun is your best protection to protect yourself and family.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
in Nigeria they know whats up

hyena_men_03.jpg

I

im me

shit just got real I'm not fucking with a hyena that would keep ya safe as long as it doesn't eat you lol ill stick with my dog.

theclearspot

i gotta agree with chef if someones coming for what you got and they hear the dog barking and still kick in your door they are probably gonna shoot the dog then you. dogs are a great early alert the rest is up to you home invasions are a real big problem where i live and the home owners end up dead alot of the time having a gun is your best protection to protect yourself and family.

christ man where do you live sounds terrible? Lima or something? I have a mate lives outside Durban ,South Africa. He has two perimeter walls , in there are 3 Dobermans...if that fails he has a big red button on his wall behind the sofa...if he presses that...guaranteed in 3 minutes a private army arrives at his house....scary.........:woohoo:

I

im me

christ man where do you live sounds terrible? Lima or something? I have a mate lives outside Durban ,South Africa. He has two perimeter walls , in there are 3 Dobermans...if that fails he has a big red button on his wall behind the sofa...if he presses that...guaranteed in 3 minutes a private army arrives at his house....scary.........:woohoo:

I live in the midwest usa people are broke no jobs so they do what they have to in order to survive ten years ago this city was amazing now its a wasteland.

Wendull C.

Veteran
The dogs just give me time to decide if it's a shotgun or 30-06 time

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I would never want my dogs to "Fuck someone up".

Not only is that a cruel and inhumane thing to happen to the person, you usually have to put a dog down afterwards. I would leave the country before I would let the law kill my dog. And thieves, although in most people's minds are pieces of shit, I still have compassion for all human beings. I would not kill a thief over something material. It is not worth it from many standpoints including karma.

I think my big boy can deter a thief without actually doing more than giving him a warning roar. I have had cops come to my place (looking for someone else) and my dog was roaring at him. I seen the cop reach down and touch his gun. It was a freaky moment.

S

SeaMaiden

So, wait...

you're saying that if I have a Schutzhund-trained animal, we've gone through the whole deal, we're registered, training, belong to all the clubs, everything, and some asshole comes again through my front door and sets about to harming me, and I set that dog onto him and it fucks him up, as it's been trained, I'm going to be forced to put that dog down?

Really? That's the law? I have to admit, I find that very hard to believe.

paulycali

So, wait...

you're saying that if I have a Schutzhund-trained animal, we've gone through the whole deal, we're registered, training, belong to all the clubs, everything, and some asshole comes again through my front door and sets about to harming me, and I set that dog onto him and it fucks him up, as it's been trained, I'm going to be forced to put that dog down?

Really? That's the law? I have to admit, I find that very hard to believe.

Don't listen to him. He doesn't know about animals and biting people. I have been bit multiple times by neighborhood dogs. They don't get euthanized. They are given a second chance sometimes a third chance.
And that's biting someone off property. On property nothing will happen as they were trespassing and or breaking an entering. Your licensed dogs will be perfectly fine. No euthanization just a good thata boy :)

Remember the dog is helping the cops. Who knows what could of happen if no dogs were present. The officer could be killed or hurt. They would be glad the dogs were there and would never think once to take the dogs away and euthanize em. Doesn't work like that

I love my dogs :)

DrFever

Veteran
Don't listen to him. He doesn't know about animals and biting people. I have been bit multiple times by neighborhood dogs. They don't get euthanized. They are given a second chance sometimes a third chance.
And that's biting someone off property. On property nothing will happen as they were trespassing and or breaking an entering. Your licensed dogs will be perfectly fine. No euthanization just a good thata boy :)

Remember the dog is helping the cops. Who knows what could of happen if no dogs were present. The officer could be killed or hurt. They would be glad the dogs were there and would never think once to take the dogs away and euthanize em. Doesn't work like that

I love my dogs :)

That's not necessarily true if a kid kicks his soccer ball into your yard and kid gets in and your dog attacks him your up shit creek without a paddle.
If your kid has friends over and your dog attacks kids friends again your up shit creek as you were responsible for the kids safety again Dog will be put down , and owner fined 5 - 10 k
what about mail man ???? he is on your property and dog attacks him ???? Remember one thing Your dog your responsibility mail men have to deliver the mail its your responsibility to be in control of your dog at all times your dog bites you get sued simple .

No different if you walked into a Break and enter and you shot the fcking thief
you will be charged for murder or attempted murder its a fckt up system thats for sure

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cou...ting-alleged-car-thief-1.1398383#.UPr9KCdEFu4

i suggest anyone who is thinking of getting a dog either it being a vicious dog group or what ever to consult your local by law office for restrictions and laws concerning owning a dog in that group as well a lawyer concerning all aspects

paulycali

Aren't we just talking about dogs. What your saying isn't true. Forget about the mailman he's federal no matter what you do to him your screwed. Kid jumps over my fence and gets bit my dogs will not get put down. Sorry your wrong. In the front yard that's a different story but over a fence. Nah your dog can be out there all day long. If someone comes in and gets bit its there fault. I have been bitten on the streets by neighbors dogs. None of them were put down. I was a kid at the time to. They said they give 3 strikes before putting down. After the first bite off your property you will be fined and possibly sued of course. Possibly sued after the first bite to but they sure as hell aint going to put the dog down after biting someone for the first time

T

ThirstyKenny

Hi everyone. I have a 3 legged red cattle dog named Tina and she is my most loyal and trusted friend.
Kind of a funny story how we met. I used to drive trucks full time for a living. One day i pulled into the yard for my next load. The owner of the yard had a female cattle dog with a litter of pups. Well one of the pups was an escape artist and was constantly finding herself getting in the way of the trucks and forklifts and was become a real hazard. One morning this same little pup had found herself under the feet of another driver(a very big,angry man) and was annoying the heck out of him. I guess the driver had had enough of this and gave the pup a swift kick. I saw this and being a dog lover i told him in no uncertains terms what i thought of him for doing this. I recieved the biggest black eye ever and a tooth knocked out. Shortly after i guess the giant was feeling quite sorry about this especially because he was going to lose his job and he came over and appologised. He also handed me the same little red pup that the boss made him pay $100 for or get the heck off the property and never come back.
Tina and i have been best mates for over 5 years now and is the best guard dog i've ever known. I can leave the truck with doors unlocked over night and nothing will ever get stolen unless someone had a gun i suppose but thankfully that hasn't happened yet (touch wood) She's only ever bitten one person before and that was when a drunk guy attacked me so i can't be cranky with that :)
She lost her leg a couple of years ago in a four wheel drive incident. Hasn't slowed her down in the slightest. Can still outrun any cat. She hates cats unfortunately.

Thanks everyone

Thirsty Ken

S

SeaMaiden

Well, I guess I can thank goodness we don't get mail delivery to our door out here!

I'm warning all the delivery and service people that we *are* getting another dog, and they *won't* be able to just walk onto the property once it's working.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
If a person comes into my home uninvited he is pretty much screwed. I would have to be right there at the time he entered and cool the dog down, but I rarely have to worry as he makes some sounds that no man would want to face. My big boy has a very deep serious, chesty roar that would deter most criminals.

The problem is all that other stuff, like a cop visiting for whatever reason, or a kid browsing around the yard. I don't want my dog biting those people. If he scared a cop they would shoot him straight away and then laugh about it with his friends. It is hard to have a guard dog that knows how to behave in every situation. A lot of people don't know it.

S

SeaMaiden

If a person comes into my home uninvited he is pretty much screwed. I would have to be right there at the time he entered and cool the dog down, but I rarely have to worry as he makes some sounds that no man would want to face. My big boy has a very deep serious, chesty roar that would deter most criminals.

The problem is all that other stuff, like a cop visiting for whatever reason, or a kid browsing around the yard. I don't want my dog biting those people. If he scared a cop they would shoot him straight away and then laugh about it with his friends. It is hard to have a guard dog that knows how to behave in every situation. A lot of people don't know it.

What you describe is precisely why I'm going to focus on the best training of the best bloodlines possible (for me). I know I'm nothing near prepared or knowledgeable to train for the bite work, honestly I'm probably not physically strong enough to do it the way it needs to be done. But much of the rest of it I know I can do and do well.

Big and barky just doesn't cut it when the guy's got a biscuit. There's got to be good training involved, that's what I'm going to learn and practice.