What's new

Best econo car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NserUame

Cadillac, I never liked the 1.8t, they're fine if you don't tune them but once you start adding more hp you can get issues. Now, the 2.0t that they switched too...that is a FINE engine.

Yummybud

Veteran
by reliability I don't mean it has to be super reliable like a toyota corrola but just genearaly a reliable and fairly cheap car to maintain. Owning a 20 year old porsche that costs 1500 bucks to replace belts and seals most newer cars should be much more reliable and cheap.

waydee

You guys need more small, cheap, highly economical diesel cars over there... the market is obviously there, i'm not sure why theres so few companies jumping on it.

Yummybud

Veteran
2.0t is a nice car but it is no way an affordable economy car haha, like 30,000+ for a new one, definately not affordable anymore.

Yummybud

Veteran
waydee said:
You guys need more small, cheap, highly economical diesel cars over there... the market is obviously there, i'm not sure why theres so few companies jumping on it.

probably because most people in north america don't like diesels. They stink and sound like the bus.

but yeah diesels get excellent mpg / the engines generally last longer than gasoline engines.

beancounter

Veteran
LOL yummy, if you think all the 4 cyl or small cars in europe are diesel u are greatly mistaken..

I can think of at least 10 new 4cyls (gas) in Europe/Japan that I would LOVE to see in North America... and probly 50 dif cars from 1985 to date that i would love to have.. none are diesel.

yummy, how much do you want to spend? i've never found standards that much of a hassle even in rush hr traffic, hills or in the wet, but I learned to drive on std trannies, and being a mechanic by trade, I stay away from autos because of what i've personaly seen..

stealthballer

I have a hybrid and a 1996 saturn sl1 my saturn gets 35 miles to the gallon.saturn is a standard
the hybrid gets me 55-60, the hybrid cost me 25 grand the saturn cost 1900. I am thinking I like the saturn more. But I only drive high way pretty much, maybe 10 miles a month city driving.

Yummybud

Veteran
i'm not crazy worried about the fuel milliage as long as it's not som big v8, generally all newer 4cyl cars get pretty good mpg.

even my porsche 944 gets pretty good mpg, 2.5 l 4cyl, I think it gets around 25-30 mpg.

stealthballer

well my saturn has 160,000 miles and is going strong its easy to fix and cheap for parts, Its about as good an economy car as it gets

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I would have to agree with Okrascope and Beancounter that the Honda Civic is economical and reliable. It is such a good little car that it is hard to find used.

BTW, the Yugo that Nokuy showed you in the picture runs on methane and you have to eat at taco bell at least 4 times per week and wear a hose going from your ass to the methane digester while you are driving. If you need more speed, you simply fart harder.

thc43

Veteran
fuel ecconomy hmm my rotor hasnt a chance at 200k per 70litre of 98 octane..
Thats driving off boost round town lucky to get 150km per tank when i my right foot starts feeling heavy on higher than normal boost.

Best on fuel ive driven an old 1987 carolla (not ae86) with carb or webbers was my bunky $5 of any fuel would last all week and was nearly impossiable to kill.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Just get a corola or civic, cheep reliable and abundant deals on them.

NOKUY

Veteran
Pops said:
BTW, the Yugo that Nokuy showed you in the picture runs on methane and you have to eat at taco bell at least 4 times per week and wear a hose going from your ass to the methane digester while you are driving. If you need more speed, you simply fart harder.

LOL...well that wont work then. Remember he's saving his farts for his growroom co2 plan. That or maybe more taco bell.

Yummybud

Veteran
is a 2003-2005 dodge neon really going to fall apart in 3 years?

I know the older neons blew headgaskets all the time and that's why people hated them so much, not sure about the newer ones, not enough reviews on them.

Yummybud

Veteran
haha methan yugo, sounds sweet. I do fart a lot when I drink a lot of caffeine when going to school I'd probably be going 200+km//h past everyone, vroom vroom watch out for the fart yogo.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
It may not actualy fall apart but the value might :pointlaug, honda and toyota make great econo cars, they are the best at it IMO and are very easy to find you you can find a good deal on one from some idiot who cares little about cars.

NserUame

Neons don't hold their value at all. Unless you're going to drive it into the ground don't get one. However, I will say the Neon SRT4 is ridiculously over powered...piece of shit, but fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.