What's new

best cloning solution on the market?

T

TREE KING

solutions like both clonex or olivias need to be used at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. otherwise your lookin at excessive TDS

see thats why im talkin about ppm. next time im doing klm at 1 tsp a gallon just like the maker of the ez clone recommends

BTW, we do NOT clean with bleach. Back when we were first getting married and working together, my hubby used to use bleach and would get the slime and clone death. He thought it was algae from light getting in the neoprene collars. Then he thought he needed something like Guardian Angel. Then he thought the ez cloner just sucked. Eventually, it was put away and left on the shelf, and we got some Botanicare cloners and had similar problems after a while. We passed on our grow to a buddy for a while, and he broke out the ez cloner and then it worked. And then it didn't. We realized later on that it was remnants of the bleach.

This method will work 100% for cleaning your cloner.

Put the cloner in your bathtub or shower area, fill it with hot water and anti-bacterial soap. Take a reasonably clean scrubby pad (I like the scotch guard yellow sponges with the green scrubby side). Take the top of the cloner and flip it upside down and soak it in the cloner. Let it soak for about 30 min to an hour. Scrub until all crap is gone from both pieces.

Take the neoprene collars and lightly scrub/whisk off any detritus with a clean scrubby (no soap usually, but you can use like a TINY, TINY drop of it on the sponge). Make sure your dishwasher is clean with no food debris hanging out in the bottom and that all dishes, clean or dirty are removed. Without stretching them out too much, place the collars in your dishwasher, on the prongs if you can do it without stretching them too much, spread out as much as you can, if you can't. Run the dishwasher. If the neoprene collars come out looking brand new, you're done. If not, you can run them again, with or without detergent.

:)

I think your right about the bleach part.
I started cleaning my homemade aero cloner and pumps with bleach and all of sudden I have stems that get soft and squishy. Then they seem to become prone to fungus and just get ugly from there.

toohighmf

Veteran
see thats why im talkin about ppm. next time im doing klm at 1 tsp a gallon just like the maker of the ez clone recommends

KLN is weak sauce as far as actual food goes. Olivias and CLonex SOLUTION is super hot compared to their gels. in aero its not really needed, but some superthrive (NAA and b1) hormex, or vitagrow, dipn grow or just use a pinch of koolbloom or any 0-50-30 high PK booster will shoot roots.

T

TREE KING

KLN is weak sauce as far as actual food goes. Olivias and CLonex SOLUTION is super hot compared to their gels. in aero its not really needed, but some superthrive (NAA and b1) hormex, or vitagrow, dipn grow or just use a pinch of koolbloom or any 0-50-30 high PK booster will shoot roots.

toohigh so let me get this straight cause what you said is kind of confusing. what do you mean when you say Olivias and CLonex SOLUTION is super hot compared to their gels?

are you saying that superthrive (NAA and b1) hormex, vitagrow, and dipn grow is better than kln? if so why? i thought klm was my best option because it included everything in one

i want the 2 rooting hormones, b1, and enough nutrients to know the clones wont turn yellow if i leave them in the cloner longer than normal while they develop a good root system, what do you recommend i use?

toohighmf

Veteran
TK: all I'm saying is that if you want to use a cloning solution in a cloner, go easy. gels and the others mentioned won't over fry anything. you are making this overly complicated for a cloner. K.I.S.S dude!

T

TREE KING

TK: all I'm saying is that if you want to use a cloning solution in a cloner, go easy. gels and the others mentioned won't over fry anything. you are making this overly complicated for a cloner. K.I.S.S dude!

my fault i thought you were trying to say something else. thanks toohigh

BTW, hubby says if you've got the slime, you have to clean your cloner with VINEGAR to get out the bleach. It sure worked for us. And oh yeah, we figured out that the slime was from bleach by READING ICMAG. :)

My particular cleaning regimen is mine, though. I believe in KISS.

G

Groseph

You sure about that? All of the olivia solution I see around here says you nearly dump the entire damn thing in. Dosage rate is like 6oz per Gal!

- -

Clonex Solution on the other hand is around 40mL / Gal.

- -

I dont like adding shit to my ez cloner. I've been having good success letting my freshly cut clone sit in Dip'N Grow for a minute and then throwing in the machine w/ RO only.

R

rick shaw

Thanks for this thread and cloner info. I just finished a DIY 10 gallon aeroponic cloner,'the leak master 2000'.
She's running at 75 degrees,fingers crossed.

BluntKilla

My favorite has always been Dip N Grow. Just dip for 5 seconds and it has fully absorbed into your cutting. In addition I use a tsp Aquashield & a tsp AlgAMic per gallon in my cloning solution. With or without the Dip N Grow the Aquashield/AlgAMic mix is a wonderful solution for cloning or as a foliar feed.

R

rick shaw

Woo-hoo roots after 9 days. Went with tap water,super thrive and a bit of dry kool bloom.

Now I've got five domes,three heat mats,a DIY heat box,two DIY micro bubblers and a shoe box of assorted gels,powders and cloning liquids to put on the free section of CL. lol

Props to toohighmf and O'MountianMix for the nutrient and proper cleaning info.

T

TREE KING

i dont know what im doing wrong, it might be the water temp but i just used k-l-m, barricade, and sensi part a & b to 200 ppm because k-l-m has 0 ppm. i didnt see the first roots until 13 days and as of now its been 19 days and i still have some clones that didnt root yet. this is ridiculous. my temp has been 70 with a water chiller from day 1 and im doing 18-6 light cycle. im pretty sure im gonna spend the money and use power clone next time cause this is insane. i cleaned the system real thorough also and the water looks good today almost 3 weeks later

AWAKE

Dome, ready gro plugs, worm tea.

I get 90+% success. No cloning solution, just scrape the stems a lil'.

Best of luck.

Peace

mrcreosote

Veteran
Hey toohigh,
glad to hear Hormex works. I had to send out for some doo-dads and looking over cloning gels I saw they had Hormex 16oz on sale $10.00. IBA, NAA, B-1 ...looks like it has it all. I got one plant that is a pain in the ass to clone. My others get a cut, scrape and split and into my wick cloner with Napa 8220 clay and tap water, no problem. This plant hates everything I've tried and dies.
Hormex won out because it's dirt cheap, will last almost forever @tsp-gal. and you can use it for everyday watering and to help transplant shock. Plus, nothing sells for 50 years if it doesn't work, so I went for it.

We'll see how it works on this whore plant. I might even get unlazy enough to build a shoe box mini ez cloner.
I'd hate to run the mom in flower and find out I got that rare keeper out of a freebie seed and didn't have a clone on standby just because I suck at cloning the hard ones.

T

TREE KING

the directions for hormex are kind of confusing. im curious to know how many ml per gallon toohigh uses in the aero cloner?

Latest posts

Latest posts