What's new

best cloning solution on the market?

T

TREE KING

i appreciate all the help guys. im gonna go with either Dyna-Gro K-l-n or hormex rooting concentrate because they have everything i want in one bottle.well that is except klm has a mild nutrient solution that i think hormex doesnt have. thanks

BattleAxe

using the ez-cloner...just add water in all reality...

You can dip them in a cloning gel to prevent an embolism, but it will just wash right off as soon as you turn on the misters. Maybe the latent wash off helps, but I seriously doubt it. For that matter, dip in a glass of water to prevent the embolism, and place into the cloner...

Pretty ez.

dank.Frank

a page right out of Jorge Cervantes grow bible. EZ Cloners are awesome. So awesome that I made my own. I usually get roots in 3-5 days using the above, prescribed method. I use clonex and it does get washed off but I'd like to think that the hormones stay in the res solution and do somewhat aid in rooting. pH = 5.0 - 5.5

I have never tried it but I am sure that you could get by on just water. At that stage of life, plants don't require nutes, just light and water in order to build roots.

tokinblackguy

just plain H2O, ph'd to 5.8 has always done it for me in my homemade EZ--50 gal rubbermaid, pump from the EZ60, misters and neoprene collars from EZ as well. As Poopy said, temps are very important. At least for me, I think my tub is undersized for the pump, thus heat. I remedied that by adding frozen 2 liters, during the hot season. In winter, it was not a problem for me and witnessed roots as early as 4 days. I don't know how much difference a day makes give or take, so I've eliminated the cloning solutions and gels. I tried a few, powders, gels, liquids, B1 and really saw no difference as far as rooting times go. Did they help, hard to say, I've had equal success in plain ph'd water. Honestly, I think the EZ cloner changed the cloning game, can't see it getting much quicker or easier. Well straight coco was is super simple and fast as well, but you have an EZ, so I will stick with giving my experience with just that medium.

How much quicker would you like them to be and is it realistic? 10 days MAX with the EZ, 5-7 AVG, 4 POSSIBLE. If you're looking for a 3-day cloner, I don't know of anything that will help, but if you find something, please let us know.

Happy growing bro:tiphat:

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
I just dip 'em in 'Clonex', after a light scuffing, put 'em in 'Root Riots' and keep them under a dome...
I have ~ 98% + success rate, and usually see roots in ~ 7-9 days...and I'm both a novice and a goober. :whee:
By the way: thank you to whoever mentioned 'Roots Excell.'!! :thank you:
I have a bottle in a box somewhere, down in the basement...Now that I am re-reminded of it, I'll have to find it and consider giving it a try.
...I do have some clones to take after all! :wahey:
Also, the other day someone mentioned in the "Negative Rep" thread, that there was a thread somewhere, that went over a cloning method that showed roots in just 2 days...?? Astoundingly fast!! I have searched and searched for said thread, but have been unsuccessful. (I am not the best "searcher", particularly when it's a topic like cloning, that comes up a lot.) If anyone knows where it is, off of the top of their head, I'd be interested in reading it.
**Thank you** to anyone who can help satisfy my curiosity! :eek::

Best wishes for frequent, frosty and bountiful harvests!! :smokeit:
:witch:

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I just dip 'em in 'Clonex', after a light scuffing, put 'em in 'Root Riots' and keep them under a dome...
I have ~ 98% + success rate, and usually see roots in ~ 7-9 days...and I'm both a novice and a goober. :whee:
By the way: thank you to whoever mentioned 'Roots Excell.'!! :thank you:
I have a bottle in a box somewhere, down in the basement...Now that I am re-reminded of it, I'll have to find it and consider giving it a try.
...I do have some clones to take after all! :wahey:
Also, the other day someone mentioned in the "Negative Rep" thread, that there was a thread somewhere, that went over a cloning method that showed roots in just 2 days...?? Astoundingly fast!! I have searched and searched for said thread, but have been unsuccessful. (I am not the best "searcher", particularly when it's a topic like cloning, that comes up a lot.) If anyone knows where it is, off of the top of their head, I'd be interested in reading it.
**Thank you** to anyone who can help satisfy my curiosity! :eek::

Best wishes for frequent, frosty and bountiful harvests!! :smokeit:

Hey Natty :cathug: "I must spread some before layin it on ya, so give yourself a hug from me.
That was I who mentioned the thread about 48 hour root development. I saw the thread and even began reading it but had a Dr appointment and had to leave, when I got a chance to go over it in detail I couldn't find it. It wasn't a big thread, had maybe 250 posts in it but apparently the member who posted it has been deleted along with all of her topics/posts.

BUT! I did have a chance to read the main post and a few more in the thread and I use the method myself on several strains that a finicky or stubborn cloners. I am in the process of setting everything up and doing a pictorial explanation of the method.

I guess the easiest way to explain it is "Air Layering"... But it's not exactly the same thing. It's more like preparing the stem to root a few days before they are cut, then when they are cut and set, they develop roots almost over night.

I have a Northern Lights X Super Skunk (LGS) that wilts and dies before developing roots using any other method. But will always have roots inside of 48 hours using this method.

Keep an eye out cause I got a couple ready last-night and will be re-posting the topic when it's ready and I have the pics.:wave:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I use fertilome root stimulator, you can find it at most garden centers. It has a rooting hormone and a fertilizer for rooting conditions. It works good for me, I mix it up at 1ml per liter, about 350 ppm (0.5) until they show roots then I up it to 500 ppm or 1.5ml/l.

I wouldn't say there is a best, just whatever you like to use.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Originally posted by Stress_Test
Hey Natty "I must spread some before layin it on ya, so give yourself a hug from me.
That was I who mentioned the thread about 48 hour root development. I saw the thread and even began reading it but had a Dr appointment and had to leave, when I got a chance to go over it in detail I couldn't find it. It wasn't a big thread, had maybe 250 posts in it but apparently the member who posted it has been deleted along with all of her topics/posts.

BUT! I did have a chance to read the main post and a few more in the thread and I use the method myself on several strains that a finicky or stubborn cloners. I am in the process of setting everything up and doing a pictorial explanation of the method.

I guess the easiest way to explain it is "Air Layering"... But it's not exactly the same thing. It's more like preparing the stem to root a few days before they are cut, then when they are cut and set, they develop roots almost over night.

I have a Northern Lights X Super Skunk (LGS) that wilts and dies before developing roots using any other method. But will always have roots inside of 48 hours using this method.

Keep an eye out cause I got a couple ready last-night and will be re-posting the topic when it's ready and I have the pics.

How strange it is that I went directly to your thread after posting that!! *do-do-do-do...do-do-do-do* :ying:
Thank you for the reply, and affection!! :huggg:

Bummer that the thread is gone; but how fortuitous that you are creating a pictorial of your own, on the technique; I look forward to reading it!! :)

Air layering has always intrigued me; being a med patient in CO, you really have to watch plant numbers...
So it could prove extremely advantageous to have the option to keep the clone right on the mother until you are ready to use it! Brilliant!!

:thank you: Stress Test!
...Anxiously awaiting your thread and pix!! :smoke:

Grizz

Veteran
KLN, liquid, soak clones 15 min, good to go in any cloner, beats anything i have used and i have tried them all

toohighmf

Veteran
KLN is good too. I like the whole dyna grow line a lot. I like woods and hormex just as much..
KLN is cheap too.

T

TREE KING

i just bought some kln and my last question for you guys is what ppm are you all running this at in the aerocloner? ml per gallon? i wanna make sure i can leave the clones in there for a little while so they can develop a bigger root system before transplant

power clone. we have the same cloner. really, we have three of them, 2 60-sites, and a 120-site. We've tried clonex and we find that with power clone, we have roots in 7-10 days, they are big, white, nice clump of them. Everything else takes a while long. Now the down side is this allows us to procrastinate until we're pretty much done flowering, b/c we take them straight from the cloners into the turbo gardens. in the past, we've done bigger, somewhat bushy clones, but then they stretch too much so we end up using more phosophoload to keep them at a good size so they don't crowd each other out. we're going to experiment this time with doing much smaller clones that way by the time they root and then are in their first 1-2 weeks in the turbo gardens, they can stretch there and we can use less phosophoload. it definitely increases yield a lot and makes the nugs chunkier, but less is better for taste. Always fiddling with things just a little, but that's part of the fun!

BTW, we do NOT clean with bleach. Back when we were first getting married and working together, my hubby used to use bleach and would get the slime and clone death. He thought it was algae from light getting in the neoprene collars. Then he thought he needed something like Guardian Angel. Then he thought the ez cloner just sucked. Eventually, it was put away and left on the shelf, and we got some Botanicare cloners and had similar problems after a while. We passed on our grow to a buddy for a while, and he broke out the ez cloner and then it worked. And then it didn't. We realized later on that it was remnants of the bleach.

This method will work 100% for cleaning your cloner.

Put the cloner in your bathtub or shower area, fill it with hot water and anti-bacterial soap. Take a reasonably clean scrubby pad (I like the scotch guard yellow sponges with the green scrubby side). Take the top of the cloner and flip it upside down and soak it in the cloner. Let it soak for about 30 min to an hour. Scrub until all crap is gone from both pieces.

Take the neoprene collars and lightly scrub/whisk off any detritus with a clean scrubby (no soap usually, but you can use like a TINY, TINY drop of it on the sponge). Make sure your dishwasher is clean with no food debris hanging out in the bottom and that all dishes, clean or dirty are removed. Without stretching them out too much, place the collars in your dishwasher, on the prongs if you can do it without stretching them too much, spread out as much as you can, if you can't. Run the dishwasher. If the neoprene collars come out looking brand new, you're done. If not, you can run them again, with or without detergent.

:)

Im currently in love with VitaGrow full strentgh rooting solution used as a dip, for a few minutes prior to inseting in my replica ezcloner. I get absrub, strong roots fast with this stuff. No transplant shock, as i have had with clonex, which seemed to make whispy, long, thin, fragile roots.

I will try KLN when i find it, i love cheap.

T

TREE KING

how many ppm's are you guys running these at? i was thinking 200 with the klm what do you guys think?

zeke99

saliva works well. hold the stem end in your mouth for a few seconds and make sure it's coated before planting.

toohighmf

Veteran
dont worry about ppm in an aerocloner. you can dump a cap in or the whole bottle. id go with a few caps and call it a day.

T

TREE KING

dont worry about ppm in an aerocloner. you can dump a cap in or the whole bottle. id go with a few caps and call it a day.

the reason why im worried is i just used olivias and i followed the directions on the bottle then after a few days i saw the clones were getting burned. i didnt think of checking the ppm's at first but when i finally did they were at 600! what company tells you to put 600 ppm's while cloning, thats insane.

toohighmf

Veteran
solutions like both clonex or olivias need to be used at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. otherwise your lookin at excessive TDS