What's new

Best Calyx to Leaf Ratio???

Hey guys I thought i'd make a thread about this important trait to consider when growing cannabis... CALYX TO LEAF!! lol.. everyone feel free to chyme in on what you feel the best strain is. So far from what i've experienced:

Worst: Sensi Star - potent smoke but some of the leafiest bud i've ever had to manicure

Best: Dj Short original blueberry

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Dj's F13. I dont know why, but every "best" thread, I end up typing F13.

I guess she is my holy grail plant.

Not much leaf on her at all during late bloom. Hell, I could trim her with my fingernails.

whodair

Veteran
i like girls w big calyx!

i like girls w big calyx!

g13xhaze, no trimming required, very indica

No! northern lights from sensi. that gets your scissors all sticky, eyes burning, trimming for hours...

whodair

Veteran
seedsman g13

seedsman g13

they are labeled dopeseeds g13xhaze on their website. and hard enough to break a window. i grew them out w rez gonzo 2. g13haze beat it in every respect. esp price!

interesting... double dutch and dopeseeds g13haze.. hey whodair how was the potency/flavor?

Last edited:
G

serious seed ak47 and kalimist. easy to trim.you could almost just pull the fan leafs off and that would be that

whodair

Veteran
g13 flavor hashy, good expansion. tight nugs would swell out of the bowl when lit. the indica sativa high depends on you and the mood you're in. like being happy? get ready for some good laughs. or tired? lights out...

thc43

Veteran
19673rhino_bud.jpg

white rhino with only the fan leaves removed. easy as compared to more sativa mixes.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would also say doubte dutch although i havent grown it yet but seen some amazing pix and im going to grow her in my next grow
also Pot Of Gold has a very nice ratio

P

PeacefulGrower

so far i never had a plant easier to trim than hashberry from mandala seeds...

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
i would also say doubte dutch although i havent grown it yet but seen some amazing pix and im going to grow her in my next grow
also Pot Of Gold has a very nice ratio

The Double Dutch will not disappoint, unless your looking for a sativa. Easy to grow, yields huge, good bag appeal and good flavor if allowed to cure a short while. Make sure she's dry, buds this dense take a little longer to dry, and if taken too early and stored moist in jars or whatever you use, it negatively affects flavor.

AP KUSH

MK ULTRA from THSEEDS (the OGK pheno) was extremely easy... almost too easy. I didnt really get to enjoy the usual ritual of manicuring my harvest.

Power Plant from DP is another easy one.

dyren

First thing that came to mind is Sour Diesel (clone or IBL). Massive calyx's and a great ratio!

g13 flavor hashy, good expansion. tight nugs would swell out of the bowl when lit. the indica sativa high depends on you and the mood you're in. like being happy? get ready for some good laughs. or tired? lights out...

Sorry for all these questions whodair lol but do you remember the flower time? :joint:

whodair

Veteran
thasickone

thasickone

g13haze flower time, less than 55. i let mine go longer than necc. rez gonzo 2 contains hindukush, and the g13 was 1 week quicker side by side. i am germing some now, 1st time i kept females, now im looking for a stud. im gonna make g13haze crosses to my moms. 100% cracked within 24hrs. last time i got 8/10 germ, effortlessly, no fancy techniques. dopeseeds, cheap, try em.