What's new

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I think the company went belly up and every review I could find on it says it sucks. Buy something else if you can:biggrin:

Greeco

botanicare is what i use...its suposted to be one of the best kind because there isnt any extra salts.

I used the coco gro from botanicare and it almost killed all of my plants. I wonder if there having a quality control issue.

I started using coco loco from Bush doctor I think it is. It has been the best out of the following I've used. Botanicare,gold label, canna "more price related then quality,"and royal gold. Before using coco loco I was using sunshine #4 peat but was always very unhappy with the root development. Seemed like no matter what I did, dissolved oxygen increase, root excell, and great white. Nothing helped the roots in the peat. Loving the coco loco coco thus far. I can post some pics of my test plants for reference later on.

RicoT

I use Botanicare CocoGro and have no complaints… Soaked and flushed real good in a tote...

whatthe215

Veteran
I've been loving gold label. Lower initial EC than Canna and no gnats. Also doesn't clump together as much as Canna does if compressed... makes transplanting easier.

Looking to make the coco switch after years of rockwool growing. After reading through this thread i'm more confused now than ever. Maybe i'll just stick to RW? lol
Seriously though... seen some amazing roots with coco/teas on IG. Feel like i need to jump on the wagon. I'm on the westcoast and after reading snow's post about canna i'm kinda stuck now.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Still happy with Canna, after many years, a recent purchase of U Grow coco (Orange print on white bags, slabs) resulted in very sick plants, presue a salt OD, the coir is still in sharp chunks, avoid IMO.

Still happy with Canna, after many years, a recent purchase of U Grow coco (Orange print on white bags, slabs) resulted in very sick plants, presue a salt OD, the coir is still in sharp chunks, avoid IMO.
I'm on the westcoast in the states, and they're have been several people talking about pest coming with canna.

nukklehead

Psyco Coco.. nice stuff.. why else?? Cus I am Psycho:biggrin:
straight out of bag, no charge, no rinse.. clones right in MB KISS Hempys method. E-z Squeezy..

indalo

Using PELEMIX, best coco in Europe, made in India I think. 70 L for 9.50 euros. I believe in double rinsing ALL coco with warm/hot water. Don't trust them ready packs, full of larvaes, eggs, salts and other shit. PELEMIX is developed for agrocultural use, so is top notch,, different texture than the rest,, more airy. The price is if you buy in Spain

Indica_Angel

I know I'm new around here, just throwing my 2 cents in, I have used Botanicare ready grow for years now and I love it. no issues, no complaints. just love it.
I do mix a bit of perlite #3.

nukklehead

Hey Nuk you liking the hempys. You feeding them the full 7g/gal MB or going by ec?

yeah liking the hempys.. using the full 7g MB... 3 pineapple punches and 3 grapefruits loving it... 2 Ace Panamas are killing me.. they are out of control and wrestle ( tie down) every day... the panamas cant get enough and have to go to 2 feedings a day . 2nd feeding for the panamas is some old bottled flora nova grow from the shelf to keep them from turning yellow too early.. the gfs and pineapples come down in 1 more week ( 8 weeks).. These monster panamas though look like they can go forever... dont expect them to chop till mid to late december... like I said .. they are killing me.. was an experiment to start with.. knowing what I know now I would have grown them separately and done a lot more lst and scrog.. live and learn.. like I said was an experiment but frankenstein arose.. Want to grow more ace in the future.. now I know what to expect.. tee hee... trying to keep it KISS... no e.c for me... just reading the plants and hope to give them what they ask for...:)

dissolute

i just got 6 "plant it" brand compressed blocks for like 11$ each at a local garden co-op. same as botanicare, same as any brick of medium-fine coco peat i've ever had.

brand has much less to do than people think for the compressed bricks... ever wonder why they all are the same size and weight with just different packaging?

it's true that for noobies though i always recommend loose bags to make it simpler for them. but i've been "growing" coco bricks for years.

Latest posts

Latest posts