What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Just chopped my blueberry Projekt ladies from E$kob@r(breeders choice). Hoping for a tasty smoke and im not too worried about potency, just quality of the buzz ,Ie does it have character. In any case i still have two more girls to check out in my second batch of seeds. A winner will be found. Good luck to all those on the hunt. I do wish i was in Cali, i would be all over that bb mother DJ dropped off some years back

S

Scrappy-doo

I apologize for my last post. Guess I had it wrong.

Regarding Rumors of Parent Stock

FYI & FWIW the parent breed stock for ‘Blueberry’ and ‘flo’ seed has remained the same since 1998. The exact same mother and exact same father have been used for the ‘Blueberry’ seed since 1998. The ‘flo’ will be 22 years old in 2012! Exact same mother used for 22 years (from new and outdoor-rejuvenated clones) on the ‘flo’. The ‘flo’ seeds have the same father as the ‘Blueberry’ (again, since 1998). The ‘Stretch-Indica Blueberry’ male has been alive since 1998—13-plus years! Nothing has changed in my production regimen for 13-plus years.

I always thought he was speaking of the B130 here. Ah well, live and learn.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i kinda find that hard to beleive as the past 4 or 5 grows ive seen with his recent stock( all different growers too) it all hermied out. every single plant.
i know its in its genes to be a little unstable but i dont beleive that its what it once was.

I apologize for my last post. Guess I had it wrong.

I always thought he was speaking of the B130 here. Ah well, live and learn.

Blaz3

Dank..where can I get digital blueberry seeds..s1's..anything..a tropical blueberry thai,that flowers in only 60 days sounds AMAZING..are there any breeders working with it?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
i got some BB Dragon. Its blueberry, blueberry dragon, crossed with chronic 1, and chronic 4, and blue dream. with a stinky sticky Blueberry, male to back cross.

big twinn

Veteran
I've got 2 or 3 of O's blueberry going (dj short's pre2k blue berry sativa). They are at day 20 so I will snap pictures when it gets more exciting. As always they smell absolutely amazing...and intense overwhelming dead on balls blueberry. Can anyone with experience with this cut direct me to what the best harvest window is for her to maintain that blueberry flavor and taste. I harvested mine last round some where between 65-72 grown organic in soil with a nice cure, but the taste was all sativa hazy spice, while the jars maintained an astringent most def. fresh oozing blueberry smell. If I can get her to taste like she smells, then I'll be very impressed!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dank..where can I get digital blueberry seeds..s1's..anything..a tropical blueberry thai,that flowers in only 60 days sounds AMAZING..are there any breeders working with it?

Digital Berry is privately held - it was a true honor to dable in the line for a while. My selected male is no more - but his pollen was put to many plants. Others have pollen left, so more hybrids should surface.

Carolina Blue x Digital Berry Bx1 will be at Seedbay again soon enough... And there is a thread that heavily documents that project...and some growers results. A lot of great "blueberry" will be found in the line.

dank.Frank

Storm Shadow

Veteran

Sorry Had issues signing into my account after I posted this...here we are at 7 weeks and the younger one is a few weeks behind.. i pushed these ladies hard to make sure they dont hermie..theres also a pic of her next to the Iranian Hashplant ...

Attachments

• DSC07914.jpg
    DSC07914.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC07915.jpg
    DSC07915.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07917.jpg
    DSC07917.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC07918.jpg
    DSC07918.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC07923.jpg
    DSC07923.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC07924.jpg
    DSC07924.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC07929.jpg
    DSC07929.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC07928.jpg
    DSC07928.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 7

e4ian

Never had "pure" Blueberry.Had a cross years ago off mi mate that was great really pongy
it was crossed with Sensi s "old" NL5 so no surprise.Of today S.U Blue Meanie beats any other blues thats out there IMO..

Stinky,Spicy,[slightly] Mentholy,BlueBerry,Energetic,Narcotic.

A

Alone

gave my freebie 5 pack of BS2.2 away year ago that i got from seedbay or boutique cant remember. My buddy got 3 females and they all were heavy producers of weak potency ok tasting flowers. He gave me back the 2 males and i used one to cross to SSSDH and the outcome was super silver structure with grapefuit taste and smell but they were weak potency to and the SSSDH was very potent before being crossed to BS2.2. Thats my very small experience with BS2.2

I was thinking of crossing my SSSDH w/ my ECSD x (Centennial Blueberry x SweetTooth). But Im not gonna now that you said this.

I have 2 SSSDH's in week 8 right now. Your saying that they are very potent? I want them to be. I need them to be the most potent, mind-bending, smelly-tastiest buds around.
What Im getting at is..... is the SSSDH the best its gonna be left as is?
Is there a strain out there that could make the SSSDH more potent if crossed with it. Maybe a SSSDH x Sour Cream?

Oooooor.... a SSSDH x Pure Sativa Landrace Jamaican Lambs Bread w/ 20 week flower time and NO cieling? (For this one I would need a male JLB to pollinate a female SSSDH to reduce flower time to 13 weeks to get the seeds. Instead of waiting the full 20 to get beans if I took a Male SSSDH and pollinated a female JLB F4. BUT!....... before I do this...... I would like to cross the Pure sativa landrace JLB with a pure landrace Haze variety then cross it with the SSSDH. Thats my dream. Just need a Pure landrace Haze with 20 weeks flower time. LOL

TeenHippy

Ill state right now I haven't grown BB personally but its been a staple where I live for as long as I've been smoking (which is a decade) but the best batch I've ever had came out of Boulder CO in 07 I spent some time out there picked up a QP brought it back with me and all the Old Timers were bitchin that I didn't get a cut of it but around here I know of three different BB cuts all fantastic highs but just couldn't touch that CO batch as for hybrids proally smoked a 1/2lb of BS 2.2 in past year very mild high used it mostly as joint/hookah filler or butter and my Wookie line I know has some BB in it cause of flavor and purple/blue veins in the stems so amazing BB is here in the midwest because of how well it does OD around here but there is a monster BB cut in CO somewhere and to be honest if people claim to have the latest hype strains around here most Old Timers 50-60+ pass it up but well done BB can't be kept on stock I know of 3 crews that got BB Outside this year and after cut and cure that will be the first stuff bought up just me 2cents

nvthis

Anyone familar with the back story to "Old Blue", aka "Oregon Blue"? I have heard of it from time to time, but that's about it. Always wondered why it never comes up topically in these epic bb threads.. Also always heard it was thee original BB, whatever that means..

I have a CO BB from Dlove. He calls it 'Boulder BB'.. Wonder if it's one in the same?

I am also interested in the multiple pre2k phenomenon. I have the pre2k DJ Short BB "Heirloom" cut. Big Twin has the pre2k Outkast and I have seen a pre'99 BB and even a pre'98 sativa BB a few pages back. Then there is the DJ Short's mother cut. Could it be these are all the same?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No...not all the same cut. Just gotta get talking to find out there are many keepers out there. That what is discovered in threads like this.

Velvet Rush was the first blue line...

dank.Frank

TeenHippy

The Boulder Co BB that I scored was the most foxtailed buds I've seen along with being extremely frosty but were not that dense neon orange hairs as well hopefully nvthis you got that cut and if it is you'll never want to let her go

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The Real Deal Baby

Attachments

• DSC08057.jpg
    DSC08057.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC08060.jpg
    DSC08060.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC08062.jpg
    DSC08062.jpg