What's new

Bengies 150w cab

bengie187

Zealous- Thanks for all tips and idears they all seem like good ones....currently changing my cab a bit have some pictures but im not complete done so im not gonna postem yet......being my first grow i am going to change a few things one being addition of a trellis to scrog it one plant at a time till i get the results im looking for....have to go out and find like 2"x4" piece of sheet metal and then i can assemble my cooltube and vent system changes....next time around when i do the cloning thing i should have some cash to make a cloner and wil be useing some RRooter and Rwool until my Rwool is used up....maybe ill go see if circut city or the source or whatever radioshack is called to see if they have a pocket microscope......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I saw a commercial about RS opening at 5:30am tomorrow morning. That's totally insane.:D You can go back home and sleep for an hour before you go to work, lol.

HighTech

Hey Bengie, great little cabinet you got there, congrats on your homegrown. You could easily fit your filter and fan in there, in fact its almost easier because of the small space.

If you ever come across rubber sheeting of some sort someone is throwing out GRAB IT, this stuff is brilliant to line walls for sound proofing, otherwise you can line the fan area with foam to stop rattles and noise.

bengie187

So i went to the souce previously Radio Shack....and they dont carry Pocket microscopes....bull shit.....they suggested a hobbie shoppe here in town might have one otherwise im looknig on ebay or some shit.....broke my first glass surround for the cool tube trying to engineer a way to attach a 4 5/8 glass tube to 4" ducting with the socket installed didnt work so well back to the drawing boards......:joint:

bengie187

Cabs been Modified

Cabs been Modified

So finnally after multiple trips to the local hardware store and a few jimmy rigged components my modification is complete :yoinks: with the fan moved and flipped 90 degrees and my carbon filter moved into the cab with the cooltube in place the temps and the plants getting burned should no longer be a problem...:woohoo:...the last thing i gotta do is construct trellis which i havnt decided what im gonna do yet.......well heres a couple of shots of this process

In the beginning :joint: i had find "good" locations for my conduit run/power boxes

The next issue was to position the fan so that i could place a rubbermaid on top to hide all the electrical and stuff......i decided to cut a new hole for the fan and just make the old one larger to fit the carbon filter.....and here they are in place

The next part to tackle was the :dueling:dismantling of the lamp and construction of the cool tube and venting sections.....that was a bitch of a time btw:wallbash: seeing as the glass and the vent sections were of 2 diff sizes made it even more difficult but i will prevail with much frustration and braeking my first glass tube....DUCT TAPE is my friend makes for a more permanent installation though hopefully when i goto change the lamp ill have figured out a better way....:laughing:

Finally completed pics and in operation again

Oh yeah my messy room during retrofitting the cab

bengie187

Hightech- thanks for your kind words unfourtunatly my fan and carbon filter are rather large actually way too big to put both componants inside the flower chamber which was my first idea but check out my "new" cab

Zealious

bravo sir. wonderfly done. i love the cool tube. where did u get the glass?

oh and i recomend aluminum tape hvac tape works great for fitting ducts and sealing things.

duct tape is pretty great tho

cant wait to watch ur next run ur going to get a nice stash

bengie187

Zealious- Thanks i guess i need to bow or somthing...:chin:....and i thought my workmenship was sloppy at best.....maybe its cause my pops is a carpenter by trade and i inherited some of the skills......as for the glass i got it at Micheals....i was looking for the Clay Extruder for a cheap hash press and decided i would goto the candle section seeing as its a crafts store in all they had loads of them just sitting there on the bottom shelf 13.99 and last night it was 25% off everything in the store.......My clone looks a little droopy but thats to be expected seeing as she was growing into the perlite root mass outside the Mini Rwool cube about 4x the size and got hacked off:spank:.....I know its stressful so i hope shell recover nicely

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nice job, bengie. You got a good deal on the glass. I think I had to pay $25 for a used bake-a-round. It's only 3.75" diameter and that's almost too small.

The mess doesn't look too bad. Looks like my place after I clean up.

bengie187

Disco- I was looking for one of those and couldnt seem to find any maybe i was just searching for hte wrong thing......the first one was more decorative rather than the replacment one i have now and it also cost about 30$ went down the drain cause my first setup just wasnt gonna work with the tube

Zealious

thats awsome bengie. The carpentry skills must have been inherited u did wonderfly. And great idea on candle holders... Everyones using bake a rounds for diy cool tubes... But u solved it nicely. I was looking for one too but they are indeed hard to find. they dont make them anymore.... but dude candle holders thats briliant.

Zealious

man a little buzzed.. just readding thorugh the thread and jezus i sound like l a major suck ass... well im not sucking ass here bengie u really got something going I like ur style.. Hey if it doesnt fit... add some cuts and a few solder joints and ur good to go..

welcome to the world of oh shit i just spent 1k dollars to grow my own...

Oh wait Im smoking shit tons of pot .. that i grew , for free.

Dont loose ur patience man and keep on..

Much love

- excentricly urs... zealious

btw I probly would suck ur ass...

nah not really unless ur a hot chick with a little extra weight. or as i call it .. healthy.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Disco- I was looking for one of those and couldnt seem to find any maybe i was just searching for hte wrong thing......the first one was more decorative rather than the replacment one i have now and it also cost about 30$ went down the drain cause my first setup just wasnt gonna work with the tube

Bake-A-Rounds aren't made anymore. You can get em on ebay but they're old stock, some used/some new. Looks like the one I got had a steel wool scrubber taken to it, scratched up a bit.

bengie187

Zealious- :abduct: dude i dont see what your seeing but meh thats cool......its nice to have a few visitors commmenting on your build thanks my prefectionist metalitly is always trying to find ways to make it "better"....

Disco- Yeah i dont wanna risk it buying online and being broken or dammaged so these surrounds work well......cept 4 1/8" too big for the regular 4" venting.....and its pretty delicate much thinner than a Pyrex Bakearound.....:pie::hide: haha these new faces are funny

bengie187

Day 2/65-70
Temps 76/76/72 flower/mom/room
Res 1900 uC/950 ppm/20.5 C/ 5.87 PH

So here we are again my friends its been about two weeks from the date i finished the cab modification. Not too much was going on in the flower chamber seeing as my new baby lost a but load of roots in the transplant and mutiple leaves due to the drastically reduced amount of nutes/fluids intake. But she has started to recover and grow upwards so i guess its post time.....Also She has started showing some nice long hairs meaning my mother is actually a mom haha seeing as its the first clone gone into flower....right now shes about 7 inches tall and i expect her to grow big and tall like the previous grow

So Going from the previous problems i have taken yet another precautionary measure a trellis installed and made from...the shelf that came with the cab and 2 inch green link fencing....it was kinda shitty getting the fencing to sit nicely but i got it somwhat to my liking.....here it is though

And a closeup of my baby little difficult to get a good shot under the trellis htough

Yeah my readings might be a little high seeing as this res has been in for 2 weeks i will be doing a full swap tomorrow or a little later today.

Until next week :watchplant:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I like the chain-link.:D Your girl looks like she's "inside the octagon." Let it go amber for some good ground and pound.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
:dueling:

And now it's...TIME...for the main event....

Maybe you could charge pay-per-view to all the new members, lol.j/k:xmasnut:

gdbud

great job on the cabinet!:tree:.
I should be working on mine right now but I'm reading your posts instead.:deadxmas: