What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bengies 150w cab

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Mother's looking good, bengie. :yes: Looks like you can take 2 or 3 clones without harming her. I recommend you hit up the link-o-rama and brush up on the propagation section. Also, hit up the OG GrowFaq linked in my sig.

Remember, for every clone you take, at least 2 new shoots will take its place. In other words, your mother will produce more shoots as you clone (since cloning is essentially topping).

I actually vegged for 15 days; I recommend you veg about 7-10 days or so. You can eliminate vegging once your mother can give enough clones for a SOG.

bengie187

Pontiac- Thats what i was pretty much wondering about.....If you cut the main stem or any growing top to take a clone isnt it essentially just topping the plant but in my :joint: ness i couldnt cohere the sentence :woohoo:.....Im thinking of taking one or 2 cuttings from her/it and just trying to get them too root then grow it out if its female for i guess trial runs im still dialing the fan cause i cant afford to purchase a thermostat to run it atm.......temps max out a 101.8 if i dont run the fan all day which is a big :noway:....with me going in the cab every morning and night to turn it off and on its 70 min and around 85 max is that too much of a temp flucation for bloom chamber.....as for the mother/clone chamber its very steady max 80 min 72

Biglaughter Im not gonna be moving her into any bigger of a pot cause of size restrictions in my cab.....im also gonna actually lst her to get here to fill out the pot area better but thats about it......When it becomes root bound it shouldnt be affected too much should it???

Smoke68

You have gone the right way Bengie and stuck with coco. I love the stuff and I love how many roots or how much of a grow can be done in miniscule containers.... It is the best of both worlds... Hydro results in a soil type grow.
Well there are pro's and con's to root binding...
PRO-
more growth in single container
Smaller space to deal with
Roots EXPLODE when you transplant them
CON
Container dries out faster
More fluctuation in times/amount of watering(an increase in duration)

I know there is much more, but that is just a generalised gist...
I am not saying now, butas the mother gets larger, you may WILL want to increase the size of the rootball therefore you must increase the root space. I think you should keep an eye out for a cheap square container and wait till she gets rootbound...

bengie187

Smoke68 - So eventually im gonna have to move here to a bigger pot??...i just wanted to keep her that size big enough to get about 8 cutting off her per time i clone....is this possible or am i just dreaming:abduct:

On a good note i had a foaf who grows or "used to grow" back in BC.....he says with out a doubt that the one plant i have as the mother is a female:yoinks::woohoo::nanana: Knew it all along......"knocks on wood" watch it turn male or hermie on me miraculously:wallbash:

Zealious

I love the cab man. NICE set up. you want a gallon for every foot of growth. And For your small set up I recommend keeping your mum 1-2 feet. for this a 1quart - 1gal pot should do. It will bush in time. once you get about 1foot super crop her. all you need to do is bend her at the top. first you want to roll the stem between your fingers maybe pinch and squeeze a little to make the stem pliable then gently fold the stem down. you could even tie it down or weight it down with fishing weights. there is a chemical that tells the plant where the top of the plant is so it knows where to focus growth. when you super crop you make a new part of the plant the top and it sends the chemical to this part of the plant signaling it to focus growth there now.. viola it will now bush.

bengie187

Zealous- Thanks for the info...shes really starting to bush up her main stem is shaped like an "S" on its side right :yoinks: now from just tieing her down...Update pending

D

DollarsAndSense

Hey whats up B?

Nice cab. I just got through building two for myself. Good luck on the grow. Are you planning on SOG or perpetual at all?
keep it safe bro.

-Dolla$ out :abduct:

bengie187

So for those watching its time again.....
Day 15-16 flower Temps been kinda up and down with almost a 15 degree F variantion from day and night hopeing this wont screw with it too much but
My little Sproutling has grown into somthing resembleing a MJ plant:woohoo:
Sorry for the darkness trying to get the white balance figured out. I also have a special treat:yoinks:

Do those look like the beginnings of female Pistolas????????:1help:

Its been a busy week learning how to clon with rockwool....I like to learn from the masters be become a fledgeling grower....Well it seems ive done it :yoinks:.....Well attemped to anyways....i took the 2 cuttings on saturday i believe and today they are looking like this

:woohoo::woohoo:
They look a little wilted and such so im hoping theyll take.....Im using Sugarbears Mini wick cloner system found on the DIY Linkorama...I used Schultz rooting powder its what i found first here in my home town.....I cut a 45 deg angle and also sliced the main stem in 3 seperate locations dipped in powder and straight into the rockwool....Nothing to do now but wait:drum:

My momsey is doing fine other than the "S" shape to her main

Well i guess thats all for today ill be back in another week to show a little more progress.....:nanana:

bengie187

Dollas- Umm seeing as this is my first attemp im going for any finished product i can get as well as to learn the growth cycle of the plants. When i do come around to 3-4th grows ill prolly goto a perpetual grow......but thats many moons away yet.....just trying to get the basics first off

D

DollarsAndSense

Dog I feel ya. I just got off the ground again... last grow (first real grow) got stolen. equipment and all... so ive relocated and regrown my balls. ah ha ha. After three months of tireless designing, trips to the store, building, and researching, I'm about where you're at. Definitely planning on a perpetual SOG in the future with 3-4 different moms so my smoke doesn't get old. Doesn't this shit just take over? It's all I've been thinking about haha.

I'm looking at your mom, she's growing nicely. Have you thought about maybe bending her all the way around the rim of your pot? Like a big mj hoop? did i say that so it can be understood?

stay safe

-Dolla$ out :abduct:

bengie187

Yeah thats how i got the first bend in her. I had bent her to the rim and then squeezed the stem....ill prolly do a little more lst to her in the weeks to come but shes already taking up almost half my veg area...no real descions have been made yet....i like floating by the seat of my pants....eh?

bengie187

Is it wierd for a plant to have a set of 2 fan leaves then a set of three then a set of two then three....they are groing every second node as set 3 fan leaves......Just wondering if thats a common thing or a wierd mutation

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bengie, do you have a timer on your fan, or are you turning it on and off manually? Also, I would cut each of the leaf blades on your cuttings in half, it will make them root faster. It looks like you shouldn't have any height issues :)

bengie187

Day 21 Flower 12/12
temps flo/mom/rm 83/86/75​

:yoinks:I have a plant and it grows bud clusters :canabis:

At least im hoping thats what they are:chin:

With this first run through im begining to think that this strain could use supplements but seeing as i dont really have any and/or cash to purchase any:mad: its gonna have to wait until the next time through.:mad: Any suggestions on what to use would help so i do not waste cash on junky mute/supps.

On the good note the "mom" is doing very well. i tied her down and the next day she had mutiple aux shoots for me to take clones from.

The wick cloner/my cloning technique failed miserably :mad::wallbash: So tomorow im gonna try again this time cut immediatly above the node. Also slice the sides in 3 seperate locations and then a dip in ro water. Into the rooting powder(schultz) for a nice covering. And then into the Cloning cubes(rockwool) for 2 weeks. keeping my fingers crossed

With all that being said i decided to show a cpl of pics of my paid for smoke $40/8th

Well hmmm i guess until next time :Bolt:

bengie187

Day 27/Unknown finish date
Temp in/out/rm 85/77/78

Hmmm.......where to begin....alot has been done this week......:woohoo:.....So first of all ill show a pic of the mom shes doing ver well showing some, well many differences from the one i have in the flower chamber.....Shes short and bushy could be due to my training or my height of the cfls to the plant aswell as showing a slight purpleing in the the main stem and aux shoots.......so her she is.....

So i guess your wondering how come she looks so different from last weeks pic? :chin: Well i took eight clones from her 3 days ago :nanana: and she seems to be doing very well after that entire ordeal...:yoinks:......I said somthing about attempting cloning round 2

They all seem to be doing alot better this time around compared to round 1.....I purchased a Jiffy prop chamber and Jiffy rooter pucks.....so of the eight clones taken half in rooters and there others in rockwool kept at a steadyish ~77 degrees:cool:

Well this takes us to the plant in flower.....well she seems to have gotten the more strechey pheno and still streching......Theres a little dammage to the top leaves from being too close to the lamp......so im hoping the more purple side is shorter and bushyier but im gonna do a ~2 week veg into a scrog screen to increase yeild and keep them short :drum:.....well i guess a couple of pic will help you see.......:mad::wallbash: Im having difficulty with the camera trying to get macro shots:mad:

And well im tending to another one thats a friend of mines....hes doing a 70w pc grow and doesnt have the room for her atm so i guess its mine now......ive been told that its a Lowrider X.....Hmmm but no idea so im just gonna say its bagseed Kief....

So i guess until next week.....:Bolt:

bengie187

Trying to figure out the macro feature on the camera...so i got one pic out of 6 that was clear enough to see something so here it is....Its a shot of one of the secondary growing shoots

this was the top but its not very clear until i broke it:wallbash::wallbash:

bengie187

StealthyScrog- Squarefootage is about :laughing: 4 square feet i believe.....I cant remember the exact dimentions of the cab....and i dont have a tape measure atm to measure i hope this helps......:wallbash:

On a side note i have definatly decided that i will only grow out 2 plants at one time once i get the screens setup......a perpetual grow spaced one month between harvests.....at least thats what im hoping to do for the later runs. i think it should work but there could be a problem with cleanliness in the tub and res after a few months of continueously running......:2cents:

Like some famous astronaught said "its one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

foesfun

hey there bengie. that is a sweet looking plant. keep the updates rollin i`m excited for the final product. can`t wait to see more pictures.