What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bench - Pressed For Space grow

B

bench warmer

ChemSour x Super Silver Chem Haze
Start of week 5. These plants are going to go long due to the smokey skies & cooling weather.

15360893391536089326.gif

15360894161536089391.gif

15360895311536089504.gif

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The gif's are just way too jerky for me to view them in any sort of detail. As cool and neat an idea as it is, I really just wish you'd post old fashioned images - at least in addition to.

Or perhaps just post one single gif that covers the whole plant like you're doing and some pictures to follow.

It's just a bandwidth / connection issue for me, ultimately.

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

Oh geez.. I didn’t realize gifs posed that issue.
Here’s a few closeups. Still at the popcorn sized bud stage but getting greasier by the day.
They each smell of garlic and rotten meat mixed. I anticipate this will shift somehow in coming weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you, brother! They are certainly trying to frost up for you and they do look more chem leaning for sure. By you description of the smells, there's no doubt. Some potential for potent smoke for sure. So glad to see the line live on in some form! Phillthy would be beyond excited.

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

Thank you, brother! They are certainly trying to frost up for you and they do look more chem leaning for sure. By you description of the smells, there's no doubt. Some potential for potent smoke for sure. So glad to see the line live on in some form! Phillthy would be beyond excited.

dank.Frank

:respect:

Over the past long weekend my visiting non-cannabis using inlaws commented on how “gross” these plants smelled from 35 feet away.
:peacock:
These are approximately half way through flower. Maybe Phillthy will find his way to stop in during the next month or so to see them in all their glory. :)

I’m considering making a cross with a couple generous gifts I received this year:
ie. I-NYCD
Sour D x SFV OG BX1 F2

Here’s a clone I’d taken from one of the plants. At this point it doesn’t seem to matter which one it’s from as they all look stellar, imho.
picture.php

B

bench warmer

I’m going away for a week & the forecast is looking bleak... so I’m resorting to ghetto moves.

picture.php

:laughing:

Tulku

and I'll bet you'll sleep like a baby??!!! So glad you still got that 'Can do' attitude after ALL this time....Much respect my friend.

P.S Gotta agree with the one like DF....static pics are the way forward

B

bench warmer

and I'll bet you'll sleep like a baby??!!! So glad you still got that 'Can do' attitude after ALL this time....Much respect my friend.

P.S Gotta agree with the one like DF....static pics are the way forward

It’s always great seeing you brother! Hope life is treating you & your family gracefully. :respect:
You’re right..this “tent” should offer some assurance that pm will be warded off. A good nights sleep is always welcome by this old geezer. :D
Re. The stills vs motion pictures... I’ve seen the light. hehe.

B

bench warmer

Smelling up the neighbourhood.
(A little night flash pic by a less than steady hand).
picture.php

B

bench warmer

I went out of town for 8 days & it rained an average of 15mm to 20mm per day at home.

Thank goodness I put the cover over my plants beforehand.
Flowering progress is slow & I’m certain yields will suffer quite a bit because of it.

At least no powdery mildew/budrot has occurred (yet).

.. I know there are spider webs at the tip of the first pic. They were left by an actual spider though..not mites.

End of week 6

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tulku

could be a hell of a lot worse by the sounds of it bro, they look great considering the conditions and your break away from them...got them bouncing on the Outdoor flex!

B

bench warmer

Thanks for your kind words my friends.

The girls still seem fluffier than I’d hoped they’d be. I’m neither experienced nor comfortable with growing cannabis outdoors as of yet.

Yields would be better indoors but the effect of these flowers will likely be enhanced by the natural sunlight they’ve received.

I’ve placed a 16 inch floor fan into the tent (blowing straight up) to keep moisture from settling on or within the clusters or the tent itself. I haven’t any proof this will stave off pm or mold but I’m following my intuition here.....Fingers crossed.

More of the same bud pics.... but a few cold & wet days later.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

This clone will be nurtured and spoiled rotten indoors if everything goes as planned.

picture.php

Tulku

Looking frosty bench :dance013: I had a go at a couple of Animal Face clones of mine outdoor and did pretty well till I started hearing the pesky neighbours cries of "WHAT IS THAT SMELL? HAS SOMETHING DIED?" ha ha chopped them a little early and popped them in the freezer for the Bugatti Bags to extract at some point.

B

bench warmer

Freezer stashing was a good idea... Still saved yourself some decent buzzes while averting a potential witch hunt.
These poor little shrubs are fighting the cold, humid wind as well as I could hope they might. The fan beneath the canopy seems to have kept the flowers dry. Before the fan was placed there the leaves were drooping from the extreme high humidity. The upward airflow has markedly dried the plants and there has been a slight rush of white pistils. Normally, this would be great but I’d honestly prefer if the pistoles would all wither quickly so I wouldn’t feel too hasty in chopping them so early.
Last week I found one branch had been touching the inside of the poly sheeting which resulted in the small top bud of this side branch forming a bit of budrot. :cry:
I chopped off that branch and anticipate more will be showing up before cropping out.... Damned spores!!! :cuss:
On a positive note, the unaffected buds from that branch were placed above my gas fireplace (pilot light action only) where I dried them to a pleasantly sticky consistency & gave the bulk of to my Mrs.
I took some of it and rolled a joint to torch out on the sundeck...just to checkout the aroma. Again, I don’t smoke or vape due to a frustratingly low tolerance to cannabis.
Not at all surprisingly, the smoke smelled wonderful. What was surprising was the level of buzz I got off the secondhand smoke. I literally felt like I was spun for about a minute.
A day later, my Mrs was vaping this bud (last night), commenting on the pleasant taste and effect... but soon afterwards as she stood up from her seat she told me she couldn’t feel here face or her arms. Apparently, this is one of her personal indicators of very good weed.
The plants could easily go another 2 to 3 weeks to mature.. plus there’s warmer & brighter days forecasted this week & next, so we’ll see how far into flower these gals can go before they tap out.

15377162371537716228.gif

B

bench warmer

Begin week 8/10 & the long awaited return of sunshine is happening. They’re receiving only water now. 2 weeks & then they get the chop.

Here’s one close up pic from each plant. There isn’t enough room in the tent to get decent full plant shots. Hopefully they put on plenty of weight and show more signs of maturity over these next 2 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

End of week 10 :nono:

This cultivar’s F1’s took 10 weeks indoors. These don’t look as mature as I thought they would at this stage, but these are outdoors & endured a lot of cold humidity & short days of minimal sunlight. Bud size are not much different than the F1 indoor plants were.

They’ve been on flush mode for ten days. Most pistils are still white; only some have changed colours. In spite of their already hitting the 10 week mark, I’m letting them go as late as they want. I lost my handheld microscope but I’m waiting on a 60x scope which should be here in a week or so. Hopefully, they won’t be beyond peak potency.

They reek of chives/garlic, lemon rind & notes I’d relate to a typical Italian seasoning, especially thyme & rosemary.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Super frosty!
I think you could harvest any time now if mold hits but it probably won't hurt to let them go a little bit longer either if they can.

Latest posts

Latest posts