What's new

Behind Closed Doors. GrowerGoneWild (^_^)

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

I've been working on some ladder logic, hell I'm just trying to remember how I did it last time. :) Kinda poking through the tutorials and drawing some basics.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

-Hooked up hydroponics, (Hooked on 'Ponics!). Tested autofill valve.
-Washed and flushed hydroponics system.
-Put clones/and seedlings into the hydro in the flower room.
-Started cleaning up the place.. put away nutrients, etc..
-Running plain tap (PPM 100) to flush,
-Plant light schedule 18-6 for now.

Bad stuff that needs to be fixed.

-Vertizontal reflector has balance issues when it hangs from the mover.
-PH part of constant monitor still off. PPM is ok.. PH is not.
-Noticed a few clogged sprayers.
-Need to monitor Max/Min temps.
-Need to fabricate control board.
-Need Mom DWC bucket.

T

THC_Decapitator

looks good man , I dig wood paneling :)
the poly looks way better though .

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

Note: 6 inch netpots save the day!

Noticed Max/Min Temps.. 70 at night 79 in the day.
Perfect.

Noticed RH is a bit low, not really too much of a problem. 20%, this actually works to my advantage. I'm not going to use a a humidifier.

Well here she is, 20 plants SOG, under 1KW. Mostly clones, and a few unsexed seedlings. That will change next grow. A few in clones now.

STONER MOMENT!

I had a total stoner moment, I cut the hole too big for the netpot, and the fucker fell through, I ended up putting the netpot in a regular 6" pot, that I had to cut the end off. Anywho, its a DWC mom bucket. I'll leave her under the metal halide.

Kinda working on using all the space, This little nook houses, future moms, and veggies.

Had problems with the aeroponics pump, its gets easily clogged the way its rigged now, One of the problems is the rockwool and assored plastic shavings.

Right now I have a 300 GPH pump pumping into a filter, its a 6 inch pot with a bunch of filters in it, added bonus is the water fall helps aerate the water, anywho those little bits of growdan and plastic shavings are getting sucked into an unfiltered intake and dumped into the netpot filter.

So this got me thinking...

Since all the crap is running out of the manifold, why not rig up filters there to catch all the trash that falls out?.. Why yes, that makes perfect sense to me. Dont even let it get to the res..

That way the filters can be cleaned out daily and inspected!.. I like it..

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today.

I got the garden on autopilot. I set the main res @ 900 PPM and 5.8 PH. Running 18/6
Additives in the res, a little superthrive, and floralicious grow. Getting them ready for the stretch. It was a bit of work to totally dump the 45 gallon res, and clean up the little bits of plastic and growdan... what a mess.

Got the mom bucket set at 600 PPM @ 6 PH. MH running 24/0/ I'll let that simmer for the next month.

One problem I've solved with the mainfold feeding back into the res is the problem of little bits of roots, and growdan contaminating the res. Is simply to tie pots filled with filter material in them.

So..

-A circulating pump is constantly filtering the res.
-Under each manifold is a filter. So no dead roots, or growdan bits get into the res.
-A filter is tied around the pump.
-A small screen filter is at the splitter at the hose.

OK, so thats 4 filters. :) The water is so clean.

One of the benefits is the filters, actually keep the waterfall noise down and I think it helps air up the water better.

Roots for the plants are looking great. The ones I pulled out of perlite, haven't recovered as well, a bit of transplant shock. but they should make it.

Gave the clones a good spray.

All in all its been a productive month.

Letsee here from this:

To this!

2010 is gonna be great! :) :smokeit:

C

csedge

a+++ friend of mine is just finishing aharvest after plans to do his own version on the gh aero table too

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
hi GrowerGoneWild,

man putting alot of work in your grow environment but it will pay out for you @harvest time....
things lookin good, keep up da good work
this one`s tagged:lurk:

:yummy: btw- ya shroomeys lookin sweet :yummy:

picture.php

happy new 2010

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
a+++ friend of mine is just finishing aharvest after plans to do his own version on the gh aero table too

Cool!..

I'm totally sold on this aeropoincs stuff, even if its low pressure aero.
I would have taken a rootshot, but right now the lights are gonna be off for the next few day to get them to flower.

Thanks for the visit!..

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
hi GrowerGoneWild,

man putting alot of work in your grow environment but it will pay out for you @harvest time....
things lookin good, keep up da good work
this one`s tagged:lurk:

:yummy: btw- ya shroomeys lookin sweet :yummy:

happy new 2010

Yeah, its a start, gotta get things moving along. I'm still working on getting some environmental controls, tank control. etc etc.

I like a tidy growroom. Good conditions, clean room, = great weed.

Yeah, those are golden teacher shrooms, not the most potent, but fun.. its a giggly happy kind of shroom.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

-Recalibrated and fixed the PH meters, :) Finally.. I think I got it.
-Put the mom plant on 18/6.
-Picked up some Maxigrow and Maxibloom.
-Adjusted main tank, added some maxi to raise the PPM's to 900.

Maxibloom comment: Even adding a small ammount to bump up PPM's I managed to slighly drop PH. :) Guess that the maxi's PH buffers are strong.

Auto fill valve: Its been on for a few days :) and its working. No leaks, no floods. awesome.

Filters at ends of manifolds, working as they should be, I had a hard time seeing, I had the green safelight on,

Roots look awesome.. aero is always impressive. Big white fluffy roots. :)

HansHanf

rebmeM
Veteran
I like a tidy growroom. Good conditions, clean room, = great weed.

Yeah, those are golden teacher shrooms, not the most potent, but fun.. its a giggly happy kind of shroom.
:yeahthatsgolden teacher?hmmm not bad,sir....makes me giggling more than one time ;)..
got some psilocybe-cyanescens spores stored for cultivation outside, this season..
but hey, not on the shroomery.org here, right? lets get back to topic...
2`nd your theory about the clean and the good to end up with quality weed ...

i`ll be back to see how things goin here ..

regards and peace
hans:smokeit:

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

-Dropped some femmed Alaskan Ice seeds into the water for a 24 hour soak and then
drop those into some growdan. I want to check these out, I hear these are heavy hitters,
I'll end up giving one to a friend to check out.

-I'm messing with this 160 CFM axial fan that I might use for C02 enrichment. I'm thinking of using some of the exhaust from the water heater for moisture and heat and co2. I understand that this is an unpopular method of raising CO2 but it should work in theory.
I'm using this to pull a small ammount of exhaust gas and vent it into the growroom.

I also found a CO detector, so things go safely, I plan on using a timed enrichment method.
the fan will only work during lights on, and will be off during night.

I will have to re-time exhaust fans for enrichment.

We will see how this goes.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Doing some late night number crunching..

Typical pilot light creates 450 pounds of CO2 every 6 months.
Or 2.6 pounds of CO2 every 24 hours.
0.10 LB an hour.
There are 8.741 scf in one pound of CO2
.8 scf per hour for the enrichment fan.

Letsee here.

Room Dimensions.

8X10X14
1120 CF.

Assumed 300 PPM for normal background Co2

Ok so.. Room volume 1120 X .0015 (for 1500 PPM)

1.68 CF Co2 needed to enrich to 1500 PPM

1.68/.8 = 1.3 hr or 1 Hr and 20 min on time to enrich atmosphere to 1500 PPM.

Note, does not include possible on time of water heater that will produce way more than typical pilot light output.

So.. CO2 enrichment strategy..

-Prior to lights on CO2 fan will turn on for 2 hours. Exhaust fans will be off.
This should bump up temp/humidity/and CO2 to optimum levels.
The math comes out to 3000+ PPM, but I'm accounting for room leakage.

-Exhaust fans will turn on 6 hours into light cycle and the CO2 fan will turn off.

So to recap:

Exhaust fan On time from 4-12
Fans off 4-12
Estimated time to 1500 PPM Co2 6am.
Fresh air ventilation from 12PM till 4 AM. (16 Hours).

Thoughts:

Growth is accelerated as low as 800 PPM of Co2 ( I'm correlating this to something I saw, a major growroom had their co2 set at 800, not the 1500 that I keep on hearing about.

Flue tap should have some kind of radiator/ heat exchanger on it, to keep exhaust gas temps as low as possible.

Use timed fresh air intake during purge cycle, to optimize ventilation @ 12 PM

Log Max RH and temp.

2 CO detectors. I might have to borrow one.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

-Fabbed up a fan to pull exhaust gas and enrich the grow with co2. Right now, its a 160CFM, Its running 14 hours on. I think it will work great, I'm a little concerned about heat tho' the fan can really heat up when the tank is heating up water. Not too hot but its not something you want to put your hand on. Tomorrow I'll have to add a timer to the fans.

-Put the CO monitor on, Kinda having problems with batteries. If it doesn't work I'll have to spring for a new one.

-Cleaned up the Ebb and flow Veg tank, I'm giving Maxigrow a try, Initial thoughts on Maxi.It does not dissolve quickly, make sure to dissolve first then add to water. I do like the tint the Maxi adds to the water. A greenish tinge, I like that, Its kinda something I like to see when I look at a tank is the color of the water, I _kinda_ get an idea of the strength of the solution. Well its alot more easier to read than say the flora series bloom, that suff is nearly colorless.

-Clone/Veg Tank set to 450 PPM @ 6.3 (PH is kinda high but the PPM's are kinda low.)
I'll fix that tomorrow. I never did get a baseline PPM on the tap water.

-Main tank bumped up to 1100 PPM @ 5.8 Added a little bit of Epsoms and Maxigrow. Heres a shot of the innerworkings of the tank
for those of you guys running NFT or Aero style, filter your nutes before they hit the tank..

-Made another mom bucket today, I think I'll select the strongest of the clones and make that one a mom.

-Dropped the Alaska Ice seeds into rockwool, I hope to see some sprouts here in a week.

-Made a clone of Papaya, I had to, she was showing me her goodies.. I hope she doesn't flip and I can revert her back to veg.

-More arrangin stuff, the clone tools and chemicals got their own drawer, PH packets, and other associated PH meter crap, gets its own place.

-Reset the thermostat memory Min and Max. During the water heater kicking on, I got a spike in temp, only a few degrees 84. But when the pilot is on I got a temp reading of 82. Well I'm watching it and looking for spikes in temp or RH.

-I was admiring the roots, they look great. Really, I'm a little disappointed in some of the clones I pulled from perlite, they were really fucked up from me trying to clean up the roots and removing the perlite, Anywho they are busy making new roots, and making them fast.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Growth Shot.

12/29/09

picture.php

1/04/10

picture.php

I had to use a different cam, so its not exactly the same as the last shot.. but I think you can see the difference.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Today:

-Retimed Exhaust fans, and Co2 fans.

-Recorded Max/Min temps.

-Started a Growlog.

-Looked at plants for M/F sex. Still early to tell.

Picked up a disco light! :) 45 W LED Panel.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
^^^what did you pay for that panel??
im intrested in led lightning too but they`re so expensive ...

greeetz hans

I traded some grow equipment for that.

I do believe the retail is around 150 USD.

I've had it shining on a houseplant all night long and I think its a bit stronger than a flo' but not as strong as HID lighting.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Making something fun:

I got some odd parts together, I'm gonna make a cooltube for a 250HPS.

I thought I would share this,

I put a 30CFM axial fan in this rubber 6 inch to 2 inch connector. I put a little bit of rubber hose in the gap and I'll put a hose clamp on it.

I've always thought it was better to get the fan as close as possible to the bulb.

Anywho this is a vertical configuration, the fan will be at the bottom pulling air with a 2 inch intake, and the light will be at the top. So the fan will blow air over the light, and the hot air will exit out the top..

I think it will be pretty cool when I rig this up for the guy..

Hell, I like it :)

Last edited: