What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ems

Hi, I'm a total beginner in the field and i have a problem.
I've watched many videos, read books about the topic but i don't really know what to do, i'm a student and i have a small house, for now i live alone but i am looking for a roomate.
I am surrounded by condos with old ppl living in them so i don't think i can grow anything in my balcony...
I live in Italy so that's kind of a problem too since it's not really legal here.
I thought of buying a microgrow box (1 max 2 plants) to grow autoflowering but i don't really know which one is better (i was thinking something around 40x40x120) or which site should i trust with good products (consider that I'm a student so i don't have much money)

If you have any advice (about really anything) please let me know :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello and welcome friend. I think a micro-grow would be a good place to start. However, you could get by with one or two small plants on your balcony surrounded by house plants. The more house plants the less the cannabis plants would be noticed. If you have a Sunny balcony I would start growing as many house plants as I could to hide one or two cannabis plants in the group.

goingrey

A balcony in Italy would be an incredible place to grow, especially if it faces south. It's a shame about the laws.

40x40x120 is pretty small, especially the height as you need space for the light and the container as well. Severely limiting, but not totally impossible to grow in. And you want an extractor fan and carbon filter but those can also be outside the tent/box. The fan will make noise which may be an issue if you plan to sleep next to it or something.

goingrey

As you say it's a house (not an apartment where smell in the hallway could be a concern) one thing you could consider is a windowsill grow. Blinds at a 45 angle or so would provide ample privacy while still letting light in. South-facing window again would be the best. Very low cost especially if you already have blinds. If you start now an auto would be the best. In autumn doesn't even need to be an auto.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi @Ems, with a little work, you should be able to grow on the balcony.

Just use some sort of training technique to keep everything nice and low. Surround your plant/s with some nice flowering plants and also consider getting some plastic flowers and attach them to your plant/plants; it's surprising how well a few plastic flowers can disguise your plants.

IMG-20221031-WA0000.jpeg

Reactions: Ems

Ems

Hi @Ems, with a little work, you should be able to grow on the balcony.

Just use some sort of training technique to keep everything nice and low. Surround your plant/s with some nice flowering plants and also consider getting some plastic flowers and attach them to your plant/plants; it's surprising how well a few plastic flowers can disguise your plants.

View attachment 18987983
That's absolutely awesome damn!!!

Ems

Hi, I'm a total beginner in the field and i have a problem.
I've watched many videos, read books about the topic but i don't really know what to do, i'm a student and i have a small house, for now i live alone but i am looking for a roomate.
I am surrounded by condos with old ppl living in them so i don't think i can grow anything in my balcony...
I live in Italy so that's kind of a problem too since it's not really legal here.
I thought of buying a microgrow box (1 max 2 plants) to grow autoflowering but i don't really know which one is better (i was thinking something around 40x40x120) or which site should i trust with good products (consider that I'm a student so i don't have much money)

If you have any advice (about really anything) please let me know :)
Okok i have a few updates, I've decided to build my own grow box, I've already bought and built the box itself, i installed the light with a timer + i ordered a fan, a filter and the seeds already... In a few days I'll be able to start I'm very excited!!!!

Btw thank you all for the advice <3

SenyVinter

Building your own grow box sounds like an exciting project! It's great that you're taking initiative and getting everything set up for your indoor garden. Since you're a student on a budget, DIY can be a fantastic option. It's wonderful to see your enthusiasm for growing despite the challenges you face.

Latest posts

Latest posts