What's new

beginner Q's

thelaughingman

so i picked up my first clone "blue cheese" and i want to make sure im doing this right i have her in some fox farms ocean soil watering with puri water 3x a day and for my lighting is on 18 hrs a day 1 cool white 40w and 1 blue spectrum 40w...
a penny for your thoughts
-Shane

thelaughingman

damn 16 views and only one reply, what i mean by watering is lushly mist the soil...
common people work with me, don't be shy..

GadgetGuy

Definitely watering too much. Feel how heavy the pot is, then check it every day to see how much lighter it gets every day. When if feels like its lost its moisture it's time to water. If you water 3x a day you will drown the plant and it will die. I'd look into getting some more light too if I was you....

thelaughingman

10-4 good buds...@gadgetguy if i may be so dumb and say more then 3200+2200 lumes? all i want her to do is grow and stay vegetative...

thelaughingman

80 views and only 6 reply's what's going on people? talk to me... should i be mixing anything with my water? any tip on growing a healthy plant??
or am im doing everything right?? apart from over watering...
you guy's want to see some picture's of my set up?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
tlm, even if you don't water in large increments, it's best to let the medium (almost) dry, then saturate. 10 to 15% runoff will help prevent buildup when you're adding ferts.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
dude, like read through all the beginner organics pages, and other. no offense you are asking really simple basic questions that can be answered with a quick search.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Forum Jump, bottom right corner of this page.

but dood.....I'd go organic only if you don't already have chemical nutes.

nextbestthing

I have ordered a few things from htgsupply.com

they have good prices

I was able to create LC's #1 mix with blood and bone meal just buying locally from walmart. You maybe have to find a local place for earth worm castings...try a garden center

Skunklover

In fox farm soil you should be watering every 4th day, trust me. Unless of course your plant wilts a little bit, then go every 3rd day. Misting the top of the soil is a very bad idea, you are creating the perfect environment for fungus gnats. Water the soil like I said and just leave it alone. Weed likes dry soil, not for long obv, but it's good to let it dry out, especially on top.

thelaughingman

@nextbestthing.. i finished reading the beginners organic mix's and it was very educational thank you that was exactly what i was looking for..
@Skunklover my florescent light fixture crapped out last night, i dont know when but when i got the spare on her i seen a gnat fly out.. now i know why

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
To find out how much and when to water you have to take into account what your using for soil,how dense it is,and possibly the weather (humidity).Its best to let them go through wet and dry cycles.Atleast alot of growers have reported success using that method.Best way to know when to water is to know what your pots feel like empty.When they feel light like that give them some water.Another thing you can do is sink your finger into the soil about 2 to 3 inches deep and see if you can feel any moisture.If you cant some say that is a very good indicator that you need to water.

It isnt a bad idea to mist the top of your soil.Alot of people keep the top layer moist to insure that the microbial life can stay alive.Unless you use mosquitoe dunks or something you will probably end up having knats.But depending on where your growing they are really not a problem.They can bother your clones a bit.I would say most growers have a knat population..lols.

Be careful about taking somebodys advice with your garden until you know that they know what they are talking about.

Good Luck and Happy Gardening to you.

Latest posts

Latest posts