What's new

Bee line lighter strings

C

cbf

bee line looks like a pain in the ass / not worth the $$$. aside from vaping, nothing beats a magnifying glass and the bright sun
Yep, it is a royal pain aside from needing a lighter or matches to light also, extra accesories, but to me the worst is the fact that it's an irregular flame and does not torch the bowl enough to *comfortably* finish the rip, it's weak..I always run out of breath..great post on the fumes from butane, seems people are talking out their asses alot!

T

Truthman

I looked more into flame temperature and learned(also realized) that a blue flame is hotter than an orange,red or yellow flame and also it means more oxygen is mixed in with the fuel which means a cleaner burn.

This connection with bee-line, bic lighters, or torch lighters is that they all burn clean and hotter at different rates. The beeline and bic lighters burn more cooler than torch lighters(at the point where it most matters, the outer edges) and they also burn more incomplete which means more soot mixed in with your smoke which is NOT a good thing.

With a good torch lighter a blue flame is produced meaning NO butane, NO soot, and a higher temperature meaning you can vaporize more flavorful oils, if held at a good distance, and then burn the rest WITHOUT worrying about inhaling soot. This is why people like using a magnifying glass and the sun along with just wanting to be different.

Anyway just wanted to put more info into it.

Last edited:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
haha this thread has been crazy. Im not saying i exclusivly use anything.

But love the debate guys

simpleword

Gonna add my 2 cents here. It's been pretty much proven that butane lighters burn 99.9%+ of butane that comes out of them, just think about it, why wouldn't they? Also the byproduct of burnt butane is c02 and h2o, hardly anything to be concerned about. And honestly, who the hell inhales the flint? It's gone after the initial lighting.

However, a friend of mine came over yesterday with some bee line and I really liked it. People who say it's a hassle to use are crazy, just wrap it around your lighter and it's good to go. It's pliable so you can even bend it in to shape so that it you can hold your lighter like normal using the bee line instead of the butane. All you have to do is shake it, blow it, or pinch it to put it out, no biggie. I just liked the experience of using it, the taste was good, it seemed to have a decent flame to me, and the ever so slight candle smell after putting it out hardly bothered me. An added benefit is that it will make people realizing what they're doing when they inadvertently pocket your lighter. I thought it was decent enough to try it out for a while so I just ordered a box of 21 packs for 26 bucks shipped. You don't have to buy the hype about butane to enjoy the bee line.

Latest posts

Latest posts