What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

couldn't the monies be paid straight to an icmag uk bank account for member subs ?
magazine subscriptions arent illegal at all ,,as far as i know

Last edited:
C

Chamba

don't use UPS or FedEx..they are narcs and they cost too much

go to your local post office, send a standard biz size envelop with the cash inside via registered mail so someone at GN has to sign for it when it arrives or it will be returned to you...

there are usually several price options for air mail to choose from...

fold the cash in half longways and then fold it again one third the way down into an "L" shape to help disguise it, (you can also wrap that in paper) then place it into an inner envelop then put all that in the business envelop.

use large size and neatly written BLOCK style writing with a black ball point or better still, use a printed label

registered mail always gets there...

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Question: Couldn't having all these guests be a security concern? I think it could be. Alot of forums make you register? For one you would save alot of bandwith making people register. I think closing the guest door would be a good idea.

I've been watching the member/guest ratio since it's been brought up and so there's always more guests than members.

Last edited:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I'm in ..................

I'm in ..................

100.00 /year is not all that unreasonable ....8 somethin a month......(no calculator handy) concidering the cost of security .....(.hiring someone thats trusted and knows about that sort of thing.).....of a site like this is probably quite expensive.
Altho making payments would be a lot easier for me , I can see the headachs in that, but I think I can come up with 100 bucks all at one time,only gonna hurt for a little while. Icmag has been good for me in a lot of different ways... :smile:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pure Entertainment

Pure Entertainment

Robin Williams said:
Gooood moorning I C Maaaaaag.....
mrwags said:
Once AGAIN KIDS:
To argue on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,even if ya get the Gold your still retarded.
Pure entertainment Wags...that is what I say...I had a chance to reply to this thread at post #9 yesterday morning at 5 AM but I wanted to ponder and watch a while? Well good morning...things can really get interesting here and I love it. I love the quality and quanity of the research and information...that is priceless!. My first thought was "to much money" and that brings me to my 30 years selling Budwiser. I had to convince the grocier to lower thier price from $6.99 to $5.99 a 12 pack and sell 4 times as many on the 4th of July. They would in return make more profit. I was thinking this could work as well here. Leave the $250 alone but go to $50 a year. But then..when you have the opportunity to post a poll of your users why not do so? Ask them what they could afford? Anyway...great site Gypsy..I will be sending something...DD ...PS and love everyones images here...

Last edited:

Kenny Lingus

AFAIK: The problems with credit cards and money transfer is it will jeopardize users integrity.
Of course a registered shipment may also conflict with this, but alot of us use safe addies anyway and should be fine. (Owner of handles will be traceable and stuff...-even though magazine subscription is legal.)

Could be that registered mail is cumbersome too, as it may demand a given persons authorization to receive instead of overnight couriers that deliver on your door. I know too little on those practices, but guess gypsy has a reason for wanting it that way.

It will be soooo nice with a few new features and some kinda vip lounge....
-Sure would be fine if for example the seedboutique could sell the subscriptions so we could pay with cards or whatever. And then we could just use email or something in the order form to link reveal which handle to sign up for.

And by stop commenting and find out exactly how I do this next-day-stuff in my bureaucratic and over governed nation, I for one will do much more to help us all out.

Anyway, I will shut up now and leave this thread and subject for others to unravel.

Have a nice week all fellas!!!

OBS: Maybe a nice feature will be different priority for guests subscribers. (if that is even possible/reasonable)

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Close the door on guests, make them register!!!! Nothing irritaes me more than when the site is dragging, slow page loads and look down to see 300 guests to 200 members.

Like right when i post this these are the stats:
804 (280 members and 524 guests) That's nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now who hogs all the bandwith? looks like the guests do to me

Last edited:

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
I'd bite on 50/yr, that's pretty reasonable. Hehe all these ppl stating well, what's good weed worth...same as tomatoes or cucumbers, or any other produce that grows in a garden. Minus the BS laws, of course...

Dealing pot is not the goal...Freedom for it is. Go $50/yr, and I'm in. Like I said earlier on, there's no site I'd rather support... :rasta:

Peace

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
What's wrong with having a premium subscriber's package like Gypsy has set up, along with another tier of contribution which offers recognition as donors without extra services(which cost extra money to offer)? THen everyone who wants to contribute in whatever small way they feel moved to, is able to and gets the credit and recognition of going above and beyond in support of the site... AND anyone who wishes to donate larger, can do the same with the additional incentive/reward of purchasing for themselves extra access...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
How much weed does $100 get you these days?.......and how long would that last you?

....I don't know......why?.....because I gr__

and that is what this site is about......saving you from having to buy yer own erb'

G

Let start by saying I am not trying to start anything but I do have a question for you, H3ad...what are you doing to help Gypsy's dilemma? You make money from here and yes you pay a reputed 40% of your profits to do so. Why not 41% or 45%? And I say reputed because I have no first hand actual experience as what the contract is between you breeders and Gypsy.
Where would your market be if not for here?
I notice a fair amount of the mods are all for this. Yes, you volunteer your time. Yes it can be a thankless job. But for you guys to keep telling us what a great thing this is and how little money it is yet Gypsy's says you guys get a pass on this. Yes, I know it's voluntary. But this is aimed at us the users of this site and the customers of your seed sales. I do think you mod folks need to stop putting the sales pitch on us the end users/consumers and let us talk it out among ourselves.
To that end..100 bucks is too much. 50 is the right number in my old fool of brain.
Give me one minute to put on my fireman's outfit before you guys start flaming me.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Old Fool said:
Let start by saying I am not trying to start anything but I do have a question for you, H3ad...what are you doing to help Gypsy's dilemma? You make money from here and yes you pay a reputed 40% of your profits to do so. Why not 41% or 45%? And I say reputed because I have no first hand actual experience as what the contract is between you breeders and Gypsy.
I notice a fair amount of the mods are all for this. Yes, you volunteer your time. Yes it can be a thankless job. But for you guys to keep telling us what a great thing this is and how little money it is yet Gypsy's says you guys get a pass on this. Yes, I know it's voluntary. But this is aimed at us the users of this site and the customers of your seed sales. I do think you mod folks need to stop putting the sales pitch on us the end users/consumers and let us talk it out among ourselves.
To that end..100 bucks is too much. 50 is the right number in my old fool of brain.
Give me one minute to put on my fireman's outfit before you guys start flaming me.

OK Old Fool........I'm giving a 50% senior citizens discount to you....well you get it on the bus.....so why not here?

G

Gyspy, I'm not looking for any special old geezer discount. I didn't know you took AARP cards. lol
But that..."why not here" confuses me.

RED145

Its $110.00 a day to run this site.........that 50 will get ya half a day!!!!I'm tellin ya,the numbers blowin me away!!I wonder,is it a sound investment?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old Fool said:

I just got to respond to this one.

Because I think that it's OK for Gypsy to ask for a little help after 4 years I'm doing a sales pitch? Hmmm. I guess it could look that way but I don't want to see it gone.

As for mods getting a free pass, let me explain something to you. We only had one PC in our household and it seemed I was always on it watching to make sure some idiot isn't trying to con someones address or another person isn't harassing another and driving them offline. I also needed to be careful so my kids didn't see what I was doing. So, this weekend I went and spent a grand and bought another computer so other members of the family could enjoy the one we have. And then I spent another hundred and twenty five for a wireless router to get online with. By my figuring that's $1125.00 that I spent that I wouldn't have needed to. Then lets talk about the times that a couple mods are going to be away and one of us HAS to stay online to do what might need to be done. Unlike you, we can't just say fuckit I'm going to go out with me friends.

Before you think mods are getting a "free ride" as you call it. Maybe you should ask and see what is involved in it. Sorry if I take exception to the free ride term. No body ever said you had to pay a damn penny. Why you feel it's necessary to complain because he asked for help. When the place is gone I guess we won't have to worry about it. But I know I wouldn't be spending 50 grand out of my pocket every year to listen to some of this shit.

I know Gypsy won't do it but maybe if Gypsy shut the site down for a week some people might want to be able to put that quarter in the slot for a days entertainment.....

Last edited:

RED145

You spent ALL that money just so you could Mod here!!Maybe Gypsy should make it 350 a yr so all the mods can get free computers and wireless routers so they can do there job!!!LOL.no offense JJ,but its a far stretch calling Moding a job,imo :laughing:

OH,And I thought I was helping everytime I bought seeds at Seedbay!!!!

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
I am working now to put the money together.......

I believe in this site and now it's time for me to support this beautiful community.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

I got you if you need it GP ... Now about that T-Shirt Gypsy ... You know the ones GH had made up ... with my Name on it ... are there any left ?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RED145 said:
You spent ALL that money just so you could Mod here!!Maybe Gypsy should make it 350 a yr so all the mods can get free computers and wireless routers so they can do there job!!!LOL.no offense JJ,but its a far stretch calling Moding a job,imo :laughing:

OH,And I thought I was helping everytime I bought seeds at Seedbay!!!!

Why don't you show me where I ever said it was a job. Don't put words in my mouth. I was pointing out it isn't a free ride as some people claim. You weren't asked to donate anything yet you seem to have made an awful lot of negatives comments.

RED145

Well I feel it is a free ride for the mods!!I guess thats where no two people are alike huh!!Sorry you feel my posts are negative JJ,I like to think of them as real...........guess we disagree.....lets get 1 thing straight for the millionth time...ICMag is my home too,I;m allowed to have my own opinions on things.

And the Vendors!!!Since Seedbay and ICMag are seperate,the 60/40 is meaningless here......make the vendors absorb more,those who profit should pay,imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.