What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifebreather

Veteran
I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I think after considering forking over
that kind of cash there are some things I'd like to know...

Are there any "ICMAG Supporters" that can vouch for this supporters only
forum and the pre-release bean offers they claim? What I mean is, is the forum
active and actually offer rare genetics for the supporters? If so at what
frequency? (monthly, bimonthly, etc.)

The reason I ask is because some of the other sites that have pay
memberships offer forums that are practically dead, very little activity. I'm not
saying that this is how IC works, but hearing examples from supporters would
help give me some perspective. Thank you for your time.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Life, that's a valid question and one I'm sure the crew wont mind answering at all, and will probably increase the subscriptions considerably. LOL
All's I can say that during my short tenure here, Gypsy and the guys seem to be very straight shooters on the up and up, and I have been wanting to contribute as my finances permit, simply for the bandwidth I use and the information I get from the community is a valuable asset.

But again, I think you're question is a valid one they won't mind answering.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hammerhead said:
Gypsy any thought on using paypal as payment?

...sorry due to many problems with pay pal in the past....(nature of business e.t.c.) we can't receive payments that way...

Over the last year we have been trying to figure out how to upgrade icmag.com and have come across many problems mostly surrounding how to migrate the galleries.....it looks like we may have found a solution to this but are still working on trying to overcome this problem.....once we have it solved we can then start to offer members/subscribers and donators many more fun and interesting deals and features thru this site.....It's difficult to give an exact time-frame as to when this will happen since its all dependant on what we can achieve thru thorough testing first and foremost......but we are on it and I hope to see many changes to the site in the not too distant future....

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Migrating the galleries shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't hire the guys doing hg 420 lol j/k
Why would you need to migrate the galleries anyway?
Vbulletin can do anything you can dream up, you won't find a better combo for this type of community.

Edit: I read a few more pages (meh lol) & thought of a few things that might help cut monthly costs, if they're not doing it already?...

Work out a better deal for your avg monthly bandwidth & get rid of any big overage charges. You can get a limit around your average, plus a fair set amount for increments over. There's stiff hosting competition in every country!

You could also make a huge dent in your bandwidth running a good server cache & make sure your server's image script (GD, Imagemagik) is properly optimizing gallery images on upload.

Cheap stuff that costs nothing but having your server tech look into it, could make a huge dif on a site like this tho.

cheers

Last edited:

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wondering about the paper copy of IcMag, Is there one? If there is I have never seen it on a stand. Maybe it's just me or my lack of business knowledge but couldn't advertising funds from it put a big dent in your costs? Like I said, I've never seen it on a stand...anywhere. I know the other mags on the same subject are big sellers in the local bookstores. I think with the amount of legitamate info here and GOOD photos it could be exploited better. Even If there was an IcMag master strainguide in book form, I mean you already have the info just have it put together, published and marketed. Sounds gold to me.

Bruja64

I'll support, but please let there be an easier way. I HATE mailing!!!
Is there anyway to just do it online via a credit card??

BTW---you do an exceptional job and I will not order seeds from anyone else.

Bruja

Mc__Nugget

as soon as i can i will send some money, but you really are robbing yourself by not setting up a paypal account and taking any donations. i bet way over 50% of members have a paypal. say 18,000 people donate 5 usd. thats close to 100 grand for the forums, glorious.

Skip

Veteran
As Gypsy said b4, paypal won't work with sites like this. We will come up with something soon... Be patient. :)

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I think this is a wonderful idea Gypsy (even if I would tweak it some given the chance)! Things are tight right now for me, but they won't be for too long and when they aren't I'll be sending in my support!

razor ridge

Does the 250.00 membership get you the publications as well? I haven't been able to bid on anything on Seedbay...never see a current action...Is the shipping from SB the same as Seedboutique? If so I would love the first chance on some select genetics, and mabey a set price for such not an action...How many people have contributed the 250.00? Is there enough doing so to justify the deal?

IRay

Gypsy Nirvana, I have some Bull Rider seeds straight from San Diego. I'd love to do my part and help. As soon as I can I will be subscribing. Thanks!
IRay

TEOCLE

hi,

you excuse me,,, ......... but to me who helps me?

be a bad time for everyone, but, remember the beautiful moments,,,, you do not split the profits with the forum!
each be responsible for his actions,,,

was' true that you provide a GREAT forum, but you have sold enough in the past.

and the global crisis !!!!!!!

just my 2 cents

Skip

Veteran
I can't PM anymore, do I have to become a paying memeber? I might do it, but can't yet.

Gist
You can pm now, and you didn't need to pay a cent. Enjoy the freebies this site offers...

We will soon announce the new ICMag Supporter Benefits... :)

IRay

BR clone from seedling
IMG_0171.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts