What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber....Your Chance To Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgreSeeker

I got bored after 4 pages so I cheated and skipped to page 19 :muahaha:
I will probably become a supporter (when I grow another crop or 3). That being said...in all reality, this forum is basically to bring business to Gypsys door? The people who contribute, help the site grow and bring new business and customers to Gypsy because of their hard work & contributions are now being asked to pay to be a supporter? I believe that anyone who has contributed something special to this forum (people like blaze) is already a supporter. Grandfather clause maybe, LOL??? Don't think the G man isn't making plenty of money from the business/potential customers that are drawn by our work on here. Yes this is his site and it cost money to maintain but without us this forums would be dead & empty and all the future potential customers / forum users would not be here.
No need to flame or be angry...All the seeds I've ever purchased (excluding the ones from M.E. in the beginning) have come from GN and I'm grateful. I'm a pretty big fan of IC and GN so don't be throwing insults like I'm against GN or something.
These are just my thoughts.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It really depends on the person Ogre, I've been a member of this site for over a year and I have only just put in my first order to seedbay. There are plenty of people on ICmag who have never used it...

Other than the seedbay forum in the breeders section and an occasional banner(which is blocked by firefox) you can easily browse ICMag and not even know what seedbay is or if it even exists.

Lots of people say this forum is just to bring business to Seedbay- I disagree. :wave:

skylined

I concur Sammet. ICMag is as far as I know the greatest source of information on everything since OG went down (RIP). If this were a grow book it'd probably be something like 100,000 pages long lol. Plus, I like the banner :-D

Peace,
~Skylined

OgreSeeker

Sammet said:
It really depends on the person Ogre, I've been a member of this site for over a year and I have only just put in my first order to seedbay. There are plenty of people on ICmag who have never used it...

Other than the seedbay forum in the breeders section and an occasional banner(which is blocked by firefox) you can easily browse ICMag and not even know what seedbay is or if it even exists.

Lots of people say this forum is just to bring business to Seedbay- I disagree. :wave:

So your saying that GN spends $40,000 a year on this site out of the goodness of his heart. I don't think so, man. It's a business.
I've been a member of this site under two names since 04' and I've made MANY MANY purchases from GN. I only found Seedbay and SD after I became a member here.
For every person that uses this site and doesn't purchase seeds, there is another person like me that spends thousands and buys hundreds of packs.

skylined said:
I concur Sammet. ICMag is as far as I know the greatest source of information on everything since OG went down (RIP). If this were a grow book it'd probably be something like 100,000 pages long lol. Plus, I like the banner :-D

Peace,
~Skylined

Your correct. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.
ICM is the greatest source of info since OG and guess who made it that way...YOU AND ME!

Last edited:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
i like this site a lot....but here are some of my thoughts about becoming a supporter by paying a *sum* of your choice

currently it is on terms of who wants to pay....can pay...who doesn't want to pay...... doesn't have to pay...quite simple

since my main bizness is online sales.....if something was being sold upfront you would pay to get this information before getting it...so before entering this site you would pay a fee...monthly...yearly..whatever

currently most of the information is put up here by the members that share their pics and knowledge for free...and most likely this is why this site is currently *free*

Of course a good amount of people buy seeds from SBoutique and Sbay that hang out on this site and this covers some costs....but no one except Gypsy knows how many people buy because they are members of this site.....and he might not know this *totally*....unless he has programs that track all of this information

in the end ...... I think it is a good idea for Gypsy to make this option available to people who want to contribute

if you saved some money, or made some money, using the info on this website....and you are a *good* person who wants to contribute...then go ahead and do it

or if you just like this forum...or like Gypsy and Dutchgrown....and want to offset some of their costs.....then go ahead and do it

in the end it is your choice.....peace :rasta:

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
Hello IC management, may I request that someone in admin please contact me somehow regarding this thread? I have tried sending email via my personal email address, with no success.

Kind regards,

White Rabbit

R

Rifman

Gypsy Nirvana said:
Becoming an ICMAGAZINE (online) Subscriber.....Please Help....

Please send your subscription along with your ICMAG.COM user handle (so that we can activate your subscribers account) to :I.C.Magazine, Unit#2. 22 Eden Street, Kingston-Upon-Thames, Surrey, KT1 1DN, U.K. (United Kingdom)......

*when sending cash or Money Order (only) for your subscription to ensure delivery please use an 'overnite' service.......if you use the regular post there is a very slim chance a letter may get lost......make your M.O. payable to 'ICM'....

....as soon as we receive your subscription we will activate your ICMAG supporters account.

Thank-you for your kind indulgence....

Gypsy Nirvana

excuse me what exactly do you mean by the "user handle"? -my username?

how does M.O. work? i have never used such a service before :p

do i mark the M.O. with subscription rifman?

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
you buy a M.O for the value you need, send it with a note of your user name
pretty self explanitory

R

Rifman

oldpink said:
you buy a M.O for the value you need, send it with a note of your user name
pretty self explanitory

thanks it was just the term "user handle" that confused me, english is not my first language. sry

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When Will Subscribers Forum Be Open?

When Will Subscribers Forum Be Open?

Hi Management :wave: I was just wondering if one of you nice folks could
answer a few questions for me. I'm running out of gallery space and was
considering donating to get more space so I came here to check things out.

This is on the first page from February...

The ICMAG Supporters once subscribed will have the title 'I.C MAG SUPPORTER'
next to their user handle (just like I do have now)...
and
access to a subscribers forum where upon the request of
the subscribers I can make sub-forums for those that might want them for
any particular related topic.....

OK, here's my first question. When will we see the subscribers forum? It
seems that a few have paid and it's been nine months and before I send my
money in I'd like to see that area created. Just curious if there is a deadline,
lol or something? Wonder if anyone else is waiting?

ICMAG Supporters will also have the opportunity to aquire rare and unusual
genetics in seed form thru special privaledges to purchase pre-releases and
rare varieties from various breeders and these 'specials' and how to get them
will be advertised only in the subscribers area......along with other offers not
open to the regular membership
.....Also each Supporter will have up to 1
whole gigabyte of gallery space....far more than the current 150 megabyte
limit as a regular member.....

Well I guess I only had one question because the "special privaledges to
purchase pre-releases and rare varieties"
won't/can't happen until the
new forum is in place. That sure would be cool.

Looking forward to this too.

"For many members the beauty of the subscribers forums will be that they
will be troll free and a place on the site that you can get together with other
supporters without the rude interruptions and interferances that we see on
the regular forums from members that are just here to cause trouble and
disscontent......."

I want to send my money to you... just wondering when these things will
actually take place. Time frame?
Thanks, NS

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
High nuggetshiner :wave: The private subscriber's forum has been here since subscriptions were introduced as far as I know, but you have to have an 'ICMag Supporter' tag to see it whereas you have an 'ICMag Donator' tag

Last edited:

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey MyAssIsGrass thanks for the info. Silly me, I thought I'd be able to see
it, just not get in, lol. I'm sure there are reasons but if they are trying to get
peeps to join seems like it would be nice to entice them a little. I wonder how
were suppposed to know they're there? Oh well, guess I'll send some money
with my next SB order.
Thanks for the reply, take care, NS.
PS Are they having the special offers and stuff like they stated?

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Nugget Gypsy posted a few days ago that the site will soon be going through an upgrade and those offers would be available then. DD

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to doobieduck again."
Hey Doob! Thanks for the response. :) I sure don't recall giving u any rep lately. I
haven't even been on a rep binge. I guess I'll be seeing you guys soon in the
stealth forum someday soon. ;) Is it invisible or am I missing something here?

NS can't see the forum... :asskick:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.