What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

becoming a legal smoker

Texas,
The doc who I saw for my certificate I think was retiring and my doc could hardly help me because they don't seem to have much of a network yet. It may be improving though. Another guy got his recommendation from his GP and a name of a doc to go to.
Do you have health Insurance? I would say when you get to Maui,check the yellow pages and make a few calls. I bet you will find the right doc., so far they have all been cool here.There is another group here that may be able to help but I'm not even sure of the name?!? Maybe the Cannabis Ministry or somethin? Oh boy, I'm having a rough week (life)

medicine man

G

Thanks Med Man,

I'll check with the guy over at TCC minisitry on Oahu and see what he has to say.

So about your week not going great "this too shall pass". Your livin in paridise so you've got the rest of us beat.

Tex Kid

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
DrJay2001 said:
Grass Valley? Hmmmm. could that be Dr. Mollie? Or (yes this is for real) Dr. Turnipseed? Both good eggs.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

It was Dr. Toy actually, he works with Dr. Banister and one or both of them come down to my area periodically to help out people who can't find a cannabis doctor.:cool:

DrJay2001

now at peace
That's a new one for me (Dr. Toy) thanks! Still, I'd love to have a doctor named Turnipseed :)

Yours,
Dr. jay

Elefunk

Im located in Australia, is there an source for medical Mj Card
in my town...
i have Glaucoma, backpain and Chronic Asthmatic
i find mj help regulate my breathing an reduces my pain

thanx
Ele

G

Elefunk

Elefunk

I just did a search for "Medical Marijuana Laws of Australia" and found a pile of info.

There appears to be some hope for you down under anyways

As far as were to get a cert. card, start researching, it looks like with your conditions you could get if it's available pretty easy

Texas Kid

hyperseth

a lot of things in this topic bother me..

but it's mostly the title.

i'm not a "legal smoker" and i don't want people thinking of me as that kind of character, i have more respect for my medicine than that.

G

Cost Related to Dr. Recommendations

Cost Related to Dr. Recommendations

Dr.Jay or anybody

What are the cost related to getting your Doctor recommendation? A freind of mine has a brother that lives in LA and is saying that it's just a form of extortion by the Doctors. He is claiming that when it's all said done, it will end up costing him around $1700.00 to get this recommendation. Is that right? He claims that you have to go to one doctor to pay for a recommendation to another doctor and pay this other doctor a fee and so on and so on. Does that sound right at all?

My guess (actuall I'm almost sure) is that he doesn't have a ligitamate medical claim and is in some way trying to take advantage of the laws to get a recommendation on the sly but, I do not know.

If you have a legitamate medical claim supported by many years of medical conditions and treatments that are specifically covered by the law, do you still get strong armed by the Doctors for money (just my opinion if true). Is it a situation were it is still considered shady by Doctors so they can continue to victimize legitamate patients?

I can not believe this is the case. I could see an office visit fee or even a monimal fee for there service that's one thing and understandable.

If my primary care physician tells me that I've got pony up $1500.00 to get a legitmate recommendation, I'll punch him in the eye.

What are cost related to different states: California, Hawaii, Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, Ohio, etc......

Thanks in advance for the input

Texas Kid

DrJay2001

now at peace
$1,500? No, I don't think so. Here in California the fees for the evaluation and recommendation range from $150-250 and less for renewals. This is true to my direct knowledge of Dr. Sturner, Dr. Jensen, and Dr. Denny.

Considering that these docs can spend hours in the evaluation it's a pretty reasonable fee.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Hey Tex, don't pay that kind of money, it's extortion. I paid 180.00 for my visit(in my area) but I have no permanent doctor or health insurance so the price was about right. It took about an hour for the exam but everything is legal and on the books now so I don't have to sweat it any more. Good luck to you.

cheap in Hawaii

cheap in Hawaii

My regular doc gave me a name of the doctor to call. I called him and told him my problem and who had sent me and we set up an appointment. Cool old guy, on the verge of retirement. I think he charged me $60 for the visit and I had to send $25 with the application to the Narcotics Enforcement Division. Too bad I didn't itemize on taxes this year...... I could have deducted these fees on my federal form....maybe costs of ferts and soil too!!! hahahaha

medicine man

G

Med Man

I'll have to have a regular doctor anyways for some additional pain management so possibly he can make the actual recommendation or send me in the right direction.

Killer to hear that's Hawaii's on the cheap.

Ya gotta love that.

Texas Kid

Rifstonian

the total cost for me was $150. I showed up with my prescription for vioxx for my knee and back problems and it took ten minutes for the Doc to give me the script. I cant believe it cost 1700 in LA. THe OCBC has a pharmacy down in LA , he should check them out.

Medical Marijuana

Medical Marijuana

Cost of doctor visit: $60.00
Application: $25.00
Growing supplies: $75.00

Getting pulled over at a DWI roadblock with a half ounce in the back seat and just smiling because you are legal and they can't touch you? PRICELESS!

medicine man

hyperseth

Re: Medical Marijuana

Re: Medical Marijuana

medicine man said:

Getting pulled over at a DWI roadblock with a half ounce in the back seat and just smiling because you are legal and they can't touch you? PRICELESS!
do you speak from personal experience?

G

I also can add to Rifstonian's comments on the Oakland club. I just got my card last week from the Oakland club. Brought in my prescription for Ambien and really that was all it took. The Doc was pleasant I explained the problems I was having showed him proof and boom. Next thing I know I'm in Oaklandam. There is one two doors down also that has very nice blue dolphin hash and good prices. Puts me right to sleep..no worries...no pills!

Cost $150 1 year

Latest posts

Latest posts