What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

becoming a legal smoker

Mystic

To everyone who are legal smokers: What are the prcedural rules to prop 215. For the past seven years I live with migranes. It wasn't until college I began to take meds. The worked great although the sleeping pills would leave me groggy the following morning. Since then I graduated from college and my former Medical provider Kaiser Permanente has cancelled coverage and are awaiting a new policy contract. Before I agree I need to know what to ask for. I have become a fan of many Sativa/indica variety's that remedy my aillment, my treat is documented. I live in Southern California right outside Los Angelas. Can you help me?

DrJay2001

now at peace
If you've found that cannabis helps your migraine then you might want to call either Dr. Denny in Lake Forest (Orange County) or Dr. Claudia Jensen (Ventura County). They will set up appointments with you and for about $150-200 will do an evaluation. Good luck!

Yours,
Dr. Jay

ps: There's also Dr. Sterner in El Cajon

Rifstonian

Hi!,
I just got my prescription a month ago and its the best thing thats happened to me since I discovered cannabis in 1977! the oakland doc was easy to talk to and very prompt.no hassles at all and going to the pharmacy now is my favorite field trip I could make!

G

Qualifiers ?

Qualifiers ?

Doc

What are the different conditions/ailments or for that matter what meds does the qualifying agency except for marijuana being a suitable treatment?

For example, over the years I have had times were Tegretol, Nueroten, desyril (sp) were given for different episodes of depression and siezures. I have blown out a lower disc between L5 and S1 and get epidural treatments with a steady regiment of vicodin, flexiril, viox, trazadone with vicodin and flexiril still continuing in pretty decent doses everyday. As if that's not enough, I am a cronic insomniac so I take sonata, ambein and melatonin or just stay up all night or two.

All of which I feel is significantly if not copletely offset by marijuana.

After all that I guess my question is it simply up to doctors recomendation or is there a master list or something that has been distributed by the gov. as means to qualify/disqualify patients?

Thanks in advance
Texas Kid

Rifstonian

Well Texas Kid I dont know if you are in Texas but here in California you would be in like Flynn.ANy one of those ailments would get you a script in Oakland. The depression, insomnia, back injury, etc., etc., would all qualify. I had my prescription for vioxx but the Doctor was more concerned with the actual pain I was in than anything.Insomnia alone I think would get you qualified.

I was pretty tripped out before I went in for the Dr. visit but was SO pleasantly surprised by the extremely helpful and understanding attitude of all at the clinic ( "compassionate caregivers" is so right on).

I cant beleive how much better I feel, both physically, and psychologically, since I got the script. Plus, being able to easily and legally obtain the RIGHT medicine for my specific needs is unbeleivable.
I used to think I couldnt smoke after 5 pm or I wouldnt be able to sleep. I didnt know that I needed indicas after five and not only would I be able to sleep, but I would sleep more,deeper and much more pain free than I have in YEARS.

I just cant smoke sativa that late.

Plus the third floor is just heaven on earth!~Although, more strain afficianados there would be more helpfull. not too muhc in depth knowledge has been found there for me. this place, however ROCKS!

good luck with your search.

G

I do find myself Texas currently but I am in transition to Hawaii and I believe they have similar laws as your prop. 215.

It's not as if I don't self medicate but it would be nice to have the comfort and assurance that Johnny Law isn't going to screw up you day or life for that matter.

I don't think Texas in all her glory will ever be more legally tolerant of marijuana. It's a shame because everybody smokes or would benifit from it here.

I'm alot like you on the Indicas, I love those at night to sleep. Sativas any later than about 5pm insures that I will be racing till the wee hours. If got some heavy hybrids going right now with Bog's LSD and Bogbubble, DP Mazar. I am about to start plating with Grape Punch, Orange Bud, and Sour Deisel

Thanks for the input

Tex Kid

Rifstonian

HAWAII!!!! Man that is paradise. coming from texas I'm sure it will seem even more so.
Although, I have to say that right now Nor Cali sure seems like paradise to me and I know what you mean about that feeling of ease( having a script). The availability as well as the variety available is mind blowing.
I also smoke cigars and have a sizeable collection. One day last year I said to my wife as I sorted and organized my collection " how cool would it be if this were ganga?" ANd now,thanks to some enlightened lawmakers, it is so.
I have read that in Hawaii these days local growers are not hassled due to the low amount of funds they have for state services lately. so the grow seen sounds unreal. supposedly the soil is magic.
I cant imagine the bliss of having a cannabis garden growing insane sativas - OUTDOORS- in pradise itself.

I am seriously thinking of retiring there in ten years or so.

just had a nice pipette of hawaiian sativa from the oaktown club with a dab of juicy fruit SM kif. the weekend has begun SO WELL already!!!

Rifstonian

Indicas

Indicas

I am only now begining to explore the various indicas available. I wish I had know I could sleep on herb before!! Now I want to try some afgan and kush varieties.

Before I was on a Sativa hunt.

Hawaii certification

Hawaii certification

You can get info at the Drug Policy Forum of Hawaii, www.dpfhi.org Only certain doctors can get you legal and they don't seem to keep a list. My Primary care doc gave me a name and I got my certificate. One visit and I got my ticket to burn. (For a crushed vertabrae, nausea and muscle spasms) Looks like you are qualified.
I am allowed 7 plants, with three in bloom at a time, plus 3 ounces of smokeable material. Still feels weird to be legal.

medicine man

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Being legal is a gift from God(and my doctor)! Paranoid feelings are a thing of the past and being able to transport from one location to another without any fear is something hard to describe. I've found some excellent cannabis clubs around the Clear Lake area in NorCal( I got it sorted out Doc ;))that stock my medicine, it's a long drive but the smoke is top of the line! As I grow outdoors I have to wait on the seasons so this helps out a great deal as I nurse my babies along.

G

Med. Man

Med. Man

If I remember, your on the Big Island. Was there a Dr. there or did you have to go to Oahu?

I will be in Upcountry Maui (around Haiku) or Hana. Really leaning towards Hana area.

I'm sure I'll be able to find a Doc on Maui without to much problem.

It's not clear in the statute I read, can you be a mmj patient and primary caregiver for other patients? In effect being able to increase your plant count at any one site to cover the other patients 7 plant quota.

Yourself = 3oz and 7 plant

2 other patients that designate you as a primary caregiver = 6oz and 14 plamts

Could you feasably have 9oz and 21 plants ant any one location provided you have all the correct registrations.

Reason being, I already have a person that is qualified but when I arrive he would like for me to take over his grow requirements as well as maintain my own. It's all therapy to me.

Thanks for the link

Texas Kid

=

G

I would also like the info also about Hawaii. I'll be moving to O'ahu in about a year. Looking for a Dr that isn't going to give me any pain pills. Rather smoke the cannabis for my pain, some of you already know, but i was ran over by a Tank in the Army and i'm in pain every day. Got to find a cool doctor on O'ahu. Good luck Texas Kid, maybe we could meet up in O'ahu some day, if that's where your going.
Later

Texas Kid,
Yes, I am on the Big Island. We do have docs on this island that will certify. I think that you CAN have your your own crop and be a caregiver (caregrower?) for others. There is a legal case going on here now where the stupid cops busted three sick people, all certified, at one house because they claimed they had too many plants and that they were not labeled for each person which plant was whose. There is no such labeling law, the cops made it up. The did actually return the dried marijuana to the people after handcuffing them and detaining them at the station for a while. Can you imagine a cop actually handing weed back to someone??? These people are real sick, I think MS and leukemia and there was quite a public outcry against the cops so I think it will turn out ok.

As you probably all know it is pretty easy to hit your 3 OZ. limit with the all-year growing season here. I have heard the stories of 14' plants with trunks like a 2 liter soda bottle. But all you need is a 2 1/2' plant for 2 ounces of bud.

BillyGoat,
Run over by a tank!! Dang, you're making me hurt more now! But the irony is, the feds don't think you should be able to use a plant for your pain you got in their army... I'm sure you can find plenty of doctors on Oahu.

Is the tide finally turning in favor of Medical Marijuana? What about other states besides here and Cali? Keep on voting and talk to your doc.

medicine man

G

Thanks for the input Med Man. Sounds like there will be at least a few test cases before I have to deal with it.

I leave Thursday for a week or so in Hana to recharge my brain.

Billy Goat
Sounds good, someday in paridise blaze on and wonder what the poor people are doing. Oahu just was never my thing, to much concrete, cars, roads, people, and subdivisions. I am a whole lot more reclusive than that and prefer a little more seclusion. The far end of Maui or the Big Island now that's paridise.

Take care

Texas Kid

G

Med Man,

Do you have the information(phone, address, etc..) on your General Practitioner or the Doctor he referred you to?

Even if I have to hop over to The Big Island no big deal initially.

Or even if I could just get a referal from them to another doctor on a Maui .

Thanks again

Tex Kid

racefan

KGB47 said:
Being legal is a gift from God(and my doctor)! Paranoid feelings are a thing of the past and being able to transport from one location to another without any fear is something hard to describe. I've found some excellent cannabis clubs around the Clear Lake area in NorCal( I got it sorted out Doc ;))that stock my medicine, it's a long drive but the smoke is top of the line! As I grow outdoors I have to wait on the seasons so this helps out a great deal as I nurse my babies along.

Hopkins is a cool Doc isn't he? Ever been to Eddys? I love looking at his grows as i drive past on highway 20.:)

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Didn't use Doc Hop, got one of my own that came down from Grass Valley(ironic,isn't it?)to the area I live. I haven't tried Eddy's as I don't know the location but I've heard good things about him(them?). I've been using the U.M.C.C. in Ukiah. If you have a phone#, could you send me a PM with the 411?

DrJay2001

now at peace
Grass Valley? Hmmmm. could that be Dr. Mollie? Or (yes this is for real) Dr. Turnipseed? Both good eggs.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Zoe

Vaporizing Matthew for Pain at Sensi

Vaporizing Matthew for Pain at Sensi

Heavenhigh WOW!!!! ..You guys I am having people every day now coming out of the wood work vaporizing for pain..TODAY>>was Matthew... A dear sweet young man from England that came with his ANGEL parents to vaporize,,,,,, What a nice young man..... Thank Matthew for the pleasure of helping you.. It was tough for you because I think everyone watching and all the excitment............But you hung in there even came back for a second try.. Matthew is stuck in a fucking wheelchair,,,,,,,,,.He is a victim of Ceribal Palsy... He has serious tremors... I watched immediate results. He started to smile this to me is the signal that the vapor is working....He will be coming on the web when he gets home .. This is how he communicates......I welcome him and his parents home.......HUGS......Later matthew.....Z.."Don't forget who you are"

Zoe

More help has arrived from the UK

More help has arrived from the UK

Heavenhigh WOW!!!!!!!!!!1! What great souls these three angels were...Today I had the pleasure of meeting three people from England............................ They run and own I do believe help@thc4ms.org.....This is "a medi-weed co-operative based in the UK that produces cannibis chocolate bars free of charge for Multible Sclerosis sufferers all that is required to be a recipient of cannibis chocolate is a Doctors note confirming diagnosis ofMS a weekly supply of canna-biz chpcolate will be sent upon request.........Thc4ms was originally founded in 1993 as a self help group working along side groups such as Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics (ACT)........ALSO!!!!! alongside this group THC.. This is a Medicinal cannabis consultancy and dispensary for registered patients with MS. HIV-AIDS, cancer, arthritis, and chronic pain.....www.THCWEB.CO.UK..............PLUS!!!!!ESpecially for THC registered patients there is this Health Advisory Service by E-Mail. Simply email your questions to :advice @theweb.co.uk.... last but not least is www.THCAMS.ORG.UK. They have over 1,000 regular recipients of their chocolate products.. I believe they are also help@thc4ms.org...........We are hoping they are at the "420 Cup" I honor them and will help network all I can. Thank You........Matthew thanks you ...........HUGS and many prayers.....Z

Latest posts

Latest posts