What's new

Be Honest! Who's getting 3lb/1k???

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
I did hydro for years and years. Went to soil then I started re-using it. Then I said in hydro whats the difference the root space some people do large/oversized pots I decided to use tables. Took plywood put 2/4's around it lined it with a couple of shower curtons and filled it with soil I had laying around.

So I took 3 gallon plastic pots cut the bottoms out then I place them in uncut pots and I fill them with soil from the previous round and veg them. Once they are big enough I take the outter bucket off and sit it on my flower bed. They root right in and go crazy.

When a round is done I cut out the plants and I take out the buckets and add lime, biotone starter plus, and Bonticare Pure Bloom and turn it old roots and all. Sit in the next round And bam they are off.
All in the same day.

Hydro growth without all the work. I dnt PH or TDS ever. There is a bit more to it but u get the just. Its just not the amount of light.

However I do know aero does serious. Kakalak from cylax brothers does some serious yeilds.
He says he gets 6 to 12 lbs from 3k strain dependent. But the weight per work for me is a trade off.

Hope this helps

T~P

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I get 6oz per plant of really good bud im very happy with that. I dont pay much attention to the yield as long as its really good...

Last edited:

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
If I get 6oz per plant of really good bud im very happy with that. I dont pay much attention to the yield as long as its really good...

Nice...
I agree with your thought process 100% Definitely not a bad way to look at things. I think consistency is a major key. And for me to always play a little and tweak otherwise I think boardem sets in.

T~P

D

DHF

Ghettogro does those numbers , but length of vegtime and strain dependent hybrids are the key to big plants........period.......

50/50 hybrids do better at stetch and providing the possibility of busting the gpw`s without outrageous vegtimes before flip to 12/12..but....I`m just sayin......

If it takes 2 months of veg before flippin Indica dominant hybrids and get anywhere close to 3 lbs per plant by end of cycle in another 2 months if you`re lucky , then efficiency and crops per yr go out the door with 3 crops in 12 months......but.....

All about where yer head`s at and what yer goals are........bottom line......

3 lb plants take time........period.....but doable if patience and genetics is on your side........

Peace....DHF......:ying:.......

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
I agree with everyones points. All educated answers and pics of prof.

For me....my main strains go....

From clone to flower is about 4 to 5 weeks of 24 hour veg. Ive had some plants that were 8oz some 6 some 4321... It depends. But over all yeild I record per system per crop. What strains how many of each plant was taken. I run everything mixed.

And yeilders are always not your best quility flowers. And aslo u push plants in the wrong direction it may yeild but again lack in quility. So you have to find strains that fit your routine. Produce and yet still have the quality. They are out there.
But you have to play and hunt.

For instance Out of one pack I have four phenos of GSOG out of four one has the whole package consistantly produces, dense rock nugs, and the quality (smell/potency) is there. Ive found 9 week strains that I take to 10 weeks perform the best.

Just my 2 cents.

T~P

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DHF said it rite on as usual.... RDWC big ass plants vert rare bulbs, vegged proper, 3lbs a light, i believe it.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Okay

1K bare bulb

(4) 4 x 4 ft walls

4 shelves per wall, 5 plants per shelf

20 plants per wall, 80 total

2 gal smart pots, pro-mix, blumats, ChemD, 65 days

trellis to hold up the colas as they stretch to the light.

prune off all future larf during stretch, this promotes the growth of the main colas.

3lb = 1344 grams

1344/80 plants = 16.8 grams per plant

---------------------------------------------------

okay, i did this once, 2 years ago. 17 g plants are a walk in the park. My problem replicating this run was my inability to come up with 80+ perfect clones. I mean PERFECT clones.

rbdf

edit. actually only had three walls; the access side had 4 sourD's(ave. 3 z per) that i could easily move to gain access to interior of the cube.

I have no need to lie or embellish my results. I have seen another member get close to three horizontally with 1K on a mover over 4 x 8 trays.

amber666

some amazing statistics here, some rubbish too.

i have never made it over 2g per w after years of getting to know just one girl. years of tweeking to pull that max...

some people have either got it sorted or i dont know what im doing.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
ive been perpetually cycling indoors in these 45gal smartpots now for a little over a year and the most i have hit on a 1kw light is 620g off of 1 plant it was sfv og kush x sour ... I grow in 5x10 tents 2 plants per tent 2kw per tent organic super soil mix, feed with organic teas.

in the past i have learned that if you SCROG a higher number of plants you will yield more compared to my 1 plant per light method

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
DHF said it rite on as usual.... RDWC big ass plants vert rare bulbs, vegged proper, 3lbs a light, i believe it.

I beleive it to. Seen some amaizing grows of this style for sure.

Okay

1K bare bulb

(4) 4 x 4 ft walls

prune off all future larf during stretch, this promotes the growth of the main colas.

3lb = 1344 grams

okay, i did this once, 2 years ago. 17 g plants are a walk in the park. My problem replicating this run was my inability to come up with 80+ perfect clones. I mean PERFECT clones.

rbdf

edit. actually only had three walls; the access side had 4 sourD's(ave. 3 z per) that i could easily move to gain access to interior of the cube.

I have no need to lie or embellish my results. I have seen another member get close to three horizontally with 1K on a mover over 4 x 8 trays.

Ive seen this also. Actually contemplated doing a stadium. It was to much for what Im doing.
But totaly works.

T~P

D

DHF

Okay

1K bare bulb

(4) 4 x 4 ft walls

3lb = 1344 grams

rbdf

Thanks RBDF.....Wasn`t gonna go into the "plant numbers dictate yield" sermon , cuz as yas stated above it`s hardta be consistent without a clone factory to find enough similarly rooted "picks of the litter" cuts to create that perfect sideways canopy with bare bulbs hangin ......but......

3 lbs per light is doable and more once yas wrap yer head around what it takes ta make it happen.........Proper watts per sq ft and perfect environment with the right hybrid monocropped will make yas happy , and sky`s the limit with bare bulbs and increased plant numbers OR horizontally once all ducks are in a row........Hell........

My crazy ass mad scientist Growbro`s on the left coast that`ve been sellin cuts to the clubs since Cali went wild wild west in the mid 90`s pull 4 lbs per 1KW with 4 x 4 and 4 x 8 flood and drain tables with un-cooled parabolic hoods EVERY run , but again........

Takes assloads of "perfect" rooted cuts that grow similarly , stretch , as well as swell the same till end of cycle to create that canopy ftw......they take the best cuts for the tables and sell the rest to the dispensaries...256-1/4 +/- oz budsicles per 4 x 4 area in 3" rockwool cubes every run consistently.....anyways.....

Many ways ta skin a mule.......things to ponder......

Peace......DHF......:ying:.........

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend of mine runs a 3 sided stadium which is a grow space 15' long x 11 x 11 with 6 tiers. Each side tier has 28 or 30 plants per tier and he has 28-42 combined at the back, he's using 5 600w ballasts running 12/12, and using the digilux halides in the overlaps. I do not know the lighting configuration, he utilizes the floorspace to great benefit with plants in moveable Ebb n flow beds on casters, and by moving the light footprint multiple times daily by flopping he deals with the matter. He is using a Hindu Kush hybrid which is chopped 52 days from flip. He regularly has 7 kilo + rooms.

I get between 13 and 25 grams per hindu clone in soil grown fast in bags with a flat garden. between 32 and 45 with a little veg time.

I suspect/know he is getting over 3/4 of an ounce per because of the bud size, its all (Kebabs) which if it were only 17-21 gram a plant he is doing exceptionally well for himself.

I know him personally and have for about 7 years he is very smart, and will retire with a big stack after a few more years.

I will add that the plant he uses plays the biggest part in the grow, firstly it is a local favourite around these parts, 2nd because of its resistant to P&D, 3rd it clones fast with high returns and 4th you can grow big trees far from the light source indoor gardening, all of these traits are mainly down to the genetics (or his selection) and and 5th because it flowers fast and is tolerant of the cold and this is key to his success with synchronized finishing, 6th would be the easy trim and then it's quality of quantity.

9 skunk hybrid plants per sqft should be doing a kilo + per 1 meter square using 600w in a basic soil grow with no pissing around.

RaNgEr RiCk

I was really close with my last 30 plant 4k run of Jedi kush. I hit 2.75 per light. 11.25 lbs for the 4k. Hope to bring that up to the 3lb per light mark with my current Jedi grow. The plants are in 7 gallon pots and veg for 6 weeks. No CO2, no air conditioning, organic supersoil.

M

MegaHermie

I've personally seen large UC grows that hit 3 per before (30k vert per room). But the fact is that no matter how good it looks the weed is some fake out shit. Looks great, high is strong, smell and taste are many steps below par. Just not worth it to me. If you own a disp and are trying to push product to the uneducated masses, it's fine. But UC erb will NEVER turn the heads of the upper tear of erb enthusiasts. With that being said I would rather get really good at coco and maybe one day hit those numbers with quality erb that pot snobs would enjoy.

I understand production and pushing product that doesn't really matter other than sales, but I'm not sure why people would try to get really good at something that will never be the best. Not to mention, if you fuck up your UC grow even just once. You just fucked your numbers so bad as an average, even if you get 3 per on the next few grows, you can't recover those numbers when you look at the big picture.

DrFever

Veteran
^^^^^^^^ hahahaha man i spewed my coffee all over my PC when i read your 11.25 pounds out of 4 k and 30 plants yo Ranger your telling us you had like 45 pounds wet there ???? lmaooooooooooo

M

MegaHermie

He's probably for real, the specific grow I was mentioning in my post was mostly the strain Deathstar. The jedi kush he is speaking of is (Deathstar x Swerve SFV male).. Another one of my buddies who does a small perpetual grow in 7 gal soil, hit 2.6 on his light of deathstar last week with no co2.. Deathstar can be a powerhouse if done right, tests around 22% also

RaNgEr RiCk

^^^^^^^^ hahahaha man i spewed my coffee all over my PC when i read your 11.25 pounds out of 4 k and 30 plants yo Ranger your telling us you had like 45 pounds wet there ???? lmaooooooooooo

Have no reason to lie to the pot snob community here at IC. Poopy teabags and pure knowledge can both verify the final weight.

D

DHF

Dewd.....You`re SUCH a class act.....

How did we get blessed with you and so much of your positive input...LMFAO....and......

Ranger......

Respect.....Onward and upward....:tiphat:.....

Peace....DHF.......:ying:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts