What's new

BC's 150 watt HPS/T5 Scrog Cab

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thank you blynx!!! yeah that Sharksbreath looks like it will be a blast to grow!! I'm still going to use this baby for awhile to come..the other cab has a long ways to go...I could'nt part with it!!
Thanks GrowBox420!!.. I have a pic of the design of the new cab, thats it for now..it looks real though..love that google sketch..
thanks StupidBoy!! This cab will be around for a long time...the new cab will take at least 100 hours to complete...no the AK has been off from the time I flipped..the TW did have longer buds though..its the T5's that stretch em...
Thanks green.is.good!!!nice to hear from you again!! Yeah it will be a combo cab..lol..scrog/sog..anything I can think of!!
Hello everyone:tiphat:
You all know that the AK is way ahead for the day its on right?? Well its bothered me to no end trying to figure why it matured so fast..I mean in 2 days ( the last 2 days) it went from the last pics to amber from top to bottom and some triches were degrading?..red hairs galore too..
I decided to get a friend to check it out too..He actually contributed to Jorges marijuana bible...he could'nt believe it either:)..its done completely in 43 days:wave:..I'm not kidding at all.. so I have grown a 60 day plant in 43 days..I could have cut it at 39...insane...all the strains I've grown have all matured way ahead of schedule..so now I need to know why???
I got 331.4 grams of wet very tight buds which is 3 o's for sure and a ton of sugar leaves...

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure..
picture.php

halfway through..it took 3 hours...sticky fun:jump:..
picture.php

not to mention I got barely any tiny buds..just all nummy ones like this:laughing:..25 of em...
picture.php

that whole 3 gallon tub was full of roots....no soil except for the top....lol...
picture.php

my work station:thank you:...
picture.php

the pics blurry but you can see the weight....

picture.php

picture.php

here's a few of the cola's..I have 6 trays just like it all full and happy:blowbubbles:

So, thats it for the AK..I'd love to hear comments on this....why so fast??
I cleaned up the cab, made some adjustments and now the Sharksbreath is in her new home...
I will be back with pics asap
Thanks

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
So now I gues its BC's Sharksbreath scrog..lol...I've been reading up on this strain...loves heavy nutes, finishes in 8-9 weeks but with me 43 days...lol...what's up with that anyways??? plus its a heavy producer..I really want to see if I can get closer to gram per watt this time...
here's some more pics...:)

picture.php

I moved the screen up to the perfect height and made sure it will NOT move..no more burnt buds...I also crammed 4 gallons of Pro-mix with beneficial bacteria into the container....
picture.php

there are 6 tops now which is great:)..the yellow pipecleaner is holding the chicken wire together in that spot..couldn't see and I snipped it cutting the AK:comfort:...
picture.php

this is all the scissor hash I got..yeah there is a couple leaves but man was it sticky...you can even see triches:)
So I really hope you all stay around for another grow!! would'nt be any fun without you all:)
Thanks again everyone

LeenieBean

awesome. FYI I think that my final decision to get a 150 w to do a scrog was influenced heavily by this thread. Still have to set stuff up in there but have a couple little ladies growing up now getting prepped. Hard to decide what to flower when you're working with just one strain at a time, but thinking Dinafem Power Kush possibly, as thats one of the most far ahead ones right now. Giving me inspiration and lots of great ideas from your cab design!

Keep up the good work!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah bc ur Ak looks really kick ass. but maybe its just me but I can still see a lot of white hairs on them buds.
eather way ur harvest looks very dank for sure.

and Im alwase down for watching any of ur grows. bro man.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great BC! great scrog :)

i think the SB is a winner for an indica that still has a bit of head to it. really sits you on your ass and a great yielder. the cut i have goes at least 10 weeks but looks a bit more sativa than yours....

VG

Strangely

Another impressive notch on your green head board BC!

Will the SB be the last girls in that cab then, what with the new bigger lamp on the cards? I can't believe you're putting more power in the same size space you madman!! :)

W

Wookieefoot

So now I gues its BC's Sharksbreath scrog..lol...

LMAO. Yeah, that was pretty fast and unexpected. Hrm... definitely need a smoke report on your AK48... Now for the SB!

Like others have said, BC. I really dig your setup. I'm trying to recreate some of your success. My cab is slow going, but coming along. Just picked up some SunBlaze HO T5's to compliment the 150 HPS. Was your carbon filter a DIY? How is it holding up, any smells?

Kudos on the AK48!

StupidBoy

Great harvest BC :jump: I thought that AK would finish up right on time or sooner. How long you figuring on letting that SB veg?

GrowBox420

As always BC looks great!!! I am working on getting the funds to take you nutes list and apply it to my garden because I think that and the way you talk to the lady is how you are getting such nice buds. How long does your smoke last you looks bomb man, Im dying to get that 3-4 oz's you are pulling.

What are your specs for your little drying facility you have there?

Congrats again...

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thank you Leeniebean!! keep coming back!! ..lol..
hello mr cheese!! Thanks!! Yeah there is alot of white hairs but for this AK, I had to go by the trich coverage and how parts were already dying..I found out I gave her 1 dose too much of BudBlood in the first week...I did'nt want to chop yet at all..
Thank you VG!!! You have taught me ( and many others) soo much!! Thanks..Yeah my SB leaves do look fatter..i'm really looking forward to this grow!
Hey Strangely!! thanks!! No, I'll grow the SB right out in this cab..its going to take weeks just to build the cab! Its because I'm doing it by myself for security reasons of course..lol...
Hello and thank you Wookieefoot!! I made her die too fast...the AK..lol..too much of a good thing isn't always good...I use a store bought scrubber now..it got too annoying refilling it..lol..this one is a 4 inch and the link is below..its good for 3 years too..and cheap..
http://www.westcoastgrowers.com/carbonfilters.htm
Thanks StupidBoy!! I will wait till the screen is half full then flip..I don't know how this will stretch..
thank you GrowBox420!! If you buy the bottles that I use, it will last you a year of straight growing..micro growing of course so its well worth the money..It is a proven fact that talking to plants makes them healthier..plus I'm always inspecting for nasties, trimming leaves etc..so spending alot of time helps too..
Hello everyone:wave:
Its day something of veg...lol.. but day 3 in the cab so thats what I'll go by....
I wasn't too happy having to cut the AK this early but the buds are very compact and sticky..not to mention its strong..
So an early smoke report before curing...the taste isn't the best but not awful either so I give it a 5..the high is crazy though:jump: so thats an 8..I made some isohash and its very potent..
here are many new pics to enjoy:tiphat:
picture.php

here's a couple cola's..you can see there is alot of red hairs..the flash was on before...
picture.php

picture.php

here's the SB..I'm using just the T5's for now..watch how fast she'll grow..at least I hope so...my friend uses them too and his plants go nuts...:)
picture.php

really like those leaves:artist:

picture.php

3 SB clones so i will keep the strongest..

picture.php

here is the inside of my drying box..1 fan is intake and 1 is exhaust with a small scrubber for any smell..works great..the screens are 1 inch pine cut to size then nailed together with Hardwarecloth leftover from my scrubber...plus an adjustable power supply so the buds don't dry too fast..I did that once...I can fit almost 3 O's of buds in this baby...lol..

picture.php

this is the outside of my drying boxes..just 2 plastic tubs converted ala ICmag style:)
picture.php

and this is a micro of the AK48...before curing..
Hope you all stay tuned and please keep the feedback coming:thank you:!!
Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
Looking awesome BC, so the ak did finish by 48 days, intersting!!! Very frosty!!! Cant wait to see the SB in full flower!!! this is going to be a good one

heater76

Wow my friend what a excellent job!! the Ak48 buds looks strong for sure and the SB shes fantastic. So down here im just testing some seeds and having fun in my balcony with some basil LOL. Heres some pics. .The seeds are from a good smoke(bagseed) ans looks to me like another 10-13 weeks tropical sativa:whip: and the basil ,love to cook with it and the smell its so good. hey |BC hows tha new cabs going and where ur Kitty? i miss ur cat lets see some photos. Happy growing bro!!!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
:)Thanks Govinda for the info and kind words!!
Thanks green.is.good!!! I'd have liked to have let the AK go a little longer but its my fault..I gave her heavy doses of budblood which made her flower and end very early...some bigger growers do that and we get ripped off...its still excellent smoke and even better now!!!
Thanks heater76!!! nice to hear from you too! I love basil!! i even just eat the leaves..lol..sativa looks sweet!!!! the cab is still a lond ways off but I'll get pics soon..I also have pics of my insane cat:cathug:lol..
hello everyone:wave: its nice to be back yet again:)
The Sharksbreath is looking very nice now..Its day 5 of bloom and I'm trying something a little different..instead of lots of smaller cola's, I'm going for 8 BIG ones..I hope anyways:)
here's some pics to enjoy..
picture.php

these branches you see here are the only ones I'm letting mature...she has 4 gallons of nummy soil to fill up yet so I'm hoping my plan works:)

picture.php

picture.php

here's my trick on keeping temps perfect..that hose is bringing fresh air in which is not only cool, but full of cO2.....

picture.php

the isohash I made from the leaves;)
picture.php

and this would be my cat...lol...she has eaten up so many growing plants, its not funny...
picture.php

the cat is hooked on those leaves...goes right to sleep 10 minutes later...lol..
picture.php

Thats all the pics I have for now but I'm really looking forward to hearing from you all again..
Thanks

GrowBox420

I cant wait to see the 8 big buds do you think you will be able to get the same amount of weight?

That ISO hash is tasty you got a lot there how did you do that mine turned into a little pea sized ball?

Keep it up BC as always nice to see you back in action again.

hazydreams

awesome job man. im interesteds to see what your 8 large colas weight as compared to the many small buds, more, less, 6 in one hand a half dozen in the other? time will tell.

m4c

Wow I wasn't here for only a week and You've allready cut down the AK! Awesome, and incredibly fast as well.

PS. What do You use to measure ph?

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey Sgt.Stedenko!!..lol...
Thanks GrowBox420!! I'm hoping for the same weight but we'll see...were the leaves dry?? How much leaf matter/buds did you use?
Thanks hazydreams!! time will tell for sure...got pics of my cat!! lol...she's a leaf eating machine..lol..never have to throw them in the garbage anyways...
Thanks m4c!!! I will post a pic of my tester tonight..its a Hanna waterproof ph/temp tester...to me, its worth the extra bucks and as long as I take care of it..lol..it will last..
Hey everyone..I will post pics tonight...she is growing VERY slow though...

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
:tiphat:Hello everyone!!
Time for an update and of course more pics:)
Its day 8 and the beginning of week 2 of bloom..she's finally growing again..I transplanted her in the huge container so I'm assuming it took awhile for the roots to set....I'm not knowing...
here's some pics for ya...
picture.php

this is the ph tester I have now..I've used strips/drops/cheap pens etc. so this is a great investment..:)

picture.php

not the best pic but it shows how close to the screen I have her:wave:...I also cut leaves( fed them to cat..) and a few small clones..I'm trying to keep the buds to a minimum and see if I can grow some monster cola's..the biggest I've grown was 69 wet and 15 dry...that was trainwreck in a pc...

picture.php

this pic is more clear...she's drinking 2litres every second day but the roots are filling in fast...
I have a Moby Dick seed which is half white widow and haze..has anyone heard of it??
Thats all the pics I have for today but I do hope to hear from you:)
Thanks everyone

Last edited: