What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bay Area pot raids net 10 arrests and 22 pounds of marijuana

deepcover

Without law enforcement, there would be anarchy.

This statement does not back up your position in any way. When anarchistic societies have existed they have been characterized as peaceful, brotherly, loving, etc... until they are smashed out by state apparatuses. Stop repeating the words on the tv and think for yourself. The threat of force and violence impressed on us everyday by LEO is far worse than any imagined future event that might occur without police protection. Murder, rape, war are all a fact of life and will never stop. But law enforcement and police powers are institutionalized. Police violence exists because police exist. I may not be able to tell you how to stop people from being so bad to each other, but I can tell you how to end police violence at this moment: GET RID OF ALL COPS

of course what I've said is just too far out for you to comprehend

zbenjii

This statement does not back up your position in any way. When anarchistic societies have existed they have been characterized as peaceful, brotherly, loving, etc... until they are smashed out by state apparatuses. Stop repeating the words on the tv and think for yourself. The threat of force and violence impressed on us everyday by LEO is far worse than any imagined future event that might occur without police protection. Murder, rape, war are all a fact of life and will never stop. But law enforcement and police powers are institutionalized. Police violence exists because police exist. I may not be able to tell you how to stop people from being so bad to each other, but I can tell you how to end police violence at this moment: GET RID OF ALL COPS

of course what I've said is just too far out for you to comprehend

I think that you have a right to your own opinion but I think you are wrong. I don't think a lawless society can function. For example, in the business of selling marijuana illegally, you are far more likely to encounter robberies. The reason for this is because neither the seller nor the buyer can go to the cops if they get screwed over. It's pretty obnoxious to say that I may not be able to comprehend what you are saying because of my views. However, my views are built up by experience. I understand that you believe that the amount of crime now is constant but I disagree with that. Crime fluctuates. I think it fluctuates with the severity of punishment. I believe that having no laws would affect the crime rate. This isn't based on what the media has shown to me just my knowledge human nature/behavior.

Furthermore I think that what you're saying sounds like a lot of rhetoric. LEO never caused any pain to me. In fact, there has been an increase in burglaries in my neighborhood in the recent past. I feel a lot safer now since the LEO's around here have been watching out for burglaries.

The behavior and attitude of the modern run of the mill LEO in America is definitely representative of a breakdown from the original intent of law enforcement.

We need LEO, yes, but how can some very common behaviors/attitudes of modern LEO be justified? They are supposed to protect and serve...instead they harass, shoot early, destroy property unnecessarily. Modern LEO rarely just "follows orders"...a lot of them truly have an insane attitude where they will easily break procedure and impose their own values on a situation to deliver justice.

Modern LEO is an abomination of what a police force should be in a modernized society. Seriously, our leo's behave in an archaic ludicrous way that is at odds with sustaining a healthy citizenry and society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0 I know this video has been around, but it gets at exactly what I'm saying. Madness, heh, and so far gone from the original intent of what law enforcement is supposed to do for a society.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
vigilante justice will get more done faster and the right way.

you do some fucked up shit, jail is the least of your worries.

this would drop the world population, but face it, the ones having justice served are probably ones we could spare anyways.

Today's cops are nothing but a tool for the big business machine that is law. You think the first goal of a cop is to "protect and serve"? ahahaha no.

zbenjii

It's all relative. LEO like any other group of people have flaws. People in a position of power have the option of abusing it. They can improve, but I think it's being blown out of proportion. The cops shot protesters with rubber bullets. If this is classified as excessive force, there may be a law suit. That's the point of court. It seems to me this is a modern, high functioning law enforcement body. They are using rubber bullets.. and there is a court system that can be used if rights are violated.

Check out this video of a Mexican LEO soliciting a bribe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OglEqjRFo
5:45 is where he explains what the LEO said to him. Now I can understand how you can say the LEO in Mexico are very destructive. They essentially do policing very poorly and it's horrible for the Mexican economy and standard of living. In the USA, LEO is pretty dang good with a few incidences of police brutality and excessive force.

Every human being has the propensity to be greedy, lazy, and selfish. It's human nature.

CrazyCooter

Every human being has the propensity to be greedy, lazy, and selfish. It's human nature.

Every human being also has the propensity to be charitable, industrious, and kind. The environment has a lot of influence over which way they will go.

The greediest, laziest, and most selfish humans are our "leaders" who use the police state to keep their position atop our greedy, lazy, and selfish society. Without LEO, the charitable, industrious, and kind humans might do something about the greedy, lazy, and selfish ones. I don't believe the "haves" want to share, care, or work when they can make the "have nots" support them.

zbenjii

Every human being also has the propensity to be charitable, industrious, and kind. The environment has a lot of influence over which way they will go.

The greediest, laziest, and most selfish humans are our "leaders" who use the police state to keep their position atop our greedy, lazy, and selfish society. Without LEO, the charitable, industrious, and kind humans might do something about the greedy, lazy, and selfish ones. I don't believe the "haves" want to share, care, or work when they can make the "have nots" support them.

how does the rich and powerful use law enforcement to keep on being greedy, lazy, and selfish. From my experience, those who are more wealthy have worked harder and smarter.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
how does the rich and powerful use law enforcement to keep on being greedy, lazy, and selfish. From my experience, those who are more wealthy have worked harder and smarter.

And could it be that the harder working smarter more powerful / wealthy use that wealth and power to protect THEIR entrenched interests; including but not limited to stomping out potential competitors?

I wish your police would have helped me and many families I know avoid the financial pain of the real estate bubble / mortgage bond fraud. Unfortunatly billions in direct fraud and trillions in collateral damage has rocked this country. At least you are happy that LEO is patrolling in your neighborhood and potentially stopping petty theft. Meanwhile wallstreet and K street has already stolen thousands from each house on the block :tiphat:

Maybe we should have TSA / Postal worker jobs for everyone, then I'm sure there'd be no crime ;)

:joint:

BongRipkenJR.

Most people dont realize how deep the asian gangs out here run. They arent just kids in hondas. They are young and old. I know in Sacramento we have a big problem with the Asian Fish gang. I personally like them doing that shit. It keeps the heat off of everyone else.

zbenjii

And could it be that the harder working smarter more powerful / wealthy use that wealth and power to protect THEIR entrenched interests; including but not limited to stomping out potential competitors?

I wish your police would have helped me and many families I know avoid the financial pain of the real estate bubble / mortgage bond fraud. Unfortunatly billions in direct fraud and trillions in collateral damage has rocked this country. At least you are happy that LEO is patrolling in your neighborhood and potentially stopping petty theft. Meanwhile wallstreet and K street has already stolen thousands from each house on the block :tiphat:

Maybe we should have TSA / Postal worker jobs for everyone, then I'm sure there'd be no crime ;)

umm how did wall street steal anything? banks made loans to individuals so they can buy houses. Prices of houses went down and some individuals can't make payments and foreclose. The house is sold at a much lower price than it initially sold for. Mortgage payments are much lower than before. Buyers of houses lose as well as "wall street" or um banks lol. Securatization of mortgages were originated and sold creating volatility when housing prices fell. Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns (investment banks or "wall street") go bankrupt. The economy in general suffers. Yeah I guess all of wall street really benefited from this. I've noticed that a lot of the sentiment from the economic downturn has bred a lot of false information.

Anyone in any business has the incentive to "stomp out competition." If marijuana is fully legalized, only the best, most determined growers and investors will come out on top. Competition is what creates value.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Not the thread for this. Get up to 50 posts and I'll PM you some book titles, frontline episodes, news paper articles, and the like. I'm really sorry for you that you have been a part of this cannabis community for a year and a half like me, but all of your posts have been over this shit. Too bad you aren't as passionate about growing cannabis as you are in maintaining and protecting the status quo. You were the guy who talked about us being protected from fraud by the pigs, but don't seem to mind that billions were directly defrauded.

And the mortgage fraud on a GRAND scale has crushed the NET WORTH of all home owning Americans (even those who have no fucking mortgage).

Have fun with the safety patrols and when you are at 50 posts we can discuss this further.

zbenjii

Not the thread for this. Get up to 50 posts and I'll PM you some book titles, frontline episodes, news paper articles, and the like. I'm really sorry for you that you have been a part of this cannabis community for a year and a half like me, but all of your posts have been over this shit. Too bad you aren't as passionate about growing cannabis as you are in maintaining and protecting the status quo. You were the guy who talked about us being protected from fraud by the pigs, but don't seem to mind that billions were directly defrauded.

And the mortgage fraud on a GRAND scale has crushed the NET WORTH of all home owning Americans (even those who have no fucking mortgage).

Have fun with the safety patrols and when you are at 50 posts we can discuss this further.

What you said doesn't correlate with what i've been reading or you are exaggerating what those sources are saying. I could argue that it was the parties purchasing houses as an investment thinking that the price would just keep increasing. I don't necessarily believe that. I don't believe it was fraud that caused home prices to decrease. The only reason I made an account on icmag was to make use of the search function. That and icmag seems like the most professional forum for growers. I've been lurking for a while.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
What you said doesn't correlate with what i've been reading or you are exaggerating what those sources are saying. I could argue that it was the parties purchasing houses as an investment thinking that the price would just keep increasing. I don't necessarily believe that. I don't believe it was fraud that caused home prices to decrease. The only reason I made an account on icmag was to make use of the search function. That and icmag seems like the most professional forum for growers. I've been lurking for a while.
Off-Track, but...
They are called NPLs (Non-Performing Loans). Same thing happened in Japan in the '90s, 'cept it was commercial not residential real estate. Our country is unique in the large proportion of individuals that own their own home.
When you can PM send us a note, we can start a thread to 'school' everyone in the mechanics of this 'housing bubble', seen it before, we'll see it again. But this time I'm gonna get in on the action.
:blowbubbles:
P.S. We can also argue over the correlation between the Fed's (Federal Reserve Bank) 'quantitative easing' and the Chinese's manipulation of the Yuan. China argues a good point.

FCDobbs

Zebenjii,
"umm how did wall street steal anything? banks made loans to individuals so they can buy houses. Prices of houses went down and some individuals can't make payments and foreclose. The house is sold at a much lower price than it initially sold for. Mortgage payments are much lower than before. Buyers of houses lose as well as "wall street" or um banks lol. Securatization of mortgages were originated and sold creating volatility when housing prices fell. Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns (investment banks or "wall street") go bankrupt. The economy in general suffers. Yeah I guess all of wall street really benefited from this. I've noticed that a lot of the sentiment from the economic downturn has bred a lot of false information. "

If you really believe that horsepucky you are ignorant, stupid, or my wife. You're over simplifacation of the situation is juvinile at best. Try learning about The fed, the people who started the fed and other FACTS about world finance and the few who control it.
With respect to the LEO shitbags and the rational that they are just doing thier jobs. That is so obsurd on so many June Cleaver levels I wont even delve into it.

no offense intended

zbenjii

Zebenjii,
"umm how did wall street steal anything? banks made loans to individuals so they can buy houses. Prices of houses went down and some individuals can't make payments and foreclose. The house is sold at a much lower price than it initially sold for. Mortgage payments are much lower than before. Buyers of houses lose as well as "wall street" or um banks lol. Securatization of mortgages were originated and sold creating volatility when housing prices fell. Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns (investment banks or "wall street") go bankrupt. The economy in general suffers. Yeah I guess all of wall street really benefited from this. I've noticed that a lot of the sentiment from the economic downturn has bred a lot of false information. "

If you really believe that horsepucky you are ignorant, stupid, or my wife. You're over simplifacation of the situation is juvinile at best. Try learning about The fed, the people who started the fed and other FACTS about world finance and the few who control it.
With respect to the LEO shitbags and the rational that they are just doing thier jobs. That is so obsurd on so many June Cleaver levels I wont even delve into it.

no offense intended

No offense, but you didn't show anything. I'm not sure if you can really classify the federal reserve as wall street since it is a government entity. Looking at the people that run the federal reserve tells you nothing about stealing. I'm surprised at the amount of conspiracy theorists there are. The federal reserve did not create a mortgage crisis, not on its own at least, and the mortgage crisis was not directly created by stealing. Pointing fingers in such a manner is indicative of ignorance.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
All right ZB how about you just quit or start a thread based on law, politics, and economics.

FYI The federal reserve is a NON government entity chartered by the US congress 100 years ago. Were the fed a GOVERNMENT entity then Ron Paul would have been able to get an audit done. You seem to speak out of your ass often and again it is off topic.

zbenjii

All right ZB how about you just quit or start a thread based on law, politics, and economics.

FYI The federal reserve is a NON government entity chartered by the US congress 100 years ago. Were the fed a GOVERNMENT entity then Ron Paul would have been able to get an audit done. You seem to speak out of your ass often and again it is off topic.

I think your motivation is to stop someone from disagreeing with what you think. This is a forum and maybe i got off topic, but it was part of the discussion. This isn't off topic if it was made the topic by comments of false allegations against wall street and LEO. People claim that there is all this fraud that caused a recession. Not true. They claim that the fed stole money?? I did some reading and the federal reserve system isn't exactly a government entity. but its "authority is derived from the U.S. Congress and is subject to congressional oversight." it's not private either.

You say that the mortgage crisis was caused by fraud. Then you tell me i'm speaking out of my ass. No. The mortgage crisis was caused by the government subsidizing low income housing, credit agencies rating mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps higher then they should have been, and the speculative purchasing of real estate. You are spreading lies under the facade of truth and false confidence.

you are obnoxious in trying to silence me. Which is funny because you would probably claim that Wall street, the "man", and LEO have tried to do the same to you. You exemplify those characteristics that you claim to hate the most.

ijim

wow, i agree with the guy in the news page forum, that it is meth that is ruining our kids, (and adults, there are 40-50-60 year old men tweeked out of their skull, riding bmx bikes, dumpster diving and stealing everything that isnt bolted down, (and even then they sometimes have cordless sawsalls ) all over our little town) i wish they would stop arresting "pot smokers", and hit "tweek freaks" and their cookers. stealing power, lol, stupid., i feel bad for the ppl who own the house, sounds like they were the real victims,

They didn't arrest pot smokers they arrested a drug gang that grew for illegal sales. The same people that will produce crack and meth for profit. I am pleased that the editor of the paper included that their was no evidence that these people were involved with medical cannabis. More editors should be as responsible.

Latest posts

Latest posts