What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Battlefield 3, anyone???

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Jets are worthless... Maybe I'm just to high to fly

Honestly my favorite map so far has been operation metro. Only map that doesn't have fucking vehicles.

The game runs on ultra with just one 6970 oc to 1ghz, I add my second card and it's as smooth as butter.

you get heat seeking missiles and shit once you luckily kill something a few times with the gun. Once I spent 20 mins in one game on caspian just flying the jets and not givin a shit about anything else just so I could get the hang of it. I'm better now, but still shitty.

super fun thing to do is get the engineer class with anti tank mines, hop in a buggy or other fast vehicle and get to the enemy vehicles, drop a mine down right infront of it so whoever gets in, as soon as they go forward, BOOM.

vta

Veteran
super fun thing to do is get the engineer class with anti tank mines, hop in a buggy or other fast vehicle and get to the enemy vehicles, drop a mine down right infront of it so whoever gets in, as soon as they go forward, BOOM.

I'm having fun putting c4 on tanks...sneak up and BOOM

I just hope the come out with a mod kit so Project Reality can come out with a mod.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just got a new graphix card and 1000w power supply, should be up and playing by tonight....

TB Gardens

Veteran
Meh. So far I'm not too impressed with multiplayer.. I can't put my finger on it, but I liked the way BFbc2 felt better. No mor death circles in the choppers :-/ damn I'm gunna miss flying 2ft off the ground zipping in & out of buildings, then swinging momentum & throwing the chopper into a gnarly circle de_stroying everyone. I messed around on firestorm for a while & started to get th hang o them, it's gunna be efferent that for sure... I'll figure it out ;-)

Jets = no problemo, so easy to fly & get kills I think.. Just go far out, high to low, line up early & go guns a blazing

I'm REALLY liking the single player, which is out of character for me.. I usually don't care for them. But this story line & gameplay is amazing! Like your in a movie ;-)

One day - when your getting ripped apart by a chopper dong things you thought not possible - remember it's me :tiphat:

STUPPA

WOOOOHOHOOOOO! :jump: got it installed at last , been playing the campaign and wow it is awesome it looks real ffs!

I love the 12 gauge :D boomstick!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
fuuuuck yeah I love helicopters!!!!

if you can't really fly for shit like I couldn't for a few days, play the second co-op mission and just mess around and get the feel for em, I'm doin' sweeping banking turns while lighting up enemy infantry now, shit's the bomb! I don't even really care if I win or lose, so long as I get to fly around and blow some shit up!

oh and slugs in a shotgun with a sight=sniping with a shotgun, people get pissed when you kill em across the map with a shotty hahaha.

STUPPA

Yep those choppers took some getting used to lol ,i started playing that co-op but my partner keeps bailing on me so i have to start it again from beggining, it does look incredible tho .

I don't know about you in the US but in europe we have serious probs with the server browser and battlelog , could not even get onto a game yesterday as i am disconnected as soon as i join or at the end of the round. It is pretty frustrating and i hope they sort it out soon cos i now have a awesome game that i just cannot play.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
yeah they've been having lots of server issues, it seems to be working a lot better since yesterday though. They had a statement on the multiplayer page about the quickmatch not working 100% and they are workin on it so I have faith.

battlelog is fine for me, though I rarely get disconnected from a game, it happened today after I had a great game with the jets and of course, didn't keep the points :(

I think once they figure out the server BS and fine tune the connections or w/e it's gonna be great.

THC123

Veteran
i tried it at a friends place and wont be buyign BF3

it is too much like COD and i hate what they did to the jets and choppers, plus all those city maps are lame and boring

i'll stick with BF2

i just dont get it

if something isnt broke, why fix it?

Plus i also think that pc games look more and more like console games these days but with a lil bit better graphs

they used to make games especially for pc taking full advantage of the hardware

now it is simple like consoles but a bit smoother and better but you can see it was made for consoles, and consoles just suck for fps(i have a ps3 but will never ever play fps games on it)

STUPPA

I do not play it because of fucking origin spywre.
hope you guys boycott it too.

I'm not too happy about having to use origin ,more than anything it is just mad having to run 3 different progs just to play 1, like when i click start on bf3 icon and then origin and firefox boot up ! it's like WTF? .

i 'm not too bothered about spying tho i mean look how many people are playing this game there must be millions, EA are prob more interested in sending you some spam for your next game more than anything else.
Their software looks through your drive but that is no different to alot of other stuff ,punkbuster has to look on your drive aswell to work.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
hahahah! thats some funny shit, I never knew you could do that. I wonder if you can go forward/back without falling off too. your own lil hovercraft.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahah! thats some funny shit, I never knew you could do that. I wonder if you can go forward/back without falling off too. your own lil hovercraft.

Not used the MAV myself, so I dunno about the direction thing, but I do know people are using it to access areas of maps that they shouldn't be able to and get their snipe on.