What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Battlefield 3, anyone???

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I played for about 30-40 min last night. I had to shut it off because the EA servers kept kicking the games offline. I'll give it some more time today.

A few notes.....

- the 1.3gb dl took well over an hour... far longer than normal. Most likely because half the world was dl'ing the beta at the same time.

-They brought prone back. Luckily you can still spot with the back button because you can't tell if they're lying prone or dead. And everyone is prone....

-Graphics were meh. Visual gliches all over. Some were pretty funny... like seeing the camo pattern get shot off a teammate and fly through the air as he falls to the ground and dies. I assume the graphics are less than stellar because i'm playing the dumbed down 360 version. I'll hold judgement until i see the final product.

-M16 (or M4 or whatever i was using as assault) switches from semi to full auto with button push. It's nice to be able to go from suppression fire to precision fire with a button push. I like that.

- The map choice (METRO) was kinda lame. Subway station with train cars and an above ground city block. No usable vehicles and no environmental destruction. GIVE ME CASPIAN BORDER!

Secrecy

Re: Battlefield 3, anyone???

Battlefield 3 beta all settings maxed out...

955 @ 4ghz 2 6970 crossfire and I want my damn 8150 bulldozer

Hurry the Fuck up Amd!

Keep it green

Secrecy

Re: Battlefield 3, anyone???

Oh shit did you happen to see the locked caspian border servers??

64/64 players!

Rumors that CB will be released soon

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I can't wait to play the beta tomorrow on xbox, gonna use black ops as a drink coaster to remind me just how shitty it was.

Lung.Butter

I bought bf3 for pc a couple of days ago via the origin site, still no beta access :(
I did get in the alpha though, amazing game. Hopefully it'll let me in today.

STUPPA

can you prone/ly down in BF3?

i hated all Bf' s since BF2 that one was da bomb

IT will be a massive waste of time if you cant , a war game where you cant lie down ? what kind of shit is that.

seriously tho you can go prone yes? getting me worried now lol

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I'm 99.9% sure some of the leaked gameplay footage on youtube shows people prone.

I dont really care about that I wanna fly some fuckin jets and drive tanks over people!

THC123

Veteran
what kind of shit is that.

seriously tho you can go prone yes? getting me worried now lol

you couldnt prone in BF BC

i played that game for like 2 minuted and said ok fuck that

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
ok I'm now 100% positive you can lie prone in BF3.... I'm playin the beta right now.

this is the first time I've touched BF anything and I love how its everything CoD isn't.

still learning but I hope I can convince my online buddies to "rise above the call" (haha I love how they put that as a tagline at the end of one of their newer trailers)

THC123

Veteran
this is the first time I've touched BF anything and I love how its everything CoD isn't.

yeah fo sho

i played COD maybe 5 times , so sorry i bought it

graphics are great but the game is monotonous and boring not to mention claustrophobic

ok I'm now 100% positive you can lie prone in BF3.... I'm playin the beta right now.

k guess i'll Dl the beta

Latest posts

Latest posts