What's new

Battle of Kandahar

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright they all look like winners! Thanks for sharing!

Those are some good indicas and it looks like its mold resistant somewhat from the moderate density.

Looking forward to this one! How many more day of vegetative stage?

rindindoo

@Harpua
I perfectly understand you, "if you have already started collecting seeds, then it is very difficult to stop", I allowed myself to paraphrase a little Hunter Thompson from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :)
you are absolutely right, you can’t do without a strategy (given the limitations of space and time, which are always few), before starting the playback cycle, it would be good to think about the company of fellow travelers, sometimes, some things will not work out without “randomness and luck”. I always take clones from each plant participating in the race so as not to bite my elbows if this turns out to be something out of the ordinary. someday I will show off my collection for future races, but for now, like Gollum, I take out my jewelry box and salivate :)

rindindoo

@pipeline
Thank you! comrades who grew Kandahar SP in northern latitudes note a rather high resistance to mold, as for a plant from a dry region. also due to the presence of a tropical gene from Malawi that affected the density of the buds and possibly betrayed the resistance to mold + reduced flowering time due to the autoflowering gene.
today exactly 49 days of vegetation, at the moment 4 females have been selected and transplanted into 5 liter pots. I will try to synchronize the report with the real course of events in the near future. because I am also annoyed by the reception of filmmakers to end the series on the most interesting and keep the audience in suspense until the next weekend :)

rindindoo

35 days of vegetation

Bodhi #1-2-3 -

full

Bodhi #4-5 -
full

full
full

Seeds Peace #1-2-3 -
full

Seeds Peace #4-5 -
full

full
full
as we see a lot of mutations of leaf plates
full
full
full
full
the first showed the floor on the 35th day and all were females. glad that I could free up some space by removing the extra ones, I only remembered after a while that my plans included leaving 2 females of this Kandahar. nothing can be returned back, but I managed to cut 1 clone from each female and cut out a cloner from a cardboard box.

Bodhi + Seeds Peace #1-2-3 -
full

Bodhi + Seeds Peace #4-5 -
full

full
full

Lateral shoots are long and thin due to the fact that they are cramped and only the crowns get light.from 32 days I reduced the light regime to 14 days and 10 nights, my space is limited + I want them to quickly decide which of them are females.

rindindoo

38 days of vegetation, 6 days - 14\10.

another female identified Bodhi + Seeds Peace #2f -
full

full

and for comparison on the left side Kandahar Seeds Peace #3f right side Bodhi + Seeds Peace #2
full

full

rindindoo

42 days of vegetation (32 days - 16\8, 10 days - 14\10)

so the last two females of Kandahar Bodhi were determined #2&3f
Bodhi #2f -
full

full

Bodhi #3f -
full

full

full
full

Seeds Peace #2f -
full

full

full
full
full

Bodhi + Seeds Peace #2f -
full

full

full
full
full

powerful root
full

rindindoo

transplanted into 5 liter pots with coconut. I hung the lamp vertically and plant pots along each side and bent down to give side shoots a chance, so I gain extra centimeters of height.

Bodhi #2f -
full

I was persistent and she broke
full

Bodhi #3f -
full

Seeds Peace #2f -
full

Bodhi + Seeds Peace #2f -
full

I overdid it with this plant too
full

Is it just me, or is there a slight delay in development due to the low temperature, and a slightly delayed puberty?

rindindoo

turn on the stoned nerd mode and start researching
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

there are also minor leaf mutations on the Bodhi line
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

rindindoo

49 days of vegetation (32 days - 16\8, 17 days - 14\10)

7 days after transplant. I’ll wait another 7 days or maybe a little more until the root has mastered the entire volume of the pot, after which I will turn on the flowering mode

full

Bodhi #2
full

Bodhi #3
full

Seeds Peace #3
full

Bodhi+Seeds Peace #2
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet comparison! Thank you so much for documenting this. You're doing a great job, rindindoo!

I like the Seeds Peace ones a little better so far. Looks to be indica dominant. The Bodi + SP male #3 is really dominant indica phenotype.

I like seeing the leaflets stay wide as they near the attachment point on the leaf petiole.

Last edited:

rindindoo

Thanks @pipeline. I also like this Kandahar SP in general impressions. I noticed that its leaf is tactilely different, it is harder, prickly and scratchy, its surface has a gloss and a darker, more saturated color.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting kind of leathery. May confer some disease resistance. Not sure how that affects smoke. Not much experience with those just saw a friend's plant that fit that description one time. It was out in a corn field, so was a good fit.

rindindoo

@pipeline
disease resistance, I think yes, but maybe it helps to resist drought and hot winds better? in any case, plants, like the whole wild world, do not carry anything superfluous in themselves, they do not care about philosophy and relaxation, they are focused on survival and offspring, knowing this it is difficult to make a mistake why they "this".
How does this relate to smoke? I think we'll figure it out at the end of this battle.

rindindoo

56 days of vegetation (32 days - 16\8, 25 days - 14\10)

Hi guys!
14 days after transplanting into 5 liter pots and the last day of vegetation, the next day and night will be 12/12.
it's getting harder and harder to take good pictures, I don't know how I'm going to cope with this
full

Bodhi #2
full

full

Bodhi #3
full

full

Seeds Peace #3
full

full

And here is the most interesting, she blossoms?! Noticed this around day 20 on 14/10. other plants do not. Is it crazy ruderalis pollen? do you have any idea why this is possible?
full

Bodhi + Seeds Peace #2
full

full

love how they do it
full

Airloom

Veteran
I don't know how I'm going to cope with this

Happens to me every grow😵‍💫
Somewhere I read Tom Hill quote some old vintner type wisdom “the vine must suffer”
It’s not much real help but all I got
Great looking group 👍

Harpua

@Harpua
I perfectly understand you, "if you have already started collecting seeds, then it is very difficult to stop", I allowed myself to paraphrase a little Hunter Thompson from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :)
you are absolutely right, you can’t do without a strategy (given the limitations of space and time, which are always few), before starting the playback cycle, it would be good to think about the company of fellow travelers, sometimes, some things will not work out without “randomness and luck”. I always take clones from each plant participating in the race so as not to bite my elbows if this turns out to be something out of the ordinary. someday I will show off my collection for future races, but for now, like Gollum, I take out my jewelry box and salivate :)
Luckily my wife allows me some fridge space. I only do regular, photoperiods, and I'm mostly interested in breeding, so it's been about getting a lot of the old-school building blocks so I can do the things I want to do.

Have you figured out why one of your straibs flowered early? I don't know if 14/10 growth could be the reason, that's a bit unusual, any reason you do that? And did you snap a stalk trying to bend/train?

rindindoo

Airloom

Thank you!
“the vine must suffer” it seems to me that my females do not relax :) I am ready to make them feel bad so that in the end I feel good. joke:)

rindindoo

Luckily my wife allows me some fridge space. I only do regular, photoperiods, and I'm mostly interested in breeding, so it's been about getting a lot of the old-school building blocks so I can do the things I want to do.

Have you figured out why one of your straibs flowered early? I don't know if 14/10 growth could be the reason, that's a bit unusual, any reason you do that? And did you snap a stalk trying to bend/train?
I know what you are talking about :)

I removed all the original seeds from their packaging to save space and sealed them in vacuum bags. but at some point you will have to think about a mini fridge;)

no, I did not find out why there was a false start only at this Kandahar. remains to be guessed. I might think that the roots are cramped, but they are 2 weeks in 5 liter pots with coconut, the root is just mastering the free space.
I made the day / night mode 14/10 so that they show sex faster, since the height of my box is 125cm, by the time of transplantation, the height of the plants was from ~ 53cm to 71cm. given that after switching to 12 \ 12 mode they will increase ~ twice, I bent them and apply the supercropping technique. yes, the stalk broke in two plants, but take it off everything is in order, they do not bloom, just the female in which the stalk remained intact bloomed.

rindindoo

Hey! found an interesting comment in the topic "Whos got the best Afghan?"
@dubi knows what he's talking about my friend. He was referring to farm crops in regions where cannabis is grown for hash production and no selection is done. When growing seed from these locations you usually find a portion of hermaphrodites and autoflowers because thats probably natural expression over time depending on environmental and genetic factors.
maybe I have something like this?

Latest posts

Latest posts