What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Battle of Kandahar

rindindoo

Hello ICmag and all Afghan cannabis lovers!
full

To your attention is the battle of Kandahars, in which 3 black lines will clash.

We meet the first fighter - Kandahar of the Seeds Peace selection.
full

"seeds from a proven and respected person in the Western breeding world (as far as this respected person Mriko is known from the vibescollective Internet resource. - note author).
germination was just disastrously small. of all the seeds sprouted only three, two
female and one male."
I got the seeds of this landrace from a good friend, for which he gratitude! it's hard to tell which generation this is, this Afghan has come a long way before what happened to be my guest.

Next fighter Kandahar black (Bodhi) P2
full

The history of the origin of these seeds is covered in this topic

I was embarrassed by the structure of the inflorescences (fox tails), after consulting with friends, they decided that this
phenotypic features. but I was not completely sure of this, since sativas hybrids grew in parallel that were just blooming, and Kandahar, which was already in full bloom, fed the same
high nitrogen solution. but recently found a couple of photos of another Kandahar (SP) line, in confirmation of the theory of the phenotypic structure of inflorescences.
Here you can compare -
Кандагар SP -
full
full

Кандагар Бодхи -
full
full

the last nail in the coffin was driven by a comrade with whom I shared Kandahar black (Bodhi)P2, he grew them and showed photos - bush 1
full

bush 2
full

most likely this is a feature of the phenotype or the result of two factors - nutrition + phenotype. in any case, we will have a chance to try to get to the bottom of the truth in this race. Another unpleasant moment, it seemed to me that I found female sexual characteristics on all of three males. but neither my friend nor I (at the moment) have been found hermaphrodites, although of course the sample is tearfully small to say with certainty that this the line is devoid of hermaphrodites.

The last fighter is the child of the two lines mentioned above Kandahar black (Bodhi) x Kandagar (SP). what will come out of it remains to be seen in this race.

The fight will take place in the cramped and smoky cave of Baba Ku itself! under dim light HPS 250watt
ring dimensions Height -125cm, Width -90cm, Depth -70cm.
The substrate is Plagron Brix coconut. for germination I make a mixture of coconut 60% and biohumus 40%.
Until sex is determined, they will grow in 1l pots, after transplanting into 5l.
Well water ppm 828.
Watering manually, 2 days with a solution, 1 day with water.
Fertilizers - Powder Feeding Hybrids + Pecacid.

Average night temperature 12-15C
Daily 17-19С
High humidity.

we also have frequent power outages, and in order not to bite our nails on our fingers and not to pull the dreadlocks on our heads, let's look at it from the positive side as an additional
stress factor for identifying weak individuals :)

Last edited:

rindindoo

14 days 16\8

hello stoners!
light a joint, put on glasses and explore smartly
full

full

Bodhi -
full

SP -
full

SP found leaf mutations on two plants
SP #3 -
full

SP #4 -
full

this line is very inbreeding, it was kept by amateur growers without the possibility of open pollination. therefore, we will not judge strictly, at least the psychoactive properties of this Afghan are highly valued by smokers.

Bodhi + SP -
full

did not bypass the mutation and the hybrid of two lines of Kandahar.
Bodhi+SP #3
full

Bodhi+SP #5
full

a few observations. the stalk of SP and Bodhi+SP plants was magenta and Bodhi was normal green. at this stage of Bodhi growth the highest, next Bodhi+SP and lowest SP.

bimblebrains_1

awesome bro,so excited to see what comes of these lines..such amazing looking plants pictured,you can sure see the resembalance to no end of more modern elites...would'nt be surprised if some sort of kandahar or something from a neighbouring area turned out to be the building blocks of all the chem/og stuff for instance...what sort of profiles you getting from the ones you've finished then?

cheers bimble

rindindoo

bimblebrains_1
Hi bro! thanks for the question!
when, even before the advent of the Internet and the complete information vacuum about cannabis in our country, any marijuana that made us turn pale and on our knees beg God for mercy was called Afghan. once my friend treated me to ganja, it looked like large-leaf black tea with a velvet coating of resin, from one puff we were pressed into the sofa, and although the body was petrified the mind remained mobile and creative, we were like prison prisoners in our overweight bodies - cages, and our consciousness desperately wanted to throw off the shackles and start dancing. in fact, we salivated and giggled stupidly :)
I will try to answer your question, but if my answer is wrong, then Google translator should be blamed for everything :)
if we talk about Kandahar black from Bodhi, I only grew one plant, its smell changed during flowering from diesel fuel, burnt rubber to earthy and coniferous tones. when I asked my wife to smell it, she said that it stinks of shit :)
so, I enjoyed this fragrance. the aroma of those plants that are growing now began to fill the room from the second week from germination, and the aroma was similar to garlic-sausage, sometimes lemon-coffee aromas were caught when rubbing the stem. As for the SP line and the Bodhi+SP cross this is my first time growing them and I can't say anything from personal experience. I hope I managed to answer your question?

TheDarkStorm

Hello ICmag and all Afghan cannabis lovers!
View media item 18707087
To your attention is the battle of Kandahars, in which 3 black lines will clash.

We meet the first fighter - Kandahar of the Seeds Peace selection.
View media item 18707148
"seeds from a proven and respected person in the Western breeding world (as far as
this respected person Mriko is known from the vibescollective Internet resource. - note
author).
germination was just disastrously small. of all the seeds sprouted only three, two
female and one male."
I got the seeds of this landrace from a good friend, for which he gratitude! it's hard to tell which generation this is, this Afghan has come a long way before
what happened to be my guest.

Next fighter Kandahar black (Bodhi) P2
View media item 17688090
The history of the origin of these seeds is covered in this topic

I was embarrassed by the structure of the inflorescences (fox tails), after consulting with friends, they decided that this
phenotypic features. but I was not completely sure of this, since sativas hybrids grew in parallel
that were just blooming, and Kandahar, which was already in full bloom, fed the same
high nitrogen solution. but recently found a couple of photos of another Kandahar (SP) line, in
confirmation of the theory of the phenotypic structure of inflorescences.
Here you can compare -
Kandahar SP - View media item 18707150View media item 18707149Kandahar Bodhi - View media item 17688092View media item 17688093the last nail in the coffin was driven by a comrade with whom I shared Kandahar black (Bodhi)P2, he grew them and showed photos - bush 1
View media item 18707151and bush 2
View media item 18707170most likely this is a feature of the phenotype or the result of two factors - nutrition + phenotype. in any case, we will have a chance to try to get to the bottom of the truth in this race. Another unpleasant moment, it seemed to me that I found female sexual characteristics on all of three males. but neither my friend nor I (at the moment) have been found
hermaphrodites, although of course the sample is tearfully small to say with certainty that this the line is devoid of hermaphrodites.

The last fighter is the child of the two lines mentioned above Kandahar black (Bodhi) x Kandagar (SP).
what will come out of it remains to be seen in this race.

The fight will take place in the cramped and smoky cave of Baaba Q itself!
under dim light HPS 250watt
ring dimensions Height -125cm, Width -90cm, Depth -70cm.

The substrate is Plagron Brix coconut. for germination I make a mixture of coconut 60% and biohumus 40%.
Until sex is determined, they will grow in 1liter pots, after transplanting into 5liters.
Well water ppm 828.
Watering manually, 2 days with a solution, 1 day with water.
Fertilizers - Powder Feeding Hybrids + Pecacid.

Average night temperature 12-15C
Daily 17-19С
High humidity.

we also have frequent power outages, and in order not to bite our nails on our fingers and not to pull the dreadlocks on our heads, let's look at it from the positive side as an additional stress factor for identifying weak individuals :)

Ive seen those black kandahars growing on the fields out in afghan..... the bud structure on some of them (quite alot) comes out similar to your pictures....some of the plants (most plants) grow long colas and when finished and almost dried the buds on the colas looked almost like they had some sativa in them...similar to yours but just with lots more red hairs....its probably how the farmers have been selecting and breeding that line.....yours look nice..no need to be worried about those...they look like the ones growing in afghan...you can find similar out ther now...

bimblebrains_1

bimblebrains_1
Hi bro! thanks for the question!
when, even before the advent of the Internet and the complete information vacuum about cannabis in our country, any marijuana that made us turn pale and on our knees beg God for mercy was called Afghan. once my friend treated me to ganja, it looked like large-leaf black tea with a velvet coating of resin, from one puff we were pressed into the sofa, and although the body was petrified the mind remained mobile and creative, we were like prison prisoners in our overweight bodies - cages, and our consciousness desperately wanted to throw off the shackles and start dancing. in fact, we salivated and giggled stupidly :)
I will try to answer your question, but if my answer is wrong, then Google translator should be blamed for everything :)
if we talk about Kandahar black from Bodhi, I only grew one plant, its smell changed during flowering from diesel fuel, burnt rubber to earthy and coniferous tones. when I asked my wife to smell it, she said that it stinks of shit :)
so, I enjoyed this fragrance. the aroma of those plants that are growing now began to fill the room from the second week from germination, and the aroma was similar to garlic-sausage, sometimes lemon-coffee aromas were caught when rubbing the stem. As for the SP line and the Bodhi+SP cross this is my first time growing them and I can't say anything from personal experience. I hope I managed to answer your question?
yes thats a very thorough answer bro ,solid haha...the scents you mention certainly have chem/og written all over them,the diesel,burnt rubber,meaty,garlic...that family of cuts must have this shit or a similar region in them for sure,hell i'm sure these type of genes are parental stock to a lot of stuff we know and love...i havent smoked much straight afghan flower but have sampled some bits of hash from mazar i saharif...best (import) hash i ever seen,very similar to malana cream ect...but def had a more meaty/diesel vibe.....i'm subbed for this thread bro,such interesting stuff,thanks for sharing :)

rindindoo

yes thats a very thorough answer bro ,solid haha...the scents you mention certainly have chem/og written all over them,the diesel,burnt rubber,meaty,garlic...that family of cuts must have this shit or a similar region in them for sure,hell i'm sure these type of genes are parental stock to a lot of stuff we know and love...i havent smoked much straight afghan flower but have sampled some bits of hash from mazar i saharif...best (import) hash i ever seen,very similar to malana cream ect...but def had a more meaty/diesel vibe.....i'm subbed for this thread bro,such interesting stuff,thanks for sharing :)
Hey!
thanks for your answer. I read Angus a lot and looked through instagram where I met information about what the structure of buds is the absolute norm for Afghan landrace plants and your answer finally dispelled my doubts. thanks again!

Last edited:

rindindoo

it's my dream to try Afghan hashish from different regions. in places where cannabis is cultivated for hashish, selection is not as scrupulous as in regions where buds (ganja) are used. plants with different ratios of the main cannabinoids THC>CBD, THC<CBD and THC=CBD will be present in one field, then all this magnificent variety will be sifted and mixed into a final product with unique aromas and high. but you are absolutely right, it is very exciting to grow and try what is the starting point for many modern hybrids. thanks for your comments.

Harpua

14 days 16\8

hello stoners!
light a joint, put on glasses and explore smartly
full

full

Bodhi -
full

SP -
full

SP found leaf mutations on two plants
SP #3 -
full

SP #4 -
full

this line is very inbreeding, it was kept by amateur growers without the possibility of open pollination. therefore, we will not judge strictly, at least the psychoactive properties of this Afghan are highly valued by smokers.

Bodhi + SP -
full

did not bypass the mutation and the hybrid of two lines of Kandahar.
Bodhi+SP #3
full

Bodhi+SP #5
full

a few observations. the stalk of SP and Bodhi+SP plants was magenta and Bodhi was normal green. at this stage of Bodhi growth the highest, next Bodhi+SP and lowest SP.
The closest I've seen to these leaf sizes and structures were the Northern Lights I grew in the 80s. I love the extra long 1st leaf set stems........boldly announcing their arrival. :)

rindindoo

Great stuff, I hope to get to work these varieties. Do you intend to use them for any breeding/experimenting?
Hello and thank you! this run is introductory, first of all I want to try out what kind of buzz Kandahar SP has, the friends who donated these seeds insist on the exceptional psychoactive and medical properties of this line, but as we can see this line is subject to leaf plate mutations (for sure, this is not so important for consumer requests, but ...). The second goal of this mini-study is to make sure that the Bodhi P2 line does not carry hermi traits. i had to move and leave my home with my grow rooms which allowed me a much larger scope for research, so this run is nothing more than fun and replenishment of smoking material :) i have enough seeds of all three lines, and when the opportunity presents itself for large-scale selection, I will try to do open pollination in order to preserve as much genetic diversity as possible.
ps. If I didn't fully answer your question then let me know, I'll try.

Last edited:

Airloom

Veteran
any marijuana that made us turn pale and on our knees beg God for mercy was called Afghan. once my friend treated me to ganja, it looked like large-leaf black tea with a velvet coating of resin, from one puff we were pressed into the sofa, and although the body was petrified the mind remained mobile and creative, we were like prison prisoners in our overweight bodies - cages, and our consciousness desperately wanted to throw off the shackles and start dancing. in fact, we salivated and giggled stupidly :)

That’s a mighty fine smoke report!!!!!!!!!
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Harpua

Hello and thank you! this run is introductory, first of all I want to try out what kind of buzz Kandahar SP has, the friends who donated these seeds insist on the exceptional psychoactive and medical properties of this line, but as we can see this line is subject to leaf plate mutations (for sure, this is not so important for consumer requests, but ...). The second goal of this mini-study is to make sure that the Bodhi P2 line does not carry hermi traits. i had to move and leave my home with my grow rooms which allowed me a much larger scope for research, so this run is nothing more than fun and replenishment of smoking material :) i have enough seeds of all three lines, and when the opportunity presents itself for large-scale selection, I will try to do open pollination in order to preserve as much genetic diversity as possible.
ps. If I didn't fully answer your question then let me know, I'll try.
That's great........I guess the two best things you can do with landraces is preserve them, and cross/breed with them to see what you can create.

But.....how did what I typed get translated into some foreign language??

rindindoo

That's great........I guess the two best things you can do with landraces is preserve them, and cross/breed with them to see what you can create.

But.....how did what I typed get translated into some foreign language??
absolutely agree with you. crossing and test. nothing gives more insight than a test run. I had a wonderful experience testing my Durga Mata + Oldtimers Haze. I, without undue artificiality, felt high on each parent, as they take turns and then together enter the room (mind).

I have Google automatically translates the page with icmag.

rindindoo

21 days 16\8

full

Bodhi -
full

It seems to me that the plant in the front row, in the center, has the size of one of the fathers, who stood out for his extremely short stature and compact structure. I'm not sure if this plant will be female, and I would really like to find a female in the structure of that dwarf father. I think for fans of microgrowing such plants are a priority.
pygmy male #3
full

SP -
full

these beautiful plants developed slowly at the start, but already now you can see how they are catching up with their energetic fellow tribesmen.

Bodhi + SP -
full

I think I see signs of traits from both parents, but it seems to me that the Bodhi line dominates.

rindindoo

28 days 16\8

full

Bodhi -
full

full
full
full

SP -
full

full
full
full

Bodhi+SP -
full

full
full
full

at this stage, there is nothing much to add, except that the daytime temperature at the level of the roots does not exceed 17-18C, and the night temperature is 12-14C, but I cannot say that they suffer from this, at least what is noticeable to the eye.

rindindoo

Hello folks!
a small digression from the topic and to the word about experiments. I have an auto Kandahar (Seeds Peace), it's made from Kandahara
SP, the one that participates in this battle, and the carrier of the lowrider #2 auto gene. you can call it a demo
version of this by Kandahar :) I used it in cross with Malawi (ACE seeds) to save time
flowering, gave it to a friend and he grew this fast hybrid outdoors. here is a small photo essay.

comment from the comrade who grew this hybrid -
Excellent, beautiful, thoroughbred plant. From the beetle processed 2 times, watered well, organic. It bloomed on August 20, the buds were gaining confidently and quickly. Very pretty and sweet scent. And the smoke, by the way, is also sweet, and the high is like an Afghan
October 16 removed the main buds
somewhere in the foothills of the Kuban -

when I thought about this fast hybrid, I had a brilliant idea - how to try ~ Kandahar outdoors in my climate :)

Harpua

Hello folks!
a small digression from the topic and to the word about experiments. I have an auto Kandahar (Seeds Peace), it's made from Kandahara
SP, the one that participates in this battle, and the carrier of the lowrider #2 auto gene. you can call it a demo
version of this by Kandahar :) I used it in cross with Malawi (ACE seeds) to save time
flowering, gave it to a friend and he grew this fast hybrid outdoors. here is a small photo essay.

comment from the comrade who grew this hybrid -

somewhere in the foothills of the Kuban -

when I thought about this fast hybrid, I had a brilliant idea - how to try ~ Kandahar outdoors in my climate :)
Interesting. I have Malawi seeds, and a bunch of others (maybe 25 different strains) and I'm getting ready to plot strategy and start my first grow in nearly 30 years........I have decent space (a 6' x 12' closet), and 2 strong LEDs. So it's a matter of plotting strategy......which ones to start with, which ones to cross......big problems, right..? ;).