What's new

***BASSHEADS***

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Last I checked Bassnectar was not Dubstep. Some tracks, but way more Hip Hop- Jump Hop- Jump Step-

Fuck the UK dub movement, no offense to anyone.

Ioni Botani

I just want to know what 'the my sound' is...!

Sorry man, just don't understand...2-3 years ago Bassnectar had just started producing Dubstep...I think 'Viva Tibet' w/ FreqNasty was the first heavy Dub single released, followed by his first Dub album 'Heads Up'...which were both released barely 3 yrs ago in 2008.

Really though, if you're down for sharing something better I invite you to do so...it is an open forum.
:smoweed:

Ioni Botani

Well sorry Buddy, I don't have a CIA account with either of those organizations...

SoundCloud is a different story...
...However...
I can't go see someone that I don't even know exists.
IF they even tour, these mysterious Champion Producers of The Underground..

So until you have something to POSITIVE to contribute, get the fuck outta here troll, I'm sorry to have fed you to begin with. (Edit: Ignore button, Daddy Like!)

ANYway...Nice one Funk!! Always wanted to go see Tipper...

The thing about Dubstep is..being Bass-driven..

YOU HAVEN'T TRULY HEARD IT, UNTIL YOU HEAR IT LIVE.

I know I don't have a full PA to listen to it on...

Tipper Live at Camp Bisco

All these are bad ass.

STFU

I'm seeing Bassnector live this Feb 10th at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium. Pumped! roll 8-10 joints and just puff the whole night and get blowed. Anybody else going? Meetups aint allowed but tell me what shirt your gunna wear and we can piece a J :)

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
MIke and Rich- Mr Frosty-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercHzfvT6qY&feature=related

Squarepusher- Hello Meow-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLcxve603-4&feature=related

Eprom-Throbin the Cradle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q6a4REPmdo&feature=related

more EPROM this shit is nasty...Shoplifting (bad acid)-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Vs8tMwZGM&feature=related

Ludachrist- worth a listen really.. dudes are dropin some offbeat samples nasty glitch and deep dirty bass, I guess you would call it mash up.. but sheiiit!

part 1 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73NxuNhFsFg&feature=related

Ioni Botani

"FUCK the West Coast"

With things like this coming from this guy, it makes me thankful I just clicked ignore....obviously doesn't have shit for brains.

Some people just need to wake up to the fact that the West Coast is fuckin' goin OFF right now....

Proof in point....

Matty G - Strollin' (Off Bay Area Dubstep II)

Turn those subs UP!

Trillion

Someone in LA told me that Cali produced better dubstep than London... ha!

Not that I'm hating, it's like saying Parisan rap is better than NY rap, sort of an oxymoron, it just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. You might prefer to listen to the dubstep/rap from your home town but give respect where it's due. Until you've been to the raves in London/Bristol/Leeds and experienced the culture around it you won't even be able to begin to understand the how's and why's of dubstep and it's origins. Dubstep was born from a number of genres that all have their roots in London and Jamaica before that d&b, 2step, garage/jungle, breakbeat, reggae dub was popular in parts of London in the 1970s. All of these styles of music and more lead into one another chronologically all of them are born out of London's diversity and culture.

You disrespect London you disrespect the music.

Ioni Botani

No offense is being slandered here toward the UK scene...

Much Respect...TO EVERYONE involved in producing great music.

I'm simply stating that every Dubstep producer I have heard from the West Coast I enjoy, and on top of that I enjoy pretty much every song every one of those producers has produced (that I have heard to date, from an external point of view..I don't live in either area).....

That being said, I can't say the same about all the UK artists Ive heard, much less about the music (and isn't THAT what it's all about?!)

NOT SAYING the UK artists didn't get me IN to Dubstep, NOT saying they didn't revolutionize the electronic music industry through it's invention....

Just not my style. I can listen to my Bay Area Dubstep cds an infinite amount of times....

NOT SO with my entire Rusko, Caspa, Cotti, Benga, Coki, Mala, Skream DISCOGRAPHIES.

The B.A.D.'s are only two CD's, the discographies are literally hundreds of songs...

My only explanation is that the music coming from the West Coast is generally more tolerable (in my opinion)...and less hype.

I have even MET Benga, and Skream, AND Rusko...

Benga and Skream are coke heads (no offense guys, its the simple truth) AND their music reflects that fact.

Rusko is the exception, he was cool, hooked him up with some bubble and actually smoked two joints with him!!
(Rusko actually just moved to CALI.....'nuff said.)

No disrespect.

This isn't an argument about scenes, or whose hot and whose not....

It's only my personal (and actually A LOT of ppl's) opinion about THE MUSIC.

And hell, you KNOW all that damn Medical Marijuana couldn't HURT their musical inspiration!!

;)

"This is the evolution of the revolution of Dub."

Trillion

Ioni I understand what your getting at, but in UK dubstep is born of the rave scene you can't seperate it from the music which is what has happened in america because there is no scene there, just people listening to the music and a few concerts/tours. To me the cali scene has taken dubstep away from its roots and fused it with more commercial forms of electronic music with more house and electro influences even a bit of the cali jam music especially that eoto you posted, but of course thats to be expected, different continents, different people won't produce the same music.

Rusko is the single most commercial (if there is such a thing in dubstep) dubstep artist from the UK and definately leans more to the west coast dub style then other english artists especially in the last couple of years since he's been doing shows there, good for him though he's diversifying and making in roads to the emerging american scene.

I was at together as one in LA this new years where he and nero were playing plus a few american dubstep artists, even with the exact same music that is played in england it felt different, the crowd and energy couldn't compare, there were a couple mosh pits but the sense of menace and the feeling that you are in the dark depths of a rave where any crazy shit can and will happen to me was missing, the crowd just didn't know how to skank out and be proper naughty like we do.

I don't like most of benga/rusko/skream/cokis/plastician's music tbh, between them there are only a few songs I'd play in my own time at home but to me that's not what real dubstep is about when I'm in the rave and a greezy bassline drops i dont give a monkeys if i like the song or not, im too busy skanking out. Maybe the less offensive cali style is better for home listening as there is not much of a rave culture in the US which to me is what this type of music is all about.

Ioni Botani

I just think EU electronic is influenced by the music and drugs the drug culture over there is in taking...

EU: Influenced by plenty of electronic
Lots of pressed X imported from Holland, Cocaine, and Hash laden with tobacco...(or tobacco laden with hash, I should say)

West Coast: Influenced more by glitch, and West Coast hip hop (high end leads, claps on the snares, etc.)
Lots of LSD, Molly, dank organic herb and plenty of bubble hash, nicotine free ;)
They have a big rave scene over in Cali now too tho, with Burning Man and all...

Check it, it was probably this kid's first Nectar concert or some shit, looks like he's having quite a good time!! Glowstick war. It's insane, they shot off professional fireworks, AND there were professional fire spinners, I enjoy spinning POI! Wont get that at a rave.

I LOVE FESTIVALS. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts