What's new

Basement of My Dreams!!!

Asil

Your plants look great. I can't wait till I switch to 12/12 in about three weeks. How are things up north. I moved from Wi last summer. Have to say I do not miss the winters. Well continue the good work.

N

narutonut

Hey guys thanx for dropping in! The girls are doing fine but so far BigRhonda, MaryJane, Destiny, Lyla and Rinita are all boys and have been dealt with accordingly. So we currently have 4 sweet purple plants in full flower and are figuring out the gender of the last 3 white satins over the next week. Clones are finally taking root and mothers are hopefully around the corner.

Stoney: Hows it going? As for the legal end of things we are 100% legal with the state and given the DEA stance at this point it is a very exciting time to be in the med business. We are actually starting to work on plans for phase 2 now and as I see all these great commercial and industrial locations for sale and auction in the area the thought of a 30000+ watt grow is starting to look like serious reality!

Asil: Thanks for stopping in! As for the winter in Michigan it's nothing compared to Wyoming where we spent the last few years with over 600" of snow a year. Keep up the good fight and if you need help just ask!

I'll post some more photos in the next week but things are just getting fatter and frostier every day down in the dungeon man does it feel good!

Asil

Yeah I lived in Great Falls Montana for a few years when I was a kid. Loved it there just can't talk the wife into moving there. Thanks for the offer of help I will be sure to asked.

Asil

Are you recirculating you buckets? I am running my leak test on my new system tonight after work. I am using 6- 4 gal kitty litter buckets and one 6.5 gal res. Going to have 3/4" return line, and thinking of 1/2 feed main with 1/4" tubes running to buckets. Air in all buckets, cause lord know I got plenty of air power. I am still up in the air on the recirc though.

N

narutonut

Asil-
What I do for my buckets is a recirculating overflow drain. I use a 1.5" PVC for the return drain pipe to the res. Each bucket used to say TidyCat before I painted them with Krylon spray paint for plastic but I think mine are 3 gal instead of 4. Now I think you might want to change your mind and get a bigger res. Mine is a 40gal rubber made tub and in order to keep things moving well I use a 1000+GPH pump and it runs 24/7 using a .75" feed line (I only fill the res with 20 gallons so there is no stress on the container and this keeps my 6 bucket system at 40 gallons total of nutes). The bigger the rez the more stable the solution for your babies. I am flushing and refilling every 2 weeks and as I get the system more dialed in I will probably start using the Lucas add back formula and drain 1 time a month instead.

The system has been rocking my world so hard I am adding 6 more buckets to it for the next run and using 4 times the light. Now that I have a good idea on the nute regime for this setup this should allow for a huge increase to production. So any way now that I hit you with way more info than you asked for, just PM if yaneed more:joint:

Asil

Man you rock. I wish I was still in Wisconsin, we could really get somethings dialed in. I don't think I will be going with 1.5" return lines,lol. My feed lines are 1/2" with 1/4" branches. My return line is 3/4". I wish I could go bigger on a res but by changing my system to the 6-4 gal bucket and the 6.5 gal res I will have went from 12 gallons to about 22gallons to water in system. Thanks for the info on nutes for DWC. I am only at 1/2 strength 0-8-16. Have you ever been to grasscity.com? Ruppleforeskin runs a dwc system and has incredilbe results. I choose this method becuase of his threads actually. Here is a link if you go a few days to read I think it is like 120 pages long and has been going for three or four years. http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html talk to you later.

N

narutonut

Looks like a good build for the most part. I hope it serves you well. I never spent much time on GC. I was an OG'er for a long time prior to moving to IC. Yeah the only reason for me on the larger drains and more water is that it makes it easy to keep it stable. I found in other runs that 3/4" drains caused for a lot of variation from bucket to bucket and actually did quite a bit of damage to the grow.

Forgive the rambling I just vaped a taster and man things are sweet in the garden! I'll post some picks a little later but the swell is on! Things are frosty for sure. We are 70 days of veg on these girls and are rapidly approaching harvest. Just loaded up the res for the last 2 weeks of nutes. I'm running a tasty soup of 900 ppm and the girls should love it.

My 2 little White Satin plants are well behind their Sweet Purple sisters and will need to flower for a lot longer, but they are looking good. I just did a final trim on them and the bud sites are starting to explode with growth. Should be nice short bushy plants at harvest. I think if the smoke is as good as it should be the White Satin would be great for an 8x8 12 bucket SOG or SCROG (nothing wrong with a 8'x8' screen to fill right?). So that's it for now and I'll be back later with pics.

BigGreen

Veteran
How about some new pics everything sounds great. I run the 3/4 inch drains as well I wish I went with at least 1 inch just for a little better flow but I dont see no ill effects. I love home maid hydro too. Take a look at my current grow it home maid. I cant wait for them pics
great grow

N

narutonut

Sorry guys took these real quick this morning not much time to explain them I gotta hit the road for mushroom hunting! The two small plants are the white satin girls (Stephanie and Nadine). I'll try to get my hands on a tripod for some macro Trichrome shots. The system with the clones in it is my new veg/mom ebb & flow setup. Enjoy and hopefully me and the shrooms will be home later!

D

DjRightHooks

yo narutonut great thread! i love the story behind it, more power to you! THose DWC's are working great.I like how everything is white!...Im in

CoonLover

spent a few years hiding in Wyoming from the Law Dogs, what part were you in?

I was in Dubois, 90 miles from Jackson hole and 70 from Riverton/Lander

N

narutonut

DjRightHooks thanks for the kind words man hope the show doesn't disapoint.

CoonHunter I owned a restaurant in Jackson while living in Victor, ID. Spent some time shooting pool in Dubois. I loved it out there Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks as our backyard was a good time for sure.

Haps Thanks for stopping in man! This system is hardcore DWC with lots of air pump and 1000gph of exchange between reservoir and the buckets. I can't liken it to bio buckets since the large DO content kills most/all the beneficial bacteria in the solution. It is really more of a cross between traditional DWC and Krusty Freedom Buckets. If you remember the KFB's then you been around a long time and were probably an OG'er like me.

I'll try to get an update up later and includes some photos of the new ebb and flow veg room and the moms chilling in it. Should be about a week to go from now till chop chop on the sweet purple plants .

Asil

Hey narutonut, How was the shroom hunting? Things seem to be growing well for you. I can't remember but how tall where your plants before you flippped to 12/12? Mine are about 12 inches and just starating to hit the screen, but they are so compact and round they are 4.5 weeks from sprout. I am thinking of flipping them this weekend. I was hoping to beable to sex them before they filled the screen but I guess I will just have to untangle them if I go find the males. Keep up the good work buddy.

N

narutonut

Asil the shroom hunting was good the finding was bad! Got alot of Ramps though (wild garlic) and that was good. The plants were all heavily supercropped and stood about a foot tall but very wide and bushy and were around 70 days from germination (give or take) when we flipped to 12/12. I found seeds in one of my plants from an accident I had involving a male. As I was removing it from the room a couple branches brushed on Girtrude and now she has seeds. At least that male was the largest most vigorous plant in the garden till I killed it so maybe I'll have some interesting new stock to play with in the future. For the record the male hadn't even dropped nanners yet so be careful and get them males out fast!

Standaman hope things are treating you well dude I'm coming to check out your grow as soon as finish typing this!