What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barneys farm G13 haze

grod31

Veteran
Im kind of confused, when looking at the page for g13 haze it instantly calls it g13 auto in the description. It then continues to call it G13 Haze Auto in the description a second time. but then the strain specifications call it a photo at the bottom of the page.
Is the strain g13 auto X Hawaiian sativa?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Im kind of confused, when looking at the page for g13 haze it instantly calls it g13 auto in the description. It then continues to call it G13 Haze Auto in the description a second time. but then the strain specifications call it a photo at the bottom of the page.
Is the strain g13 auto X Hawaiian sativa?
Wow, that is confusing. Maybe someone who has grown her knows what's going on. Thanks for the post.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
at the bottom of the page:

G13 Haze Strain Specifications​

Type: Feminised
Genetics: G13 Stran x Hawaiian Sativa Strain
Photoperiod: Normal

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
because that is the correct thing..? yes..
and it won the 2007 cannabis cup, it existed like 10-15 years before the ruderalis hype

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
and this was the original description
scbf.png

grod31

Veteran
you are right...
Its just a weird typo on their end.
I would say that came out about the same time LR2 hybrids were introduced...

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yes i had lr1 and lr2 around 2006-7 i can t remember. but that time those weren t hype, just a small batch of growers tried it, and most of them forgot the autos for more 10 years because lowriders were weak and we didn t really know enough how to grow them properly

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 13-58-09 High Times.png

browntrout

Veteran
Interested in hearing about this one as of late. Their description talks about Hawaiian genetics, I’ve always wondered if they got it as a clone and actually knew that or if they created a version themselves.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i don t think they will tell more info, compared to f.e paradise seeds ( nebula, sensi star ) barney already told much more about the parental lines

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i can show you several examples it is easily manipulatable, and it leads far away from reality,
i dont say it is not true with the g13xhaze, but take it with a hint of salt

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Fair enough, but where else could Barney have gained that opinion? If he's selling ibls of Nevils A5G13, and ran a check on seed finder, it would explain him talking about Hawaiian. Just really replying to browntrout's question.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
there are 2 ways to be listed on sf, user uploads, or their bots collect it like it happened with hammerhead, he didn t even know his strains are updated there. and both ways are shady, users can set it as they want, the bots will set it with the best fitting result

Reactions: GMT

Rgd

Veteran
in a stash search yesterday I found several batches of ghaze ..
some I made[cardboard g13 nl pheno’s with strange tough strong buzz
and gifted ones that are supposed to be the sativa [snowstorm] pheno

thats cool people think Hawaiian sativa was in ghaze?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Again, can I just be clear, I'm not saying it was. I'm saying that once Barney says it, it indicates to me, that Barney's is a continuation of Nevil's work. And that the only place I have seen Nevils work being referred to in that way, is on the seedfinder web site. Now there seems to be cause for concern about the accuracy of the info on seedfinder, and that concern seems to be fair. However, given that Barney makes this claim, I suspect he looked up the genes he was working with, saw that info, and repeated it. It may be true, it may be false, but given that people are asking about Barney's genes, it seems reasonable to assume, given what we know to be true, that he is working with Nevils work.

grod31

Veteran
"Thank you for reaching out. While I do not know too much about the breeding project for this one, to my best knowledge this was the product of breeding using a landrace Hawaiian sativa that had evolved over generations selected by the farmers of the region. Past that, I unfortunately do not have anything I can provide.

Kindly,
Barney's Farm Customer Support "

Latest posts

Latest posts