What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x A5 Haze R&D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates friend :) As you correctly pointed out, 2 different pehnos attending to growing traits: the Bangi Haze dominant: shorter, more compact and columnar, and the NL/Haze dom: taller, strongly branched of longer node length. Excited to follow them now in flowering!

Cactus Squatter

So the two shorter pheno plants are getting pulled this week. Tomorrow if I have time but probably the following day. They’re at 9 weeks and 5 days since flowering started, and 11ish weeks since flip to 12/12.
Very earthy, musky scents. Somewhat reminiscent of the NL5 pheno of the KA5H.
One of them had 2 nanners pop up in the last week.

Very dense and hard feeling buds. Inspecting tonight I saw zero sign of mold or issues aside from a slight over feeding (my dumb stoned ass accidentally hit them and a few others 2 days in a row with the high P guano not remembering I’d already done it the previous day).

The other pheno is definitely a few more weeks out. She’s foxtailing a bit right now on the buds closer to the lights but looks to be filling in nicely overall. I’ll get pics of her later when it comes harvest time.

IMG_9380_jpg.jpeg

IMG_9379_jpg.jpeg
IMG_9378_jpg.jpeg
IMG_9377_jpg.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

Wow! What a development since your last update with pics. This first one you are about to harvest this week has impressive vigor and yield in early-moderate flowering times, lots of hybrid vigor there. Marvelous growing skills :tiphat: to get the best from the genetics, congrats @Cactus Squatter :smoke:
I’m really interested to see how the other pheno finishes up. I wish I was able to keep it away from the lights better so it didn’t foxtail as much, but it’s looking awesome aside from the over P issue I caused. The remaining pheno is super tall and sprawling in growth, more spiky flowers and absolutely wreaks of chives.

The frost on these two early girls is pretty damn thick too. Hard to get on my phone but there’s just solid white areas I thought might have been mold at first but under close inspection it was just tons of resin glands all smashed together.

Cactus Squatter

I’ve got all 3 of these trimmed up now.
The two shorter phenos are… DENSE!!! Not rocks, but very very firm and heavy buds.

One of the shorter phenos has a more organic kind of smell similar to the smell profile on some of the KA5H. That organic decaying flower petals kind of smell with a tiny bit of a hash scent. Had just the tiniest bit of bud mold in one cola.

The other short pheno is definitely a keeper. Slightly denser nugs, slightly easier to trim though both were super easy trims.
The loudest fuel smelling terps I have ever grown. OMFG does she absolutely stink to holy hell in the best of ways. Kind of crazy considering she had zero fuel smell during flowering and wasn’t loud at all until drying time. I sampled some of the leftover tiny buds from the bottom of the plant yesterday. For not being cured at all and only being fast dried it was really heavy hitting. Extremely relaxing both mentally and physically, very good for shutting work thoughts off but also very clear headed and functional if needed. I can’t wait for this to cure up and see what she’s really about. After that sample we left my bathroom, turned on the fan and closed the door behind us. Over 6 hours later I went back in there… it was like hitting the wall of smoke at a cypress hill concert. So damn stank! I have never had weed I’ve grown be this loud with the stank. It’s lovely. Zero mold found while trimming.

The taller pheno I finally got to trimming last night. She has a much different smell to her. She has the onion from the Bangi haze side, but also a nice floral scent with a really slight pine. We’ll see how that progresses as it actually cures. She did have a little bit of mold in one or two buds as well but no real losses.

I’ll update how they did weight wise once they hit the right humidity range in cure, and then another smoke update after they cure nicely.

Old Fogey

I’ve got all 3 of these trimmed up now.
The two shorter phenos are… DENSE!!! Not rocks, but very very firm and heavy buds.

One of the shorter phenos has a more organic kind of smell similar to the smell profile on some of the KA5H. That organic decaying flower petals kind of smell with a tiny bit of a hash scent. Had just the tiniest bit of bud mold in one cola.

The other short pheno is definitely a keeper. Slightly denser nugs, slightly easier to trim though both were super easy trims.
The loudest fuel smelling terps I have ever grown. OMFG does she absolutely stink to holy hell in the best of ways. Kind of crazy considering she had zero fuel smell during flowering and wasn’t loud at all until drying time. I sampled some of the leftover tiny buds from the bottom of the plant yesterday. For not being cured at all and only being fast dried it was really heavy hitting. Extremely relaxing both mentally and physically, very good for shutting work thoughts off but also very clear headed and functional if needed. I can’t wait for this to cure up and see what she’s really about. After that sample we left my bathroom, turned on the fan and closed the door behind us. Over 6 hours later I went back in there… it was like hitting the wall of smoke at a cypress hill concert. So damn stank! I have never had weed I’ve grown be this loud with the stank. It’s lovely. Zero mold found while trimming.

The taller pheno I finally got to trimming last night. She has a much different smell to her. She has the onion from the Bangi haze side, but also a nice floral scent with a really slight pine. We’ll see how that progresses as it actually cures. She did have a little bit of mold in one or two buds as well but no real losses.

I’ll update how they did weight wise once they hit the right humidity range in cure, and then another smoke update after they cure nicely.
Very nice work. Would love to see a final smoke report ... do you think the cross is worthy of listing as a Catalogue/Limited Edition release available to the wider world ?

Peace

Cactus Squatter

Very nice work. Would love to see a final smoke report ... do you think the cross is worthy of listing as a Catalogue/Limited Edition release available to the wider world ?

Peace
They all need to cure a little more, but I absolutely love the #1 plant and will be keeping her as a mom.
It’s extremely physically and mentally relaxing, within a couple of hits, yet maintains a very clear headed and functional high. Need to wipe some BS from work out of your mind? This will do it. Muscles sore from digging a bunch of holes all day? Oddly enough, this one will take a huge edge off of it, but not in the normal indica kind of way. There’s no heavy body feel, couch lock or anything like that, I just feel “better”.

The other pheno, the taller more haze dominant one, needs to cure some more for sure. It is also very clearheaded, but is a much more up and energetic high. Good social smoke, but it doesn’t wipe stress and stuff from my mind like the other pheno does.

Old Fogey

They all need to cure a little more, but I absolutely love the #1 plant and will be keeping her as a mom.
It’s extremely physically and mentally relaxing, within a couple of hits, yet maintains a very clear headed and functional high. Need to wipe some BS from work out of your mind? This will do it. Muscles sore from digging a bunch of holes all day? Oddly enough, this one will take a huge edge off of it, but not in the normal indica kind of way. There’s no heavy body feel, couch lock or anything like that, I just feel “better”.

The other pheno, the taller more haze dominant one, needs to cure some more for sure. It is also very clearheaded, but is a much more up and energetic high. Good social smoke, but it doesn’t wipe stress and stuff from my mind like the other pheno does.
Thank you for that, it sounds very interesting.

Peace

Consolidated

Hi folks I have two seedlings bangi × a5h in the tent now, which I plan to keep one there and the other to bloom behind the window (I think it will get at least 6-7 hours of direct sun in a month...)
I definitely have two different phenotypes, one with big leaves, hard trunk and branches...lots of branches...so much so that I thought I had cut the top off. Apparently I was too kind...and yesterday I took her top. This will stay in the grow tent.
However, it has a lot of strength.
20240117_173550.jpg

20240118_172231.jpg
20240118_172216.jpg

And the other pheno
20240118_115735.jpg

Attachments

• 20240117_173550.jpg
    20240117_173550.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57

Old Fogey

Hi folks I have two seedlings bangi × a5h in the tent now, which I plan to keep one there and the other to bloom behind the window (I think it will get at least 6-7 hours of direct sun in a month...)
I definitely have two different phenotypes, one with big leaves, hard trunk and branches...lots of branches...so much so that I thought I had cut the top off. Apparently I was too kind...and yesterday I took her top. This will stay in the grow tent.
However, it has a lot of strength.
View attachment 18948663
View attachment 18948656 View attachment 18948657
And the other pheno
View attachment 18948664
Looking nice. Please keep us updated on your progress.

https://www.icmag.com/members/cactus-squatter.513412/ gave us a very interesting smoke report, this R&D hybrid appears to have potential for a wider release by Ace.

Peace

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

I’ve been giving pretty much everyone I know samples of my last grow. Several Zenith phenos, as well as 3 phenos each of Bangi x A5, Super Panama Haze, and Super Congo.

All of them have been liked, but overwhelmingly people have really seemed to enjoy this shorter pheno of the Bangi x A5. It’s an awesome combination of clearheaded and alert, while also being very calm and relaxed in the body. Not squishy like a heavy indica and no couch lock, just super relaxing and calming.
It has also been absolutely fantastic while working out. Lifting seems a whole lot easier.

Consolidated

Hi guys.
In the end, it wasn't a pistil , and even after 18 days since 12/12 (15' less light on now) I haven't seen any..
All new little leaflets with red tips are coming out - growing red fades- and I'm left with anticipation.
For the last 10 days she (?) has been stretching and looking good in general. .
@dubi or anyone else who knows maybe there should be 13 hours of darkness from now on -11/13- ?
20240209_203428.jpg
20240209_203438.jpg
20240209_203446.jpg

vcasqui

Thanks so much for the thread, Cactus. I got me 3 packs of these in the last Black Friday deal, which I have ready to try next outdoor season. If they behave kinda like Malawi x PCK when growing I should be good.

I only grow 3 plants per season in 40L pots, +1 extra variety in smaller pot just to try. But even so I got 15 seeds because bangi haze is amazing and I don't see how crossing it with A5 Haze could be detrimental.

Next season is gonna be dope! (2MPCK, 1BA5H, 1Strawberry Gum (Advanced Seeds), and maybe a couple autos at the start of the season).

Cactus Squatter

Thanks so much for the thread, Cactus. I got me 3 packs of these in the last Black Friday deal, which I have ready to try next outdoor season. If they behave kinda like Malawi x PCK when growing I should be good.

I only grow 3 plants per season in 40L pots, +1 extra variety in smaller pot just to try. But even so I got 15 seeds because bangi haze is amazing and I don't see how crossing it with A5 Haze could be detrimental.

Next season is gonna be dope! (2MPCK, 1BA5H, 1Strawberry Gum (Advanced Seeds), and maybe a couple autos at the start of the season).
The buds will be much, much denser than the Malawi x pck, at least from what I’ve seen growing them both out. If you get the squat pheno, that one makes rocks. 😂
The more hazy pheno will be a lot more open structured in the flowers, but still fairly dense and not feathery like some sativas are.

This is also a great lower odor strain if smells are a concern. During veg and flower these girls were super chill and quiet.