What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x A5 Haze R&D

Cactus Squatter

Saw these in the R&D section when I ordered a few other things a little bit ago.
3 seeds into a damp paper towel last night and in under 24 hours not only have they germinated, they’ve grown 3/4in tails and almost fully broken free of the shells.
The seeds look extremely similar to the straight Bangi Haze seeds in shape and size.

I’m a big fan of Bangi Haze and crosses using it, and I’ve really been enjoying all of the A5 crosses ACE has been working on so I’m super excited to see how these turn out.
Let’s all cross fingers and hope I do them right 😉

@dubi any insight as to what I should expect?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for supporting our latest R+D genetics @Cactus Squatter 🥰 much appreciated!
Glad to hear you plan to grow 3 Bangi Haze x A5 Haze seeds.

Seed traits are mostly determined by the mother (and also by the conditions during flowering and seed production), so it's normal that hybrid seeds coming from Bangi Haze mother look like straight Bangi Haze seed.

Regarding what you can expect from this new hybrid, although R+D genetic descriptions are quite brief compared with oficially released strains, we did a short approximation on our webiste:

Looking forward to follow their progress here! :giggle:

Cactus Squatter

Thank you so much for supporting our latest R+D genetics @Cactus Squatter 🥰 much appreciated!
Glad to hear you plan to grow 3 Bangi Haze x A5 Haze seeds.

Seed traits are mostly determined by the mother (and also by the conditions during flowering and seed production), so it's normal that hybrid seeds coming from Bangi Haze mother look like straight Bangi Haze seed.

Regarding what you can expect from this new hybrid, although R+D genetic descriptions are quite brief compared with oficially released strains, we did a short approximation on our webiste:

Looking forward to follow their progress here! :giggle:
Cool, I hadn’t seen the updated info since I bought them.

Any idea the growth habits of them? I haven’t seen anyone grow these out yet and don’t know if they want to stretch hard or not.

Cactus Squatter

I am fan of bangi crosses too... this sounds interesting. bangi can bring some energy to it.
Me as well. I love the up and energetic bright happiness it brings to the table, though the last straight Bangi I grew outdoors is extremely mellowing and relaxing. Not sleepy, but almost instant want to lay in a hammock and watch the clouds feeling.

I’ve got a lot of Bangi happening this year in my circle of friends. These Bangi x A5 along with a handful of Super Congo, a straight Bangi and a couple Panama x Bangi. Hopefully everyone does well with them and we find some keepers.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nice bangi line up! I liked diesel x bangi. I have some seeds of pangi too.

this is diesel/bangi x big sur holyweed I made:

bsp3-jpg.18841169

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Cactus Squatter :wave:

Super Congo contains Bangi Haze #29 mother (reversed) as pollen donor, while the cross to A5 Haze uses Bangi Haze #25 as mother. Bangi Haze #25 is the strongest Bangi Haze, with higher THC content, more electric effects, and with a more classic lemony sativa terpene profile, while #29 has a more balanced, not so potent effects, and higher terpene content of very organic-veggie profile. Yo can find cannabinoid and terpene results of both in the Bangi Haze official strain description on our website.

A cross of an IBL of short size like Bangi Haze, crossed with the highly heterozygous A5 Haze F1 will produce most of the times variable results, also for size, more columnar and compact within Bangi Haze-NL dominant expressions, and taller, branchier for Bangi Haze-Haze A expressions.

Great looking flowers on your hybrid @MAHA KALA well done!

Cactus Squatter

Hi @Cactus Squatter :wave:

Super Congo contains Bangi Haze #29 mother (reversed) as pollen donor, while the cross to A5 Haze uses Bangi Haze #25 as mother. Bangi Haze #25 is the strongest Bangi Haze, with higher THC content, more electric effects, and with a more classic lemony sativa terpene profile, while #29 has a more balanced, not so potent effects, and higher terpene content of very organic-veggie profile. Yo can find cannabinoid and terpene results of both in the Bangi Haze official strain description on our website.

A cross of an IBL of short size like Bangi Haze, crossed with the highly heterozygous A5 Haze F1 will produce most of the times variable results, also for size, more columnar and compact within Bangi Haze-NL dominant expressions, and taller, branchier for Bangi Haze-Haze A expressions.

Great looking flowers on your hybrid @MAHA KALA well done!
Awesome, thanks for the info @dubi!
My wife and I have really been enjoying the Bangi crosses so far and are excited to see how these ones come out.
As soon as there are worthwhile pics to show I’ll post some.

el mani

Veteran
I wanted it for this year (panA5) but I ran out of holes because everything old germinated, so...
Of the crosses with A5 that I have put, I love the zamaldelica A5, it is bright, it smells fantastic of flowers and carrots and a very bearable and happy effect.
on the other hand, thaiA5 is much more diluted in terms of terpenes but much more electric, it tastes like lemon/incense and hits like a double espresso.
KillerA5 is for Sundays....

I put few because I would not like to end up behind bars, let's see how these turn out and see if I make a hole for next year,
You usually do a good job with the plants which makes them even more appetizing.

Cactus Squatter

One of them decided to grow into a trifoliate.
IMG_8139.jpeg

These have a lot of vigor. They are a node and a half ahead of the super Congo and 2-3 nodes ahead of the Super Panama haze all started together.
2 of them are very similar in structure, shorter and tight nodes. The 3rd is more spaced nodes and faster growing side branches.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I wanted it for this year (panA5) but I ran out of holes because everything old germinated, so...
Of the crosses with A5 that I have put, I love the zamaldelica A5, it is bright, it smells fantastic of flowers and carrots and a very bearable and happy effect.
on the other hand, thaiA5 is much more diluted in terms of terpenes but much more electric, it tastes like lemon/incense and hits like a double espresso.
KillerA5 is for Sundays....

I put few because I would not like to end u p behind bars, let's see how these turn out and see if I make a hole for next year,
You usually do a good job with the plants which makes them even more appetizing.

ehhehehe love the way you put in words and describe each different A5 Haze cross with its own different personality @el mani Zamaldelica x A5 Haze you got sounds perfect when you need a strong happy up smoke with complex terpenes to boost the day, yet balanced in effects. Thai A5 Haze is indeed more cerebral, some of them provide that strong up sativa energetic rush, good for climbing hehehehe and Killer A5 Haze definitely not for the working week, driving or taking care of the family, better for those lazy Sundays one can dedicate for oneself and get high as hell :LOL:

Cactus Squatter

So far they’re moving along nicely. I’ll try and get some pictures of them tomorrow.
So far 2 of them are very similar in size and structure, with one of them being the trifoliate.
The non trifoliate shorter pheno does have a slight fasciated stem thing going on (as does one of my Super Panama Haze) but only on lower branches.

The 3rd pheno is several inches taller and is going to take some managment.

All of them seem super happy so far.

Cactus Squatter

Still looking amazing and starting to put the pistils out. These are taking a bit longer to really start flowering compared to the SPH and SCF1. I put them at the front of my tent and I have a strong suspicion they’ll be the last to need harvesting.

Cactus Squatter

As of right now the 2 look-a-likes both smell very organic/vegetal/tiny bit of a leather component. They are also looking a whole lot like the A5 phenos of KA5H in how they are forming buds, just denser at this point than the KA5H was. They’re shaping up to be fairly heavy yielders if they make it through rot free.

The 1 taller one smells like chives and some sort off funk, almost like a sour cream and chive tater chip.

So far they are also sexually stable, not a single nanner on them.