What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze x A5 Haze R&D

vcasqui

The buds will be much, much denser than the Malawi x pck, at least from what I’ve seen growing them both out. If you get the squat pheno, that one makes rocks. 😂
The more hazy pheno will be a lot more open structured in the flowers, but still fairly dense and not feathery like some sativas are.

This is also a great lower odor strain if smells are a concern. During veg and flower these girls were super chill and quiet.
Yeah, the denser buds is somewhat worrying. But I will give one a try anyways, if that pheno is done in 9weeks I should be fine.

Smells are indeed a concern, I like my plants to be quiet, so these are looking good!

Thanks a bunch!

Cactus Squatter

Yeah, the denser buds is somewhat worrying. But I will give one a try anyways, if that pheno is done in 9weeks I should be fine.

Smells are indeed a concern, I like my plants to be quiet, so these are looking good!

Thanks a bunch!
I had just the tiniest bit of mold in one of them, but super minimal issues with mine even with their density. I completely took apart the main colas to be sure, and there was nothing anywhere of worry.
The smells on the 2 squat pheno plants I had was a light, organic funkiness that we could barely smell. Nothing I would ever turn my head at thinking it was weed.

I’m actually hitting this right now, really dig it a lot as an after work off switch.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Impressive growing skills and results with this new hybrid @Cactus Squatter! :love: If that squat pheno stands out for you and your friends, not only within the strain but even when compared with other great sativa hybrids such as Zenith, Super Panama Haze, or Super Congo, then you have a real winner! Make sure to keep clones, or you will miss her for years. Thanks a lot for your feedback :ying: means a lot coming from you.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Consolidated Glad to see you're also growing the Bangi Haze x A5 Haze :)
I have a feeling, looking at your pics since the start, that the grow might be a bit out of pH. Are you checking it?
Post a recent pic under natural light if you have the chance, and I will take a look at it.

NOREGRETZ

Hola, @Consolidated Me alegra ver que también estás cultivando Bangi Haze x A5 Haze.:)
Al mirar tus fotos desde el principio, tengo la sensación de que el cultivo puede estar un poco fuera de pH. ¿Lo estás comprobando?
Publica una foto reciente bajo luz natural si tienes la oportunidad y la echaré un vistazo.
Hola dubi, parece interesante este cruce, que diferencia hay entre bangi haze #25, con el congo #3, me gusta la hierba eléctrica energética, que te hace moverte de tu lugar.. también vi super congo y green haze x bangi, estoy pensando en elegir un macho thai x panama para hacer un poco de semillas con alguno de estos cruces congoleños

Consolidated

@dubi
I generally "fix" the ph in the appropriate range....sometimes I don't, as you rightly saw...
I am definitely low on nitrogen and trying to fix it.
In the photo from yesterday, it is 2 weeks since pistils appeared.
20240229_203804.jpg

Cactus Squatter

So the longer flowering, taller pheno has started to get really good after approximately 5 months cure.
Not as clear headed as the other pheno, this one has a little fuzziness over the forehead area and a softening of the muscles around my eyes. No laziness to the high at all, but has the same quality as the squat pheno of being able to just wipe away the day. Poof, work day off. A little balloon head feeling at times.

I’m hoping there’s some more of these beans around and also that they become a standard stock. I really want to do a large pheno hunt of this strain. All 3 of the ones I grew are really good, I’d love to see what the cream of the crop is like.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola dubi, parece interesante este cruce, que diferencia hay entre bangi haze #25, con el congo #3, me gusta la hierba eléctrica energética, que te hace moverte de tu lugar.. también vi super congo y green haze x bangi, estoy pensando en elegir un macho thai x panama para hacer un poco de semillas con alguno de estos cruces congoleños

Hola @NOREGRETZ Congo #3 is a pure Congolese sativa, Bangi Haze #25 is an inbred Congolese hybrid.
If you favor clear, electric effects, better choose Congo #3 x A5 Haze over the Bangi Haze cross.

Crossing Thai x Panama with another high-quality sativa sounds like a good plan :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So the longer flowering, taller pheno has started to get really good after approximately 5 months cure.
Not as clear headed as the other pheno, this one has a little fuzziness over the forehead area and a softening of the muscles around my eyes. No laziness to the high at all, but has the same quality as the squat pheno of being able to just wipe away the day. Poof, work day off. A little balloon head feeling at times.

I’m hoping there’s some more of these beans around and also that they become a standard stock. I really want to do a large pheno hunt of this strain. All 3 of the ones I grew are really good, I’d love to see what the cream of the crop is like.

Glad the longer pheno is getting better and better with along curing @Cactus Squatter getting closer to your favorite squad pheno :) We have quite abundant stock of this new R+D hybrid, however additional testing is required on our end before consider its release.

Cactus Squatter

Glad the longer pheno is getting better and better with along curing @Cactus Squatter getting closer to your favorite squad pheno :) We have quite abundant stock of this new R+D hybrid, however additional testing is required on our end before consider its release.
Smoking on the tall pheno again today after work and absolutely loving it!
Do you happen to know any distributors that still have this R&D left in stock? Didn’t see them on Mandala or real gorilla seeds. I’d love to snag another pack or two.

Consolidated

Hi folks.... I have some photos from the outdoor -light dep- bangi haze × A5h grow. the #1 cuts -two cuts- ( mother in the tent at 7.5 weeks flo from pistils formation and 11 plus weeks from 12/12 ) then 3 pics from #2 and last but not least the newcomer #3.
The nose is low in all of them ... and in the most advanced flowering (indoor) something in cedar wood or sandalwood... photos tomorrow.
20240407_113411.jpg
20240407_112156.jpg

20240407_112309.jpg
20240407_113123.jpg

20240407_113306.jpg

20240407_112248.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking big sized colas from the indoor grow :D @Consolidated well done! 9 1/2 weeks, that's fast!
Yet the fower structure is more on the A5 Haze side with those obscene reflowerings.
Congrats on the harvest and please keep us updated with a smoke report when you feel is the right time! Thanks!