What's new

ballast hell

D

down7ime

This is yamaha1fan's ballast board. I think those are all 1,000 watt ballasts and that they have all been working fine for quite some time. I kinda doubt that proximity was your problem.

PC

Very interesting, cheers, perhaps those have some type of sheilding which prevents the issue for those ballasts, or maybe its something totally different that caused my issue, the only thing tho is that it seems to explain both of them dying at the same time, something thats doing my head in :(

D

down7ime

Haps, these are just the older style mag ballasts, not switchable at all, i have a MH conversion bulb and standard hps

vancityj these are 240v models, they dont appear to be configurable, looks like they come in both configs from the manufacturer but are hardwired at either 120 or 240v, at any rate the electricity usage meter i have indicates 240v so it appears to be drawing the right voltage.

Yeah ive checked the connections a number of times, used different lamp holders, different bulbs, nothing seems to work :(

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bro that sucks from the specs they sound like they should be ok quality
Is there waranty

D

down7ime

Hey bro that sucks from the specs they sound like they should be ok quality
Is there waranty

yep both units under warranty, going to get the bulbs/ballasts checked somewhere locally first and see whats dead and then ill do a warranty job.

Problem is ill have to keep my grow under fluros till i get any sort of replacement, what a nightmare :wallbash: