What's new

BAG SEED TEST GROW

stevr59

thanks vt i i didn't post the last pic in my last post i been putting all the pics at the top of the thread.

stevr59

well heres a update i been checking the height for the last 4 days now and its growing1.5"
in growth a day which i thinks dam good she got to big to keep in the back yard so i moved it out in the woods. it was 22" Sunday and today its 25" fixing to up the ppm from 800 to 1200 you guys think thats to much or should i just keep it at 800 ppm?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
1.5" a day...that's some nice growth!

1.5" a day...that's some nice growth!

I'd keep it at 800PPM until the plants ask for more....I regret bumping up on one of my plants my last run...no sense is u$ing more nute$, unless the ladies ask for it IMO
Course last run I bloomed with chem nutes, and had salt buildup....don't think that's as big a problem with the nutes you're running....but...I have never tried them...
I am a fan of gradual changes....
and its growing1.5" in growth a day which i thinks dam good
With that growth sounds like the 800PPM is working out just fine :joint:
I hear ya man...coco growth rates are very impressive...aren't they? Glad you're feelin' it :wave:

stevr59

thanks vt i will keep it at 800 for now but yesterday we had a very hard rain and i when out this mouring to feed it and dam it grew 2 " since yesterday not sure if it was from the rain we got or not but dam this thing is out doing all my out door soil babys and the funny part all the leafs are perfix no burns or yellowing and not sure why but the baby leafs fianly fell off today i never seen em stay on a plant this long before, and it scare me to think that canna nute are better than gh flornova cant waite to get a hold of some canna

stevr59

new updated photo check about for week 6 pic she just hit 30" today and i messed up mixing my nutes and ended up with 1060 instead of 800 and being the lazy ass i am i said hell with it and so far its taking it like a champ.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey stevr59,

nice to see your bagseed grow off to a good start.

(edited to remove the pic.)

ok i see what you are trying to do. nice idea man :yes:

sorry about that :D

Last edited:

stevr59

thanks man lol but i posted the pic up top was trying to keep them all tougher so one could see the growth on a week to week basis see the top of the thread for all pics lol

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Never used Floranova, but seems like 400 points was a bit drastic...the 200 is a good compromise/mistake lol....lookin' good bro :wave:

stevr59

well vt when i mess up i do it big lol don't let me near ph up or down but o far she seems to be loving the 1060. gaiusmarius no problem there, guess when i do a post on the lower post i need to refer back to the being of the post so folks would get lost lol

stevr59

ok heres the update as of the 8th it hit 50" and still growing well still feeding flora-nova nutes only at 1080 ppm 5.8 ph flushed once a week with 5.8 tap water it now getting to big and now starting to bend it down so it don't stick out so much at one point it grew 4 " in a day but its has sems to have slowed in growth may be one to two inches every other day now it stems have alternated now but still no sign of sex but i got a feeling its a female nd all so i was feeding 16 oz of ferts twice a day to get 10% run off now its talking a liter twice a day now to get 10% run off but i can say this is has tripld in height compared to the ones i have in soil and the soil plants had a 3 week head start. i got may be a week left on my indoor grow using a swc and the next run i will be using coco from now on, but when i start my next run that i don't know. may lay off till next year i lost my house ins and have to find new ins and i got the feeling they will want tour of my place. but the growth rate with coco are amazing now i hope it does just as well when its flowering time. will try to post some newer pics today but its getting to big for me to get a snap shot of as i can move back far agoung to get it all in the frame. but give me a lil time and i will up loead a new pic

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I've never let a plant get that big in a small container....everytime I see that I just think it's truly amazing. Are you gonna transplant? I'm wondering if the halt in growth rates are a sign that you need to transplant, or irrigate more frequently...like a half-hearted NFT effect? Don't need as much rootzone I'm thinking with the "NFT" approach...but handwatering once (or twice :D) a day....anyways I am high and rambling lol....I been thinking about this since your last update...post #31...

What do you think?

stevr59

yeah its a lot bigger than i though it would get and yes was thinking of transplanting it but don't have the funds right now for new coco and realy not to much worried about it this wa just a test run any ways but i notice it talking a lot more nute now to get the 10% run off but i could just leave it as is and see what happens not sure how will it will bud and thats what counts but hell thats 4 month a way bu i am thinking may be i need to water it more than twice a day now or up the nutes i notice the bottom leafs are turning yellow and the set about that are showing sign of may be fert burn or cal definceie fixing to look in to that a lil later. but yeah i think it needs to be transplanted

stevr59

ok i got a new pic of the leaf's now it showing signs of not doing well now sure if i got a fert burn of ph lock out the greener leaft was limp and its its starting at the bottom and seem to be working its way up all the top leafs look fine. let me know what you guys think or is this sign i need to move it to a bigger pot i flush yesterday with tap water 5,8 adj ph ran 2 liters tru the pot may i need to check the run off and see what the ppm and ph are what do you think?

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Is the lower growth getting the same amount of light as the upper growth?
Checking the runoff is a good idea...
I think you should transplant it, or top it....

thanks for sharing...keep us posted...

stevr59

well yes there not getting the same light as the top and all leafs where nice and healthy a week ago i will check the run off today and see what it says and will look into transplanting it to a bigger pot soon as i can get to town but so far it s has done better than i would have dreamed of just wish i could grow out door leagl so i could do a side by side test with coco and a dwc or flood and drain.

stevr59

well i am not retyping this dam fire fox crashed on me and i not retyping 10 mins worth of stuff so here the short version. i got 1000 ppm 5.8 going in. the run off is 900ppm and 5.2 coming out. and is it me or is icmag getting to dam slow 20 mins just to pull up one dam page am that it i am out of here, this is a dam joke
ok just check the height on my last water run its 56" tall nd getting very very bushy. i cant belive its still growing in this lil pot every ting tell n]me to transplant but now i am thinking i wounder just how big and how long i can grow in this pot but i see a good thing here instead of plating in last part of april i can see planting in late early july now and still get a 5 foot tree come harvest time only thats bugging me is it s getting so big so soon and thats runs my chance up some one will find it, but so far this has been a very good test run for vegging now i wounder how will it will flower and what the yield will be like but thats 3 to 4 mouths from now but now i can see doing a out door coco grow planting in july and keep em around 2 foot or so and do may 30 planters at once hell i could even rig up a tube to run tru the trees to the pots so i don't have to climb tru rattle snake country to water my baby twice a day. yeah be smpile to do just run the tube from the pots tru the trees and keep it about a 1/8 of a inch fall per foot till i get to the main trail and kind of camo the hose so it can be seen easly and when its water time place funnel into holse and poor x amount of water and nutes tru. save me a lot of time hauling water bottle tru the brush every day and save me from having to camo my tail each time i come out, dam i hope i win that home box on ts.com
i could dam sure use it right now lol i wounder how big a tree i could grow in coco inside using a 150 hps lol

Last edited: