What's new

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

• Total voters

chemsteady

some update...and pics of course

some update...and pics of course

the weather has been absolutely perfect, honestly, cant ask for better...well, it has been really windy. knocked down a few of the 2 gal preflowering plants. i really should have repotted right before flowering, but my goal was to flower in as small a pot as possible. it could have been that i fed with FNG in the beginning causing these plants to really stretch, they ve just always seemed oversize for the pots, not to mention a small breeze makes them sway to and fro.

2gal purple mystery plants
IMG_1060.jpg

the seedlings are all doing really well. id have to say the mandala and ch9 strains are doing the best, with the barneys farm lsd coming in very close second. i only popped two of each strain, kinda just a test run. i think i have two distinct phenos of the lsd, or i could be just seeing things cause, well, cause im stoned...which is coooool:D:D

you tell me.
IMG_1052.jpg

uno
IMG_1053.jpg

dos
IMG_1054.jpg

heres a nice little cross section of the garden. happy green plants.
IMG_1047.jpg

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Dude those things are HUGE for 2 gal pots!!!! Is it the outdoor that allows them to get that big or the strain? I wish i was an outdoor grower now.

chemsteady

thanks!

thanks!

you know, it could be a few things. like i mentioned earlier, i started all the bigger plants on fng and i think that led to a lot of stretch. all of them have these big beefy stems, and i never really got that using straight lucas. the soil plant didnt stretch as much, and produced a bushier, more squat female. personally id rather have shorted plants, so ill probably stick to rezs recipe from now on. heres an example of what im talking about with the two gal girls.

coco. if you look closely at the plant on the right, theres a little orange blur just to the right. thats a monarch butterfly. just a little over to her left you can see the v forming in the branch structure where i topped these two. thats a lot of stretch. :D
IMG_1060.jpg

soil. as you can see, i had to repot her because she was not doing well in the 2 gal container. coco, well, we all know what coco can do, although, this soil plant in so fing' nice. :D
IMG_0992.jpg

thanks for the kind words, otto, oregonic and j cut. if you guys ever have questions, im here to answer as best i can. time for a little intermission...:bongsmi:

sizzurp

hey man plants are gorgeous man! i love the set up i really wish i could grow outside.

do you follow rez's recipe exclusively, or is yours altered? do you use the 6/9 during veg?

great stuff man

chemsteady

all the way.

all the way.

yup, i follow the rez formula pretty closely. i do use liquid karma instead of floralicious, but thats because a friend gave me a bunch for free. its basically the same stuff. i also use less more frequently, of the lk that is.

6/9 almost all the way through including veg. since im outside, i also have to mess with the timing a bit. my plants are all in different stages of growth, so i have to adjust accordingly. i stll trying to work out the timing of the kool bloom boost and micro drop, but its all just experimenting right now. thanks for stopping by, let me know if you have any more questions.
-c

chemsteady

repotting in coco.

repotting in coco.

i feel like i ve been reading a lot of posts where folks talk about trying to avoid repotting. im not sure why, maybe lack of proper facilities or, shit, maybe just being lazy, idk. anyhow, even if you are lazy or just apathetic (devil weed!) repotting in coco takes all of five minutes, if that.

im sure there are many ways to do this, but this is how i do it.

first i get all my stuff ready. coco, hydroton, scoop type cup thingy, water (i dont ph the water, i do let it sit for at least 24hrs) new pot, plant.

IMG_1028.jpg

i then fill the container almost halfway full of pure coco and water the coco until its soaked through, but not drenched.

IMG_1033.jpg

next, i tap out my plant from its existing pot (it always helps if the coco is a little moist when you do this), admire the roots (this is actually a little less developed than i want, but i had to use someone) and put the lavender down into her new home.

IMG_1034.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg

add some rox and and a name tag~back into the garden, girlie!~

IMG_1042.jpg

i water with a light nutrient solution until i get a bit of run-off and my plants usually get back on track in a day or so. easy, and plants love new coco! :DDD
-c

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Man, I envy the outdoor grower. Your plants look ridiculously healthy man. Great job.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
chemS
howzit..?? nice grow.. It would be chill to be sittin amongst yer gurls and puffin a joint just admiring their beauty... bbl peace..

sack

chemsteady

thanks...

thanks...

for the love, yall, makes me feel all warm inside :D sack, you dont even know man. on sunny days, a few of us, will just kinds sit off to the side, (the rest of my backyard is nice, shady trees, lush "reg." garden, breezy, beautiful) and pull out the old roor...(bong rips commence) pull open a beer, music...invite the girls over...

i cant tell you how many afternoons ive just sat around enjoying the weather (and my buds) and the company of my plants and good friends. that what this is all about, right? hope everyone has a good weekend.
-c

my plants say hi. this is from about 6 days ago, and since then theyve had a massive growth spurt. ill shoot some stuff today. any strain requests, i will do personal photos upon request, ha!
IMG_1048.jpg

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
chemsteady, im starting to get real excited thos things are almost ready to blow up! I want to see a pic of your favorite personal plant.

G

guest5703

I wanna see the big random seed your friend found in the chronic sack! She should be getting hairy and frosty now!!!

S

Signiant

Hey man hope you and chemsteady crew are big! Cheers for the time to
reply and the links..it's great when the knowledgeable are willing to share
man it speaks volumes.
You getting good germ rates with your method? looks as if you are..you
following the Rez recipe as regards to feeding?..and are you feeding every water?
Some filthy shots of the Lavender would be cool also..:woohoo:soma's?
peace enjoy

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
chemS
Howzit brothe..?? Man the way you just described that i felt as if i was right there with ya's Sounds like some good fun.. Keep on keepin on brother.. Ill bbl to peep some more good times.. peace..

sack

Yeti

Beautiful show mate. I also use coco and hydrotron in my soil mix. They each have they're advantages. This autumn will be wonderful. Look forward to this.

Thanks

Man that just won 1st place on my "Most Enjoyable Thread." I must say thanks for the descriptions & pics. I'm tagging now so keep the info & pics coming.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts