What's new

Average grower are you being watched.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Okay,
If you are suspected of growing and you are the typical grower with a basement or closet or attic grow.
Your getting an oz to 2 lbs every month.

Your not big game, why would you be watched?

There used to be a guy named harley about 10 years ago i think he was on CC forums, he appeared to be connected inside somehow and he said in order to get a search warrant they had a point system.

Your trash is 1 point , your light leak is 1 point, your smell is 1 point. and so on they need 5 points i think he said.

Anyways, even if none of that is true, logic says cops find out your growing and 1 hour later they are banging on your door.
Not tapping your phone, following you in little white vans.
Or any of this.

For the typical grower i think once they find out you will know within hours to maybe a few days.

I am only asking this because some of suffer from paranoia more then others.

When you order something online and then you sit back and worry that the your name just went on a list for ordering fertilizer or something.

But for one man operations Mom & Pop grows, am i correct to think once they suspect or find out its fairly quick from that point on.

Or do you believe they watch for long periods of time?
The only reason this doesn't make since to me is because sometimes people get one harvest and stop for awhile. It would seem that if they gather intelligence and wait they could be entering and empty grow.

Anyone care to discuss.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Because i suffer from that paranoia, Oh no the snow melted on my roof first! oh my god. ( poor insulation)

Or O my god the mail said julias garden on the package! Oh My god!

Worry worry.

Just stuff like that.
I thought talking about it would ease my paranoia and stress.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Stealth, check EVERYTHING including above, for security. Tell NO-ONE. No worry's.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any cop will tell you that 90 percent of people being watched and arrested is because someone else told them about what they were doing.

If you're not selling, and being careful with EVERYTHING ELSE then there is no reason to feel you should be on the radar....

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Because i suffer from that paranoia, Oh no the snow melted on my roof first! oh my god. ( poor insulation)

Or O my god the mail said julias garden on the package! Oh My god!

Worry worry.

Just stuff like that.
I thought talking about it would ease my paranoia and stress.

If your that paranoid and clearly you have a small grow, I'd shut it down, not worth the paranoia, which in your case, is unwarranted.

Helis

I side with Headiez here. At least where I live the police DO have better things to worry about than a few ounces. The charges here for arresting me would be more rewarding for the cops if I were a drunk driver.

That said nobody is "above the law" and you have to do everything you can to stay under the radar. No light leaks no smells and as usual, tell no one.

foozo

Just Stay Smart

Just Stay Smart

I have never told anyone I grow. That is the quickest way to get caught. I follow the basic rules I first read at Overgrow: No smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell.

Every year or two I do a grow that is for my own consumption. Then I clean everything up. I have been doing this since 1992 & have never had a problem.

I do some things that people say are dangerous, such as have seeds and bulbs delivered to my home. However, I never have light leaks, there is no unusual traffic at my house, there is no smell & no person can truthfully say they have ever seen me smoke or grow.

Many people worry more about the paper trail than I do. To me, silence is golden.

mandi paige

I have never told anyone I grow. That is the quickest way to get caught. I follow the basic rules I first read at Overgrow: No smell, Don't Sell, Don't Tell.

Every year or two I do a grow that is for my own consumption. Then I clean everything up. I have been doing this since 1992 & have never had a problem.

I do some things that people say are dangerous, such as have seeds and bulbs delivered to my home. However, I never have light leaks, there is no unusual traffic at my house, there is no smell & no person can truthfully say they have ever seen me smoke or grow.

Many people worry more about the paper trail than I do. To me, silence is golden.

Wise man :smoker:

grwAer0

i hope i am going to be safe with my 400watt hps. on vent is fan pointed towards light and another towards ladies.

i know televisions, my sub zero fridge, my computer and my 1000 watt home theater system use more power, but the technology they use creeps me out.

the way they can determine differences in heat by the emission of it on the exterior of the home is something easily shielded. mylar and aluminum is what i have heard.

hkush

i hope i am going to be safe with my 400watt hps. on vent is fan pointed towards light and another towards ladies.

That's a dead giveaway. Anytime the cops see one fan pointed towards the lights and one towards the plants they know something is up. :)

grwAer0

That's a dead giveaway. Anytime the cops see one fan pointed towards the lights and one towards the plants they know something is up. :)

How can they tell fans stay way cooler, plus they have to look through concrete walls and insulation.

foozo

I Hope He Is Kidding

I Hope He Is Kidding

GRWAER0: I hope he is kidding you. If the cops see a fan pointed at your plants, you're going to jail. Try closing the blinds so they don't see them.

rambone

Neighbors reporting suspicious activity is really the only thing you need to be concerned with, if your neighbors aren't able to see any light leaks or smell anything you are fine. Different cars coming and going is the biggest give away if you're selling. One thing that I believe is worth its weight in gold is establishing report with your neighbors, they are less likely to call the cops on you if they think of you as a nice person.

With that said if the paranoia is eating at you I would recommend you shut down your grow, paranoia can wreak havoc on your brain if it is constantly dominating your thoughts.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
The main reason the cops would show up at your grow would be some kind of complaint.

Its really a human factor.

Now there are some states where there are fly overs, but I do believe thats outdoor grow states and that doesn't apply to me.

Now I've heard of some rumors of police monitoring hydro shops.. But I've never confirmed this.

Dont tell anybody. Dont piss people off, and for the most part you should be safe.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I once suffered from a similar paranoia, but I outlasted it.

We fear what we do not know - it is the nature of our species. Among us are explorers and homebodies alike, but we all share the fear.

To overcome the fear, the paranoia, we must educate ourselves. We must seek reliable, actual, information as it pertains to our concerns.

Are there secret lists out there containing names of people who purchased products online?

Very unlikely, EXTREMELY unlikely but in the end there is, of course, no way to know.

Take solace in the knowledge that if there is such a list and we are in fact doomed that we all doomed together and none of us are alone in this.

Think positive, be smart and ALWAYS have a plan.