What's new

Automatic Hindu Kush

M

medi-useA-Redux

So I decided to scratch the seed. It looked nice and dark and a fair size. I should have just left it to soak. But I grabbed it with some tweezers and squeezed it good and hard so I could cut the shell and it popped right out of the tweezers and flew across the room like a bullet--lost.

If you're doing something like this...cut the top and bottom off a 2-3 Ltr clear soda bottle and use the tube to perform your work in...if you place a small towel over each end of the tube and sneak your hnds in, the seed will not get lost.

Oh, and to hold the seed...sometimes a good quality wooden clothes peg with sandpaper glued on the gripping faces will hold a seed well...you have to compress the peg and not rely on the spring to hold it strongly enough.
muA

Thanks for the useful advice medi, I like the pop bottle idea. Hopefully I won't need to use it and everybody will pop open properly.

Praise to the Godess Shiva as she has answered my prayers and delivered to me a beautiful boyplant. These balls showed up basically overnight on #7 as yesterday morning I could see nothing. There's a pair on each side of the node and you can see them forming up the stalk. Oh I needed this male so badly. I kind of feel these are not femmed flowers from the colloidal silver but I don't know for sure. None of the other flowers have turned male on any of the other plants from the spraying, so it's possible this is a natural male. I've stopped spraying now that I've seen these flowers. I'll know when I plant his progeny if I get any male plants from his seeds.

#1 and #2 will be past their breeding prime by the time he spreads his pollen and #3 and #4 will be borderline. But #6 and #8 will be prime age and #8 is a fabulous looking plant from a very large seed. And then there's #9 the mutant which hasn't showed sex yet but it is huge and strong from the largest seed. If it turned female that would be good. 7 females and 1 male would work out just fine.

Attachments

• 015g.JPG
    015g.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 22
Here's a photo of #7 and #8. #7 on the left is a bit bent over at the top as I really twisted him over to get the above photos. It's day 26 and #8 is just starting to get some flowers going. By the time #7 opens she'll have lots of hairs and she can make lots of seeds. #8 is such a sturdy plant with a very thick stalk to hold a lot seeds.

Attachments

• 018g.JPG
    018g.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 11
#6 in the center front should be a perfect age for making seeds as it is now on day 33.

Here you can see the whole group and get an idea of the nice healthy growth. In the left row from back to front are #2, #4, and #3 at the front. In the center row are #7, the tiny #1 in the middle and the #6. On the right are #8 at the back and #9 the trifoliate mutant in front. #3 and #6 have both made longer branches at the bottom and the rest of the plants have short branches. It might be ther lighting as they are in a less blue zone.

Attachments

• 027g.JPG
    027g.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 10
A close up of the #9 shows just how strong this plant is. It has huge leaves even though it's making an extra set. I like it and I'm hoping to see some flowers any day as it's now on day 19. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for female as I seem to already have a nice male in #7. I had a mutant like this years ago and it was extremely potent compared to the others in the batch.

Well, I'm very surprised that it actually worked. I just went to check on the male flowers on #7 and they are getting nice and fat. But then I noticed a lot of female flowers starting up on the growth tip. So #7 obviously hermied from the colloidal silver. I've never used it on weed before but I am now a believer. I always felt that #7 was a female plant and when I saw the male flowers I didn't give the silver credit. I just thought I had made a mistake and it was just genetically male. Out of desperation I started using the silver but I didn't have any faith that it would work. I'm impressed.

If it's this easy to make them hermie then possibly my #1 hermied and that's why it looks pollinated and #2 looks a bit hit. There's just the slightest breeze in the closet from the ufo light. It's possible another plant besides #7 hermied and I didn't see it because these plants are tight. Of course I was spraying the silver several times a day at the time so any pollen would only have a short time to spread around.

Here's the question. If #9 was really a male, and I thought it looked male myself, could I have turned it female by spraying it with colloidal silver? It still has internodes twice the length of any other plant. If it was a male and had female flowers it would only have male genes. So if the female flower on the male plant was pollinated by a hermie, would the seeds turn out normal with some being male and some being female? This is getting interesting.

onelung09

ya i would like to no about odour as well have a pack of these growing now cant wait to see finished product any new pics ? good vibes 1lung

He started to spill his pollen a couple of days ago, #7 and I've been busilly spreading it around to all the females with a q-tip. I'm trying for total pollination of all the plants so I've turned a fan on high in the closet periodically and blown pollen onto what I could reach. Some of the plants may be too old but the leaves are healthy so I'm hoping they will extend their life and finish their seeds. The oldest is on day 55 today so it'll have to go to day 83 approximately to finish seeds. Not impossible but pushing it. Some of the hairs on the females are starting to crash so it looks like the pollen is viable.

Attachments

• 010h.jpg
    010h.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 14
He really is a magnificent male and has put on a huge growth spurt in the last 10 days and just towers over the females. It's about day 35 for #7 and #8 to his right so they're just the perfect age for making seeds. All the females seem to be about 12" high except #1, the dwarf, and even #8 is almost that tall.

#2 is on the left at the back on day 55 and is a pretty solid cola almost right from the ground up. The photos are a bit deceptive because most of her hairs have shrivelled and she looks smaller than she should.

#9, the mutant, (front right) still hasn't shown sex and it's day 35 so I'm hoping it will autoflower and show female. But it's very late. It has such huge leaves. I might force it under 12/12.

Attachments

• 003h.jpg
    003h.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 15
Plant #2 at the back is on day 55 now. It hasn't grown any taller in several weeks. It just got thicker and thicker. What you see here are just calyxes as most of the hairs have curled right up. It looks pretty packed right from the bottom up.

Plant #4 in the middle is 48 days old now. It's just approaching 12" but you can see how #2 has thickened up in the extra week compared to her. A lot of it's flowers are still standing although she's showing a bit of shrivelling.

Plant #3 is also 48 days now and it's a bit smaller and her flowers are completely folded from the pollen.

You have to understand that these plants are a seed run. You can never compare the finished product to what it is possible to achieve. Without ruining all the flowers with colloidal silver and pollen I think they could have been pretty nice. The total weight from the plants, the length of time to finish and the quality of the smoke will not be the same as for sensimilla.

Attachments

• 007h.jpg
    007h.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 13
#7 and #8 really look like my best choice for fabulous seeds. Look at the male. It's just dripping with flowers. And #8 is the female with the really thick stalk and a bit longer internodes. It came from one of the largest seeds and has been strong from the beginning.

I really did end up with a good little batch of plants. 7 females, 1 male, and a non auto mutant monster.

Okay now for the nitty gritty. So far I have had very little smell even though there are this many plants. I do get the occasional smell to the area but it doesn't smell like pot. It has a kind of oily smell to it and the smell of your clothing the day after sitting in the smoke of a campfire, sort of a burnt smell and even just a touch of fresh fish maybe. It's really hard to describe the smell. I do put a tiny can with a bit of ona on top of my ufo light sometimes and it takes it away but it's such a strange smell from the plants that I'm not concerned at all.

Attachments

• 002h.jpg
    002h.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 12
Well you won't believe this. #9, the mutant trifoliate turned out to be female. It was a bit slow to flower on day 29 but I expected that because it's making all those extra leaves. Hopefully it will continue to make flowers even with the pollen pouring over it. All the other plants had lots of flowers to make seeds when the male started to flower, but this one only has a few flowers.

So how do you like that for good luck. 7 females and 1 male for my seed run (correction to previous post) 8/9.

This morning was the first time I really smelled the Automatic Hindu Kush; just around the closet because the door was open a bit and inside when I opened it up. It was mild but there. It was very sweet with a definite marijuana smell very nice really, not obvious and quite localized. Considering there are 8 flowering plants it's very small. When I got home from work I couldn't smell anything at all. My experience it's the males that smell the most. And this would explain why there wasn't any smell until the male started to flower. It's been warm outside for the last couple of weeks since he started and the grow area has been warm, but last night was cold and windy and the house cooled. Maybe that's why I smelled the pot this morning. Anyway now there is nothing.

L

lowrydergrower

Wow man everything is looking great, I have some seeds on the way can't wait to get started again.

onelung09

how do i post pics thru proxy i have three hindus in 3 weeks in flower i would like to show you all but dont wanna get traced for this little med grow i dont have much time anyways they say they only get 12 inches well mine are about 17 inches and 1 12 inches bud monsters starting to get frost already im pretty excited about these little autos lol just would like to be able to share with you great people good vibes

Latest posts

Latest posts