What's new

auto pineapple express

Snoopster

Veteran
I got a loop at radio shack for about $8.
I also ordered one from ebay that was $6 and had a light.

I was given one that is about 60x magnification and that is too much.

Organic joe

Radio shack huh I'll check them.out thanks
I looked at WalMart last night they had some magnifying glasses but I figured I'd wait and sre what else I could find

Organic joe

update

update

ok i thought i lost the cuts i forgot to put the humidity dome back on one day and they dried out real bad i threw away like 11 of the 31 i had and watered the rest so far 6 have been transplanted into little pots before they go into the ground hoping the rest fall into place soon ill get some pics of the cuts tomorrow

now on to the pineapple express
there are several seeds that look like they are going to fall out but there are alot that are still green so i pulled 4 dark ones that just fell out when i touched them on wed and put them into a wet paper towel
at the same time i put 3 sugar black rose form delicious seeds into a different wet paper towel
the 3 sbr popped already and my ape hasnt done anything yet
am i doing something wrong?
do i have to dry them for a couple weeks and then freeze them for a couple weeks before i can plant them?
i read on here to put the in a match box with sand paper and scuff them up a lil bit then do the paper towel tek is it to late for that?
any advice for this little problem would be great im trying to put a bunch of autos outside for a quick harvest along with the cuts and sbr

ill get pics of everything tomorrow so you all can see the progress
thanks for advice in advance
peace and keep it green
organic joe

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want or need good germination rates, it's better to allow at least a couple of weeks for the seeds to dry.

That normally works fine for me, some people suggest to pop them in the fridge for a few days after they are dry too. But I never do.

Best waiting for them to fall out, or dry within the buds to guarantee they are nice and mature. You shouldn't need to scuff them or anything then.

Good luck,

cheers, mitch

Snoopster

Veteran
I put my seeds in a marked bag in a jar that sits in the basement.
I think if you let them sit for about a month you will get better germination rates.

I think scuffing seeds in a match box or pill bottle with sandpaper works.

Sounds like you had a successful go.

Organic joe

I put my seeds in a marked bag in a jar that sits in the basement.
I think if you let them sit for about a month you will get better germination rates.

I think scuffing seeds in a match box or pill bottle with sandpaper works.

Sounds like you had a successful go.

so far things are looking great but now i just have to be paitent and let the seeds dry so they will pop but over all for my first go i think ive done well i just hope the seeds will bust open if they dont then i just wasted the last four months
oh well thats part of figuring things out i guess
well good luck with your grow ive been watching
peace oj

Organic joe

If you want or need good germination rates, it's better to allow at least a couple of weeks for the seeds to dry.

That normally works fine for me, some people suggest to pop them in the fridge for a few days after they are dry too. But I never do.

Best waiting for them to fall out, or dry within the buds to guarantee they are nice and mature. You shouldn't need to scuff them or anything then.

Good luck,

cheers, mitch

thanks for the reply mitch and ill dry the seeds next time i pull some then ill put them in the freezer for a week or two hopefully that works cause im ready for my own smoke instead of the bullshit swag we be buying
thanks again
oj

Organic joe

update time

update time

here she is looking hungery but she just got the chop
and she is full of seeds
here is some pics of her after leaf removal
drying in the closet

when the buds are dry then ill harvest the seeds and get a count for those interested

Organic joe

i tried iso hash

i tried iso hash

well im not sure if i did it right or not but here is a couple pics of the sugar leaf iso hash i made after i trimmed her
some of it was soft and i rolled it into a ball and the rest kinda looks like kief whats up with that?
did i burn it?

abellguy

Nice you got some seeds to work with :D I am sure after you dry them they are going to work just fine. I have never made ISO hash before, how does it smoke? I have had hash come out at different consistencies before too and I am not sure if it's differences in trichomes from leaf to bud or if its just other waxes and stuff that makes it come out different. It always smoked good though :rasta:

Organic joe

Nice you got some seeds to work with :D I am sure after you dry them they are going to work just fine. I have never made ISO hash before, how does it smoke? I have had hash come out at different consistencies before too and I am not sure if it's differences in trichomes from leaf to bud or if its just other waxes and stuff that makes it come out different. It always smoked good though :rasta:

Yes the seeds are drying on the buds now about fifteen has fallen out and I have them drying in a box im going to let them dry for a couple weeks then im going to put them in the fridge for a few days and see If i can get them to germ...
I haven't smoked much of the hash yet but i smoked a little bit of the kief looking kind in a bowl i took a couple hits and it gave me a slight head high tasted good tho kind of a smooth fruity fast kinda hard to explain I'll smoke some more in a while and try to give a better smoke report

Organic joe

seed update

seed update

Ok well I counted out a little over 130 seeds that are mature they have been drying for a couple weeks now so im going to put them in the fridge for a few days sometime this week then im going to make em pop im ready for the party
I think I could of let the plant go another week or two cause there was a few seeds that wasn't ready yet.

The high I got from this pineapple express is more of a head high than anything good daytime high
I don't think it is as strong as it could be but it's my second time growing this strain so ill keep going to see if I can improve it any with more experience...thanks for watching guys I'll report back and let you know if the seed germ or not then the thread will be closed
Peace oj

abellguy

Nice 130 seeds was that all out of the one plant? You may find that after running her a few times you can dial her in a little better for a bit better high. I am sure you are going to have excellent results with your seeds looking forward to hearing how it went :rasta:

Organic joe

Nice 130 seeds was that all out of the one plant? You may find that after running her a few times you can dial her in a little better for a bit better high. I am sure you are going to have excellent results with your seeds looking forward to hearing how it went :rasta:
yea i got a 130 mature seeds from her but there was probably another 50 or so seeds that wasn't mature im going to pollinate three or four more girls when i get them going so ill have more than enough seeds to keep me busy for a while
I put the seeds in the fridge last night but i kept two out and put them in moist paper towel to see if they will pop we will see
Thanks for keeping up with the thread abellguy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you pollinate a plant fully, you will usually get some seeds that never mature.

I always get the biggest, nicest, almost all perfect seeds from doing targeted pollinations of the lower buds. On decent sized, healthy AF's that equates to around 300 seeds per plant on average which is plenty for me.

Good luck with them germing though!

abellguy

Wow learn something new every day, I had no idea there was that many seeds that you could get from just one plant! Thats awesome information :rasta:

Organic joe

If you pollinate a plant fully, you will usually get some seeds that never mature.

I always get the biggest, nicest, almost all perfect seeds from doing targeted pollinations of the lower buds. On decent sized, healthy AF's that equates to around 300 seeds per plant on average which is plenty for me.

Good luck with them germing though!

300 seeds would of been nice but I don't think I got the whole plant pollinated properly still learning and she wasn't in the best of conditions hopefully I'll do alot netter next time around
I'm happy for what I did get tho its all new to me but a fun learning experience thanks for the input and yes I hope these been germ im going to be shitty pissed off it they don't

Organic joe

So far 2 out of the 3 seed I put in moist paper towel has popped
I think the seed was in the fridge for a bout a week the rest are still in there I may try to pop a few more here soon im just playing by ear at the moment

Latest posts

Latest posts