What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

ankhori

Hello my cannabis friends,

I have the same hobby like you to smoke weed, my familiars and friends didn't smoke and they think is bad. But still I like it,
I love to share with you the same hobby.

Some years back I tried the Auto cannabis, but was lacking of high and good smells. In fact, was bad taste, a bit dissapointed.

So me buy some seeds of Auto Malawi x NL because of the good description of other people in this thread, and I am so happy all of you inspire me to buy this strain, smell VERY good and the resin production are out of this world.

I have two plants of Auto Malawi x NL, one more tall, and other a bit more short,

The smell from the tall plant is a little less strong, but I prefer that plant, not only because production is bigger, because the "type" of smell is supernice. Smell like pine, resins, incense and wood. A little "marijuana" smell, but not like skunk. I love Ace Seeds because of this, not the typical smell of "marijuana", thanks Ace Seed!

I crossed both plants with Auto regular BlueBerry x Haze from LaBuenaHierba, and get a lot of seeds, but the buds have a lot of resin despite the pollination!!! Wooooooho! yeah!

Here som photos and will come back to smoke report,

Sorry my bad english, not native. But I think this year will improve so much, because here will comeback the CoronaVirus...;

Well stop words, picture time!!

Overall Tall plant (the best of the two)
album.php

album.php

The top cola of tall plant
album.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm getting like +100 seeds from the tall plant, and the short plant too. Will try to cross with OldTimer to make
auto OldTimer x Malawi and select from the more close Oldtimer plants, but getting the auto genetic. Also will maintain the Auto Malawi x BlueberryHaze.

Wish you best smokes of the world, happy to back to the international cannabis forum!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Sachiel,

We tested hundreds of Auto Malawi x NLs and all of them autoflowered. Maybe you mislabeled the plant confusing it with other strain ?

A friend of mine is running an Auto Malawi atm but has some problems. The plant itself has lots of vigor and looks just beautiful. The problem is that it won´t start flowering although it is now more then 7 weeks old! Did anyone ever experience this? Is it possible to induce flowering somehow? That Lady is getting too big :plant grow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Varelse,

Thanks to you for your feedback and for giving a try to Auto Zamaldelica and Auto Malawi x NL this outdoor season, much appreciated. :yes:

Glad your results and the terpenes of your female match accurately with our description of the strain. The pics of the harvested buds look excellent, very resinous! ;) Enjoy your harvest!

Hello everyone, I have tried malawixnl this season, outdoors in the Canary Islands and I would like to comment on my experience. I only put a seed of this variety because I am also testing the auto zamaldelica (these days I will put some photos in its thread), and I cut it yesterday with two months from seed. Well the case is that in growth I had problems with the drainage of the pot, and I could not take care of it much, and it remained small, but simply because of the bad conditions. Flowering was better, it developed a lot of resin and huge chalices like a feminized malawi that I grew a few years ago. But what has surprised me a lot are the aromas that it developed just after it started to flower strawberries, fruits and yogurt, and also the intensity of the aroma. I am very happy and eager to try the dried flowers with a proper cure. Also comment that the production is something to highlight also because it forms very fat buds and all over the plant (and although in my case I had a 50 cm plant, it was all bud).

It made a very positive impression on me compared to other cars from other banks I've tried.

I attach some photos although unfortunately they are not very good, taken with the mobile. In a month or so I will comment on how the dried flowers are and effects.

Thanks to Dubi and the entire ACE team for these great jobs.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Vysocinagrower :)

A pleasure to see your Auto Malawi x NLs doing so well at your greenhouse at 50ºN latitude. You are correct, the first one more compact and faster flowering is the more indica/rudelaris type, the second and third are the more Malawi sativa phenos.

Wish you have a sunny July and August! :tiphat:

Hello.I would like to show you 3 plants Malawi x NL
The first is smaller. It blooms the fastest. The other two are already over 1.7 meters high. I think they are sativa phenotype. I'm really excited about how fast they grow. They smell very interesting. Great job Ace team.
I am glad that I can grow exotic sativas even in our position, where this is not possible without light dep.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome ankhori :)

Thanks for sharing yours also! Glad you are pleased her aromas and resins so far and that you managed to pollinate her.
When did you get your Auto Malawi x NL pack ? Packing date of the pack in case you got it from a retailer ?

browntrout

Veteran
Nice browntrout :good:

She really grow out since your last update, keep providing her as much direct light as possible and good feeding so she can stretch a bit more and also the develop a bit more the branches before flowering. Thanks for your updates!

She's ripping now with all the rain we had, it's much nicer having an auto with a healthy amount of sativa genes to add some growth during early flower. The more indica autos haven't gotten very big outdoors in my climate.

Definitely showing some more sativa/hybrid traits now. Will update next week.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello all,

Here’s a few shots of our Auto Malawi; we have four in total. They were probably kept in their pots too long which is why two of them are a bit small.

The smallest. A couple weeks into flower.
picture.php

Here’s the other that’s getting there too.
picture.php

Another
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hopefully we won’t have too much rain and cold here and they’ll finish properly.

Vysocinagrower

Veteran
Hi Dubi :)

Current photos of indica / rudelaris pheno
6th week of flowering.
I look forward to tasting it.

picture.php

picture.php

Welcome Vysocinagrower :)

A pleasure to see your Auto Malawi x NLs doing so well at your greenhouse at 50ºN latitude. You are correct, the first one more compact and faster flowering is the more indica/rudelaris type, the second and third are the more Malawi sativa phenos.

Wish you have a sunny July and August! :tiphat:

browntrout

Veteran
Here she is, she's really stretching her legs and loving life. Smell is just starting, smells fruity/creamy, maybe a hint of durban smell.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav :) Nice to see yours as well.

To get the biggest possible autoflowering plants it's very important to avoid the plants get root bound in their first month of life.

All of them look healthy and happy in their early flowering stage, should finish around late August/early September, hopefully before the weather gets rainy and cold. Best wishes!

Hello all,

Here’s a few shots of our Auto Malawi; we have four in total. They were probably kept in their pots too long which is why two of them are a bit small.

The smallest. A couple weeks into flower.
View Image

Here’s the other that’s getting there too.
View Image

Another
View Image

View Image
View Image

Hopefully we won’t have too much rain and cold here and they’ll finish properly.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent development Vysocinagrower ;) Such a nice progress in 2 weeks since your last update. Explosive flowering! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update browntrout :)

Main stem and lateral branches stretched fairly well since your last update. Looks very healthy and ready to face a great flowering stage!

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks for the update browntrout :)

Main stem and lateral branches stretched fairly well since your last update. Looks very healthy and ready to face a great flowering stage!

Thanks Dubi, were you involved in the growing of the photos used on the website? The plants that are bleached/yellowed out nicely with larger buds? I ask because the plants ive grown in areas with incorrect PH/yellowed plants that grew fine were always a tastier smoke. It can be hard to flush plants that well when growing outdoors in the ground/large pots.

Was this intentional? Is it just a Result of PH?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi browntrout,

I was there to help in late flowering and harvest time and to evaluate the results, a colleague did most of the gardening job, preparation of the soil too, he uses a very complex organic soil mix that does wonders, i can get the recipe for you if you are curious. The yellowing and flushing in that case was premeditated, and not due to an unbalance of ph.

But I know what you mean ... some of tastiest flowers i ever had came from guerrilla plants grown with hardly any attention and finishing quite yellowish due to lack of water and high ph.

browntrout

Veteran
Dubi,

I’d love to take a look at the soil recipes. Thanks.

Hi browntrout,

I was there to help in late flowering and harvest time and to evaluate the results, a colleague did most of the gardening job, preparation of the soil too, he uses a very complex organic soil mix that does wonders, i can get the recipe for you if you are curious. The yellowing and flushing in that case was premeditated, and not due to an unbalance of ph.

But I know what you mean ... some of tastiest flowers i ever had came from guerrilla plants grown with hardly any attention and finishing quite yellowish due to lack of water and high ph.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My colleague replied to you browntrout:

"As for the soil on the farm.... I use G&B organics potting soil and G&B Harvest supreme amendments. I add the amendments after the potting soil deplets the nutrients... usually about 60 days I start top dressing with amendments once a month. I also use General Organics products plus compost tea was used once a week...... hungry girls... they ate a lot...lol! I miss those beasts! Hope this helps."

Latest posts

Latest posts