What's new

Auto flower males life span

cbotany

Hey, so I have like 6 auto males and i usually just do open pollination, this is my first time kinda selecting males as well as saving pollen, so a few questions, do they have a similar lifespan to females? (a kinda death switch at a certain point?) as well at what point do you save unopened male flowers to save pollen? Thanks guys, PBLH

Icecoldcannabis

Hey, so I have like 6 auto males and i usually just do open pollination, this is my first time kinda selecting males as well as saving pollen, so a few questions, do they have a similar lifespan to females? (a kinda death switch at a certain point?) as well at what point do you save unopened male flowers to save pollen? Thanks guys, PBLH
So cool to see you here because I love your Acer 1. It’s my favorite medicine!
Ice Cold Cannabis.

cbotany

So cool to see you here because I love your Acer 1. It’s my favorite medicine!
Ice Cold Cannabis.
Hey man, Acer is my favorite strain! Did you ever get to try the acer/pablo lines? I had a few get to stressed and was honest about a hemi, the hermi wasn't from acer lol... and people didn't seem to want to get them... but the acer is dominant in most of the flower! You can send a dm after so many posts or what not! I don't want to get off topic, but glad you like them!

Icecoldcannabis

Hey man, Acer is my favorite strain! Did you ever get to try the acer/pablo lines? I had a few get to stressed and was honest about a hemi, the hermi wasn't from acer lol... and people didn't seem to want to get them... but the acer is dominant in most of the flower! You can send a dm after so many posts or what not! I don't want to get off topic, but glad you like them!
I have grown a lot of Acer 1 and I would have to say something important. There’s a connection to it being non super frosty and highly medicinal at the same time. You should never lose that because its power is not in any cannabinoid at all. It’s in the other 500 chemicals the government says cannabis contains. The power is in the stone that the builders…. disrespected. I’m going to try and figure out how to not lose that trait because that’s the true direction of this plant.

cbotany

I have grown a lot of Acer 1 and I would have to say something important. There’s a connection to it being non super frosty and highly medicinal at the same time. You should never lose that because its power is not in any cannabinoid at all. It’s in the other 500 chemicals the government says cannabis contains. The power is in the stone that the builders…. disrespected. I’m going to try and figure out how to not lose that trait because that’s the true direction of this plant
I might have some goodies for you this year! I have to wait till everything is flowered out, but i have a cool plant sitting in with some landraces I think you'll love!

Icecoldcannabis

I might have some goodies for you this year! I have to wait till everything is flowered out, but i have a cool plant sitting in with some landraces I think you'll love!
Sounds amazing. I was just thinking how…the couch lock effect that the Acer 1 is missing.. is not unlike some forms of depression where you can’t move. I don’t get the lethargy or the munchies off a carefully selected Acer 1. It’s really unique. I’m looking forward to sampling something new from you. It’s been fire so far.

Icecoldcannabis

I have grown a lot of Acer 1 and I would have to say something important. There’s a connection to it being non super frosty and highly medicinal at the same time. You should never lose that because its power is not in any cannabinoid at all. It’s in the other 500 chemicals the government says cannabis contains. The power is in the stone that the builders…. disrespected. I’m going to try and figure out how to not lose that trait because that’s the true direction of this plant.
Pablo is weak and unworthy of your attention imo. Big Boofy leaves form the same way as boofy buds. I keep every leaf tight by using an acidic ph around 3.9. Pablo can’t even be grown in sunlight. It’s trash. When you see burnt tips, that’s the leaf getting tighter and smaller. Its seeds will be able to adjust without burnt tips. I got pictures of it. Genetic drift can work for you and not against you. All the magic is in the acids. That’s why everything was greener in the 60’s. We had acid rain.

Icecoldcannabis

Pablo is weak and unworthy of your attention imo. Big Boofy leaves form the same way as boofy buds. I keep every leaf tight by using an acidic ph around 3.9. Pablo can’t even be grown in sunlight. It’s trash. When you see burnt tips, that’s the leaf getting tighter and smaller. Its seeds will be able to adjust without burnt tips. I got pictures of it. Genetic drift can work for you and not against you. All the magic is in the acids. That’s why everything was greener in the 60’s. We had acid rain.
My big breakthrough was cold stratification of Acer 1 seeds. 1 out of about 300 come out with “pinheads”- extremely small leaf sets that hold all the magic. Out of those pinheads, I found a couple that also stay green when they are challenged with a low ph. My guess as to what they’re doing? They’re displaying the natural plant behavior of “accumulating”. Exactly the opposite of what the world is doing. No one ever cared about accumulating until for some strange reason- the government started “caring” about it. Just do everything the opposite of conventional wisdom. Just like God said. lol. Whatever is despised by men will work.

cbotany

I didn't know the non couch lock effect was rare...alot of my plants seem to carry that, but I really only smoke what I grow and a few people such as hoku grow as well, I had one i gave seeds away from that just had time distortion... very odd odd trippy weed. It was a thcv x to critical, i couldn't smoke it, it just kinda wigged me out.

Icecoldcannabis

I didn't know the non couch lock effect was rare...alot of my plants seem to carry that, but I really only smoke what I grow and a few people such as hoku grow as well, I had one i gave seeds away from that just had time distortion... very odd odd trippy weed. It was a thcv x to critical, i couldn't smoke it, it just kinda wigged me out.
It’s also rare for a plant to put out runners like a strawberry plant. You have a great medicinal plant that stands alone. Don’t get it all frosted up just for looks. I don’t think plants can typically make cannabinoids and the hops medicine at the same time. NIH admits there’s 500 chemicals in hemp but won’t say what they are. Acer 1 has one of them in good quantities. It’s not a cannabinoid imo. It’s also super cold tolerant.

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpeg
    IMG_3888.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

Icecoldcannabis

These two eight week Acer 1 phenos tell a story all by themselves. The power in these plants have nothing to do with cannabinoids. They may contain cannabinoids just like echinacea or stinging nettles- but they have something unique that needs to be celebrated and used all by itself.

Attachments

• IMG_2804.jpeg
    IMG_2804.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

Icecoldcannabis

Icecoldcannabis

Acer 1- the plant that wears pants.
Acer 1- plants with pants!

Attachments

• IMG_2989.jpeg
    IMG_2989.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Icecoldcannabis

If I could redo my past year: I’d only lock down the “pinhead” phenos of Acer 1. I’ve victimized myself by trying to add things it doesn’t need because….it’s not time for any of that yet. I was rushing. And rushing is the definition of autos. These short plants don’t need either the medicine or the hurriedness that an auto could give it. It’s hard enough to get a population of them without making your task more difficult. They are a stand alone plant. An Army of One. Acer 1- the plant with pants. Unless you already have that, you are fighting the direction the plant is showing you.