What's new

Auto Fem Seed Crop experiment

Snoopster

Veteran
I got a few plants going, lowryder 2.
I plan on turning the best plant male with some spray I bought on ebay for $20.

I have heard good things, so why not? It is only $20.

Tiresias Mist

132357513763.png

I started the lowryder 2s a couple weeks ago.

4uxel3.jpg

I chose the first one. It has been sprayed twice.

Pretty soon it will be moved to a friend's shed to pollinate, all auto, all fem:

Super Lemon Haze
Autoberry
Pineapple Kush
Lowryder2

The shemale will go right in the middle, we are going for as many seeds as we can get. we will be using a T5 8 bulb setup and probably add some more light. With the seeds I'll start a small auto sog in my underused veg room.

I will try to keep this updated. I may only be able to get over to see the setup once a week or so.

edit:

Botanicare coco
Lucas 6-9, GH
Floralicious Plus added on day 22 (and boom went the dynamite on day 23)
I have intentionally kept the temps near 80.

The whole batch will be bottom fed in a 36" pool I got at Toys R Us for $8.

Day 24: I sprayed the whole plant for a week, twice a day (days 17-23). I realized I was going to run out quickly at that pace. I decided to start spraying once a day and only the top once and one other branch once. I will continue this until the bottle is gone.

Last edited:
hahaha jus saw this shit in high times... might work but id rather jus take an extra clone and colloidial silver spray the whole mofo and get MADD seeds

Snoopster

Veteran
It is colloidal silver. I am lazy, it was easier to order it than make it. $20 is worth it for the time saved. There are a couple people on youtube with good grow videos that have used it successfully.

The closest plant is being sprayed completely. The other two were rejects.

That plant will be used to pollinate 5 other plants.
If it works, I will get ASS LOADS of seeds, which is more than MADD seeds.

:)

Snoopster

Veteran
yep, forgot to mention that
I was told it wouldn't be a problem. Some people have had to peel open the bananas to get at the pollen.

I have nothing to lose really. If I fail I'll have about 10+ ounces.

Snoopster

Veteran
2z5q2k1.jpg

I've been spraying for 6 days now, twice a day.
The plant being sprayed is a bit shorter (the closest one). It is doing very well, but there is something different about it.

The girls that will be seeded have sprouted over at my friend's house. The shemale will be moved over there pretty soon.

ChumLeeJr

Coolio. Great idea - a barrel load of fem'd auto beans, make for a crazy big SOG auto harvest. Best wishes for your experiment.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Very interested to see the results.I passed the information about Tiresias-Mist to a fellow member here,in hopes that he might be persuaded to try it as well.<hint hint><nudge nudge> :biggrin:

Snoopster

Veteran
Day 24:

2yn2nty.jpg

169qibs.jpg

We've got balls!
Okay, it is washed out, but there are balls forming in there.
If this were a regular grow, I would be mad and putting the plant in the composter.
I have never been so happy to see balls.

3 weeks is about the beginning of flowering for autos. I added Foralicious Plus on day 22. The next day there were thick white hairs coming out of the two plants that have not been sprayed.

20z5t0h.jpg

No balls on the two plants to the left, just thick white hairs.
So far, so good. Both pictures taken on day 24 from sprout.

Day 24: I sprayed the whole plant for a week, twice a day (days 17-23). I realized I was going to run out quickly at that pace. I decided to start spraying once a day and only the top once and one other branch once. I will continue this until the bottle is gone. I have confidence this will work.

Snoopster

Veteran
You have my confusing vulgate confused. I did say I may have to peel open the bananas, but meant balls. From what I have read, people that use some lower ppm colloidal silver may have to actually peel open the male flowers. I also read something about fem seeds possibly needing to have the male flowers peeled open (not sure if I buy that)

I am getting regular male flowers. There are pistils and pistillate primordia at the nodes.
There are no pistils coming out of the flowering areas.

The sprayed plant is developing in a completely different way than the two rejects. The two unsprayed plants are taller and have lots of white hairs in the flowers as well as on the nodes.

As I said, We've got balls.

I will keep spraying until I run out. So far, so good.

By the way, the three lowryder 2 plants (week 4) are taking in more fert than my two regular plants (double blueberry and grape ape) in week 5 of flower.

Crazy

Organic joe

going nice so far man but you can stop spraying when u see the pollen sacks forming and save the rest for another go around

and you will more than likely have to manually open the pollen sacks i did...
i just took tweezers and grabbed a nanner and held it over the flower and lightly flicked it till no more pollen came out
good luck with your run i should only have a couple more weeks till my beans are ripe

peace oj

Snoopster

Veteran
I used store bought spray and was nearly out anyway.
I have heard that you have to pry open the pollen sacks when the ppm of the colloidal silver is low.
I'm hoping mine will open on their own and I'll let the fan do the work. I am definitely going to try to save some pollen in the freezer for later runs.

Besides some hairs at the nodes, my shemale looks exactly like a male.

I'll will be on it and get pics as soon as I get over there.

Snoopster

Veteran
Of course I left my camera right next to where I keep my keys.
Another cell phone pic, this is slightly better.

2qx46fo.jpg

It looks more male than female. They should be opening soon, I hope.
I just bought some non-toxic indicating desiccant for drying extra pollen.