What's new

Aussie/Kiwi Outdoor Season 2007-2008

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about timber boxes, cigar boxes, even small barrels, cardboard boxes or even cardboard tubes with end caps. Don't have to burp every day. Then when your buds are cured, bung em in your jars for storage or what ever.

HippySlayer

update

update

Howdy all....here's a quick update on my outdoor grow....

L-R: CS, JTR, JTR, CS, Shishkaberry, Skunk#1, Passionfruit WW, NL#5 x Haze & JTR f2 Sweet Haze pheno....most have been flowering for about 4 weeks now, with the exception of the NL & Sweet Haze JTR cuts, which have only been outside for a few weeks.
good luck to every1 else for the rest of the season.
grow hard
Slayer

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're coming along nicely HS, lovely bushy plants,,, how long do you expect the Shishkaberry to take?

HippySlayer

Apparently it could take as long as 8-10 weeks....not sure exactly....I'll have to wait & see....still undecided if it's a keeper or not....sure is a nice looking strain.

loverly pink bits.... ;)

This is 1 of my Celtic Stone ladies at about 4 weeks....best trich production of all so far....

Last edited:

dobo

Nice for sure hippy good work man!! Your neighbours must be cool? Those plants are nearly on their side of fence!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just curious HS cause I know some people that are running the Shishkaberry in their room ,,, they claim to be finishing in 45 days.
But then things are slightly diff outdoors.

G

lookin good slayer
i have a strain i created meself

i call bl;ack kali
F1 generation
sensi seeds black domina fem x serious seeds male kali mist
this pic is 2 weeks old
have stretched some and got some whisker
oh the 1 in back left is CELTIC CROSS X JACK THA RIPPER
again F1 with a shitload of seeds left
going in bin as JTr stock is not appropriate for this x
bil

Technique

Well its taken me some time to get this photo but heres one i have going. probably my best bet this season.

This is 3 plants in one pot, and spans about 1.5m wide. its going quiet well i didnt expect it to go so well with 3 plants there.

i think its white skunk again. tho it could very well be something different i really need to keep my shit noted what i plant haha

i've also got aphids pissing me off again

peppermint oil, metho, and water a good way to fuck em off?

thats a photo of last season of what i find herer and there. on plants

Last edited:

dobo

Well all plants are officially in flower! Love this time of the year, watching the buds pack on weight, you see change pretty much every day which is great.. I bought an organic spray from local garden centre to prevent damage from the passion vine hoppers...after spraying the plants with neem oil a couple of times there was much less PVH ..hopefully this spray with finish the rest of them off!

Anyway few flowering pics.

G

there looking great

there looking great

nice job dobo

can any fellow aussie/ kiwi grower,s offer any info on winter crops i,m building a green house to be able to grow all year round coz we can do that in sunny qld
but i cant find any info on winter growing ...
has anyone done it .. when do we plant ? for winter do i need to vege inside under lights then take them outside too flower..
any helpfull info would be apreciated

aussie strains

G

guest123

it will depend a little on where u are in qld aussie , southern parts the days are quite short in winter and growth isnt very good for flowering in winter .. and yes u will need to veg them first ...

rexamus616

Veteran
aussie strains said:
my post states it,s illigal for a pro gradening show too promote the use of it

in no way do i say it is illeagl god all mighty read pepole .....! ! ! (dont just shoot your mouth off first)

aussie strains

Settle down boy, no one is having a go at you!! "God allmighty" :p

I read what you wrote, and I'm still wondering why its ILLEGAL to 'promote' the use of a natural product, i.e. NEEM OIL on a pro "gradening" show.... thats equally as strange as neem being flat out illegal to buy.

And I appologise for the 'detegerent' comment, I did infact mean soap, as smurf said, its a surfactant, which makes the other compounds in the mixture adhere to the leaf surface where usually its run off.

Also Technique, the thing in your picture is nt an aphid. its scale Just scrape it off with your finger.... a couple of those shouldn't worry the plant.... hasn't mine. Aphids are little fuckers that gather in groups around growing tips... they're like little grey fleas (although theres many types and colours) and ants should be "farming" them, traveling about your plant and feeding off the aphid fuckers. They also (this is from memory, so don't take my exact word for it) make this sticky bubbley crap sometimes when they breed or something.... but like i said that bubble shit is just something i remembered, the scale and aphid descriptions i am certain of.

But anyway, in fear of becomming a non-growing poster, i've photographed some marijuana that has been grown.

And yes i know those buds aren't ready, but I felt like a fucking smoke. And i'm sick of leaf.

On more interesting notes tho, the plant pictured is a mutant. It has conjoined calyxes, buds growing out of calyxes, and weird split leaves (seen the leaf shit before tho)

Enjoy, and grow yer fucken ****'s off, you beasts! (my best is 7 foot, and still hasn't budded yet!)

:headbanger:

Technique

Yeah i have been scraping off the scales, and found alot of them aphid's guys hiding under the leaves. wouldnt mind making them go away

I've gone with neem

p.s. some funny looking plants you have got there.

Last edited:
G

Unofficial Botrytis King!

Unofficial Botrytis King!

When everything turns to mold I turn to BHO!

rexamus616

Veteran
Hey Smurfamus, I tied her out, four big branches, so now she's only 5-6ft now.... And loving these couple of days of sunshine!! I'm addicted to big girls now tho hey! 8ft tall and 6 ft wide, just the way i like them. :D Got any monsters in?

Fucken rains got me worried now (buds, mould). Although it has helped my back tremendously (no more humping in bottles and bottles!!)

Spend like 10 years wishing for the shit, now theres too much of it!! Hope none ofyou fulllas got too washed out!!

Technique;

Found these on aphids:

http://taropest.sci.qut.edu.au/LucidKey/TaroPest/Media/Html/Arthropods/Aphids/Aphids4.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1574850.htm

Looks like pyrethrum, garlic-spray or metho, water and a drop of soap must be the way to go.... Mine pissed off when the rain came.... They were attacking my broad beans, and the ants were milking them....

I read something about controling the ants, since the ants protect their herd of aphids from predators like ladybugs and lacewings (i think so anyway.... they at least milk the honey-dew from the aphids, i know that much)

Other than that, find the little colony of the ****ers, say they're on a new shoot, either pick the shoot off carefully, WITH the aphids on it, and throw it RIGHT away from your plants.... I also read just now that aphids FLY between plants, but they're crappy flyers, so don't throw them up wind (i.e. into the wind)

Or just flick them off.

Unless you have a full infestation, they shouldn't do too much damage.... but the 'honey dew' they crap out can build up and create mould and fungus quite easily....

Thats some lovely golden honey you've got there 1eighty7 And some healthy chunk plants commin along too. Frostin up.

And I hope no one has been wasting their male plants..... they've got more stem and leaf resin than females. (obviously not as much as female flowers) Make butter or do a metho extraction..... Same goes for leaf. Unless youhave bubble bags, of course.

Peace and fat buds.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Must say I enjoy a good smoke of the old oil too!

smurfamus sounds like a gladiator,, an animated one at that. hehe.

Something I remember being told about aphids was how lazy they are, and how you can blast them off your plants with water. Apparently they're too lazy to fly/crawl back up the plant, so they lay there and die? I know a lot of gardeners that use this method. As for ants,, well the little shits are the smart insects, ie. by farming / feeding & moving other bugs around eg. scale.

You know I'm a sucker for outdoor plants, it doesn't matter what size they are, but if they happen to be slightly on the larger side then yidda yeeha. The only thing is they're extra work to keep them from toppling over during strong winds & heavy rains.

starting to bud up now, I'll have to take some pics of the more matured ones for ron.

ciao for now
smurf

dobo

Very nice smurf you got some green fingers mate!! How many plants are in the pic above? and is there any reason you plant them so close or is it due to being limited to space?