What's new

Aspirin Seems To Have "Cured" My Sickly/Dying Plants

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I have no doubt that aloe is beneficial. It contains salicylic acid, plus many enzymes and vitamins. Scientists have discovered over 150 nutritional ingredients in Aloe vera. There seems to be no single magic ingredient. They all work together in a synergistic way to create healing and health giving benefits. The ten main areas of chemical constituents of Aloe vera include: amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharide, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, saponins, and sterols.
http://www.herballegacy.com/Baldwin_Chemical.html
However, I have never used it, so don't know anything about dosing, etc. I find the aspirin convenient, and never grow without it, as it has many additional benefits, some of which are still being discovered, including as a growth hormone, it stimulates the SAR response.
Here is the newest information on aspirin for plants:
Salicylic acid is a known plant growth hormone:
"Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens.[4] It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins.[5] It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid
a good place for aloe powder 200x is at buildasoil..all u do is take a small amount like 1/8 of a teaspoon for 1 gallon of water dump it in let it set 10 or 15 min then spray or drench the plant

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I have no doubt that aloe is beneficial. It contains salicylic acid, plus many enzymes and vitamins. Scientists have discovered over 150 nutritional ingredients in Aloe vera. There seems to be no single magic ingredient. They all work together in a synergistic way to create healing and health giving benefits. The ten main areas of chemical constituents of Aloe vera include: amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharide, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, saponins, and sterols.
http://www.herballegacy.com/Baldwin_Chemical.html
However, I have never used it, so don't know anything about dosing, etc. I find the aspirin convenient, and never grow without it, as it has many additional benefits, some of which are still being discovered, including as a growth hormone, it stimulates the SAR response.
Here is the newest information on aspirin for plants:
Salicylic acid is a known plant growth hormone:
"Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens.[4] It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins.[5] It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid

but i did find this thread very intersting and would like to thank u RG for all the info in it

sprinkl

Veteran
I am a believer. Used Willow water and aspirin twice during last year OD season.
Very little mold even though I had dense buds, and my greenhouse has terrible air circulation. Also zero seeds this year, previous years I averaged 4 seeds/100 gram. Could be strain dependant though I've only grown FMS gear outside, their outdoor strains are proven early finishers for my climate. Mold resistant as well, though last year was terrible in the greenhouse.
As I said, could be the strain but I'm inclined to believe the aspirin and willow water helped. I will grow me a willow tree to harvest branches from in the future :)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have got Aloe granules which appears to be dried juice of the aloe plant! can anyone help with correct dosage?

Sunfire

Veteran
Jasmonic acid! Any one hear of this? It's supposedly produced naturally by the plant and does exactly what SA does but is safer and won't cause herms.

I've read people say they notice less frosty and looser buds when using SA but with JA they are noticing frostier and denser buds. JA also does more than stimulate the immune system, it's neutralizes the toxins from the bugs which SA does not.

I can believe that JA effects trichrome growth because for over a decade I have heard people talking about purposely stressing their plants in all sorts of ways to make them frostier. I personally have never tries that, or JA. Any thoughts?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Jasmonic acid! Any one hear of this? It's supposedly produced naturally by the plant and does exactly what SA does but is safer and won't cause herms.

I've read people say they notice less frosty and looser buds when using SA but with JA they are noticing frostier and denser buds. JA also does more than stimulate the immune system, it's neutralizes the toxins from the bugs which SA does not.

I can believe that JA effects trichrome growth because for over a decade I have heard people talking about purposely stressing their plants in all sorts of ways to make them frostier. I personally have never tries that, or JA. Any thoughts?

This chemical may have a role in pest control, according to an October 2008 BBC News report. Researchers at the UK's Lancaster University have signed a licensing deal with an American company to market jasmonic acid as a seed treatment. JA seed treatment stimulates the natural anti-pest defenses of the plants that germinate from the treated seeds, without harming plant growth as happens when jasmonates are sprayed onto plants that have already started growing. However, due to its antagonistic relationship with salicylic acid (an important chemical signal in pathogen defense) in some plant species, it may result in an increased susceptibility to viral agents and other pathogens. In Zea mays, salicylic acid and JA are mediated by NPR1 (nonexpressor of pathogenesis-related genes1), which is essential in preventing herbivores from exploiting this antagonistic system. An Armyworm like the Spodoptera spp., through unknown mechanisms, are able to increase the activity of the salicylic acid pathway in maize, resulting in the depression of JA synthesis, but thanks to NPR1 mediation, JA levels aren't decreased by a significant amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmonic_acid

Sunfire

Veteran
Put jasmonic acid into the thread title search. Old man and the sea has a really good thread about It with lots of people chiming in good stuff

Latest posts

Latest posts